Greetings Comrades!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Greetings Comrades!

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Hey All! The name's Jack :)

I'm pretty new to the whole tuner thing...Let alone Mitsubishi...I've crossed over from the Commodore realm no less than three days ago! My previous car was a 1986 VL Calais V8...So here I am with a beautiful FTO GR!

When the offer came up to purchase this little lady, I had never pushed to sell my beloved Calais so hard before. I think she's pretty stunning but I'll let the real enthusiasts be the judge!

I'll be needing all the help I can get with coming to terms with the whole Jap scene...Like I said, I'm entirely new to it! My old motor was as simple as nuts and bolts to fix...This is the fist car that I've driven that has anything computerized!

She has a pretty great sound system, with dual Orion subwoofers and speakers throughout...Momo steering wheel's pretty keen, motor's stock standard apart from the exhaust system which I must say is pretty freakin' loud! Bodykit appears to be Veilside from what I've gathered, apart from the rear bumper...Would love to know where I can get a hood like that red beauty up on the page header! I bought her as is, and I must say that it was well below budget now that I compare prices with other FTO's!

Here are a few pics...Let me know what you think!

ImageHey All! The name's Jack :)

I'm pretty new to the whole tuner thing...Let alone Mitsubishi...I've crossed over from the Commodore realm no less than three days ago! My previous car was a 1986 VL Calais V8...So here I am with a beautiful FTO GR!

When the offer came up to purchase this little lady, I had never pushed to sell my beloved Calais so hard before. I think she's pretty stunning but I'll let the real enthusiasts be the judge!

I'll be needing all the help I can get with coming to terms with the whole Jap scene...Like I said, I'm entirely new to it! My old motor was as simple as nuts and bolts to fix...This is the fist car that I've driven that has anything computerized!

She has a pretty great sound system, with dual Orion subwoofers and speakers throughout...Momo steering wheel's pretty keen, motor's stock standard apart from the exhaust system which I must say is pretty freakin' loud! Bodykit appears to be Veilside from what I've gathered, apart from the rear bumper...Would love to know where I can get a hood like that red beauty up on the page header! I bought her as is, and I must say that it was well below budget now that I compare prices with other FTO's!

Here are a few pics...Let me know what you think!

[img]http
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
sublime19
Sooty!

Re: Greetings Comrades!

Post by sublime19 »

Welcome ;)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Looks clean as, seems like a good score. Pedals arent standard + coloured interior :mrgreen:
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

WTTC!
Ill be the one to be the negative downer i think :lol:
Front bumper has been hit pretty hard on something as you can tell by the massive chip gone from the RHS and the panel is not lined up correctly to the fender, which probably means a mount has snapped off or something.
Not a fan of the steering wheel red things, and what are the buttons for on the wheel?
Its an auto
Its got a cannon
And imo pretty ugly rims
Aside from all of that its looking shmick and shpan, clean interior and the pod looks like a weapon r from memory.
Paint looks good and im sure it drives well!
Just get that cannon off, some decent non chrome dish rims and youll be right ;)
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Xeno
Grease Monkey

Post by Xeno »

That is a massive pedel LOL O_O
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

...What I find really awkward is that you guys noticed the pedals before I did HAHAHA.

The front bumper was partly me going up the driveway, which resulted in the mount f**king up so yeah got that to sort out this week...As for the chips, I think i'll just get some matching paint and touch it up for now...

Know any decent front bumpers, and anywhere in SA that supplies em? I really like the Veilside but it's so goddamn low...I can't even go to maccas :/ Probably a good thing in my case but still!
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

:lol:
Ive come to accept scraping.
Went from 100mm to 60mm and used to scrape absolutely everywhere, now i accept its going to scrape.
Angle does a little something, but not everything you just need to learn how to judge where you want to go and accept the fact its just not going to happen!
I have to park my car on the road now as while i can get up my driveway the angle is ridiculous and its much easier as my driveway is small, and every time i drive past my fto from the end of the street (to turn around) i look at it and think f**k yea, that sexxxy look is worth it, looks too good to go back!

In short: Deal with it 8O :lol: :twisted:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Chriwa

Post by Chriwa »

Hey Jack, you came to the right place, these guys seem to know everything you possibly need to know about FTO's...Literally everything... Does it make me a horrible person if I say I like the cannon? I think its good to have a few minor problems with a car (even if they are just problems of opinion...rims) whats the fun in having something like this if you don't have anything to fix on it!? Maybe I am just mad... No one say as a hater... :lol:
mattman
Grease Monkey

Post by mattman »

hay mate welcome love the front bar :)
FTO ftw
EscapingFate
Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

As for the hood as far as i know you have to get it custom made here unless you can manage to get one imported from the UK.

Looks neat though if you like driving auto good for you. Looks neat, clean, and like all FTO's stands out which is the main thing :P

I hope you enjoy driving it as much as everyone else enjoys theres they are really a drivers car =]
EscapingFate
Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

Awh its non mivec just noticed that too... =[ that sucks.
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Nice car, and WTTC :)

Have fun with any above or underground carparks too haha
Our Peugeot which isn't even that low, scrapes going down the above ground car park.
But thankfully we don't have to go up or down anything for our driveway :lol:
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Taz wrote:WTTC!
Ill be the one to be the negative downer i think :lol:
Front bumper has been hit pretty hard on something as you can tell by the massive chip gone from the RHS and the panel is not lined up correctly to the fender, which probably means a mount has snapped off or something.
Not a fan of the steering wheel red things, and what are the buttons for on the wheel?
Its an auto
Its got a cannon
And imo pretty ugly rims
Aside from all of that its looking shmick and shpan, clean interior and the pod looks like a weapon r from memory.
Paint looks good and im sure it drives well!
Just get that cannon off, some decent non chrome dish rims and youll be right ;)
Theyre BBS LMs if im not mistaken. They look better on Golfs..
I fix cars.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

ObsidianRadio wrote:...What I find really awkward is that you guys noticed the pedals before I did HAHAHA.

The front bumper was partly me going up the driveway, which resulted in the mount f**king up so yeah got that to sort out this week...As for the chips, I think i'll just get some matching paint and touch it up for now...

Know any decent front bumpers, and anywhere in SA that supplies em? I really like the Veilside but it's so goddamn low...I can't even go to maccas :/ Probably a good thing in my case but still!
Speaking of paint - paint that rear FTO badge white or black :mrgreen:
I fix cars.