Timing Belt..

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Carbon Polluter
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Timing Belt..

Post by Carbon Polluter »

Hey FTO fanatics, my FTO is nearing the 200 000km mark and is in need of its major service. :S
Was just wondering where I can buy the timing belt kit (with all necessary parts) for the service. My Dad owns a mechanical workshop, so the labour won't cost anything.. I just need to find the actual kit itself for a decent price. Btw, It's a Mivec.
Cheers, Jake.
Sahin
HULK

Timing Belt..

Post by Sahin »

Mitsubishi FTO MIVEC 6A12 Timing Belt Kit

http://bit.ly/wHiceI
Sahin
HULK

Timing Belt..

Post by Sahin »

That's the belt and bearings. There might be cheaper overseas but if you don't want to wait then that one is in melbourne
Carbon Polluter
Apprentice

Re: Timing Belt..

Deadset legend! Dad quoted me close to $700 cost price to him for all the timing belt parts, genuine from Mitsubishi.. I was thinking to myself surely they are cheaper elsewhere. Thanks a heap mate.
Sahin
HULK

Timing Belt..

Post by Sahin »

No worries mate. Yeah Mitsubishi is a rip off don't get stuff like that through them.
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Is everyone using these kits and are they good or are there better alternatives?
Carbon Polluter
Apprentice

Rob Furniss wrote:Is everyone using these kits and are they good or are there better alternatives?
I'd like to know the same thing
yotka
Mechanic

Post by yotka »

I got mine from Camskill.
http://www.camskill.co.uk/m3b0s9p37116/ ... X_and_GPvR

You need to get price excluding VAT from them.

Edit: I think most of us either use the kits, or just change the belts alone. However, the pulleys are pretty important. Before fitting the new ones in, my mechanic let me rolled the old and new ones.... big difference between them, and my car only had 140k Km on at that time.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

As long as they're genuine Koyo bearings and NOK seals, then they are exactly what you will get from Mitsubishi for a 1/4 the price. Mitsubishi will supply you with Koyo bearings and NOK seals, that's what they use and what's currently on your engine.

As for the Sun belt, don't know, but I'm pretty sure Gates & Dayco(?) also do kits.