Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

adzski
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

blue gear boot

Post by adzski »

hey guys,

im thinking of getting a blue leather gear boot ill link below but i got a few questions.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REAL-LEATHER ... 743wt_1245

ok the questions

.when replacing the gear boot, unlike the normal gear boot this one doesnt have the screws that go into it instead it has a elastic base, does it just go into like a plastic retaining ring thing that surrounds the area i havent pulled the surround off to have a look.

.has any one purchased and have this gear boot is it any good or cheap crap?

cheers
adam
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: blue gear boot

Post by Taz »

There is nothing really behind the surround the elastic can wrap around, the only thing i could spot is put it around the 2 clips that clip into the console and 2 screw guiders type things, but they probably wouldnt be suitable anyway, just deal with the black one or colour change it or get one sewn up.

And lately ive been realising i have a LOT of american spelt words in my vocabulary....how does that happen?
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

ahh didnt want to hear that but yeh maybe ill stick with the black

and haha yeh i can be guilty of that to sometimes i donno what its from prob tv or something
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Just take it off and take it to a place that does that kind of stuff, get them to sew up a new one in blue - wont cost that much, and wouldnt be hard either.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!