Spares and fix advice

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rabbit
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Spares and fix advice

Post by Rabbit »

Hi, I just bought a cheap FTO and had it inspected. There are a few issues so I need to get some spares and have the engine looked at. Any recommendations on where to pick up 2nd hand spares? (im in Sydney but postage shouldn't be such an issue)

Need
- Air filter: Purchased with pod and its been knocked back. So this leaves me with trying to get a 2nd hand one or an aftermarket airbox (that will pass NSW RTA inspection)
- Front suspension (was told springs and shocks, car is sitting way to low in the front now)
- Drivers side seat belt. (not retracting well. Dunno if I can DIY this....)
- Rear brake pads (as a consumable, any ideas on which is best to pick up?most commonly used?)

Engine oil leaks
- I will try to clean it up to get more of an idea of maybe where the leaks are coming from. The engine has a lot of KM's on it but drives well at the moment. (seems smooth with no major sounds and just drove it 700kms+ interstate.)

The other issues (not for getting pass for rego) I think an auto electrician would be handy. Any recommendations in Sydney? Tacho needle does not move (gear indicator Ok) and Aircon interface playing up Some buttons do work, some dont + screen is very dim.

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks :)
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: Spares and fix advice

Post by Taz »

OMG Another Penny!! :lol:
Few more and i can retire.

Here is the answer key:
1) Dstocks
2) Dstocks
3) Dstocks
4) EBC greenstuff

Sounds like you knowingly bought a very sick FTO, some say its a big no-no, i say WTTC :D :lol:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

OK, as a newbie I don't immediately know these but will look them up. I did set aside a budget to fix up the car but I don't want to get ripped off while doing it. This is my concearn and reason for posting here looking for any feedback on trusted/experienced mechanics and spares dealers.
EscapingFate
Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

Dstocks or dwayne (on the forums) is the parts guy he will give you a good price for quality parts when i had my FTO i bought many parts off him with out a problem. I can do nothing but recommend him great prices and great service cant go wrong.

And he knows what his talking about =] so you wont actually get ripped off by dwayne as he actually gives a sh*t about the people in the club unlike most mechanics and spares dealers.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Thats me ;) Dont seem to have to offer to help anymore as someone tends to beat me to it :P . Anyway, If I dont have what you are after, I can generally get it for you. I can get new and 2nd hand. For starters, have a look at the aftermarket replacement parts thread under the FTO Help section. The part numbers for shocks and some other bits and pieces are in there. You can order from most auto part places like Autobahn/super cheap. For anything not listed, I can either get new or source 2nd hand in the majority of cases.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

Thanks a lot. This has really helped me out so I will do some research on the items that I require and get back to you. :lol:
    payaya
    Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Get use to not being able to get parts easy!
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

I have a spare air filter. If you can pickup from Sydney its yours.
    I fix cars.
    Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
    bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

I've got a spare set of front shocks / springs :)
    Technikhaus
    Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

the reason why your Tacho probably doesn't work could be your Ignition failure sensor
    Man '96 FTO GPX
    Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
    Man '90 MR2 GT
    Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
    payaya
    Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Rear pads are common but can't remember if they are lancer items are galant.