ADZSKI'S FTO

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

adzski
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: ADZSKI'S FTO

Post by adzski »

@slippercream thats how i actually found out about candy thriugh that video. Was watching it back when i dipped my coil pack cover.

I really want to sand down the letters but i dont wanna just open a can of 2k clear just for that lol. I have a look around the cars see if anything needs a touch up so i can open a new can up
slippercream
Apprentice

Post by slippercream »

Well.. there's also high-heat vinyl. Personally not sure how well it would hold up in heat (3M is always your best bet... always). But colors for high heat vinyl - especially caliper wrap - are slim pickings.

They are highly reflective though. So, it may draw attention to your car at evening car events ;)
Bling bling, I guess?
06 Eclipse GT 5/MT AWD | 09 Eclipse GT 6/MT FWD | 18 Eclipse Cross SEL CVT S-AWC
94 FTO COTY 4/AT FWD | 14 Evo X MR 6/DCT S-AWC | 15 Evo X FE 5/MT S-AWC

getonit
Grease Monkey

Post by getonit »

adzski wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:50 pm I really want to sand down the letters but i dont wanna just open a can of 2k clear just for that lol. I have a look around the cars see if anything needs a touch up so i can open a new can up
If you keep it waxed you will find it should be ok. Even the odd polish will help.
Clear coating polished/sanded metal is pretty useless anyway unless using a DTM clear.
I did a similar job on some rims a while back. Painted inners and polished outer rims. Bloke gives them a wax whenever it gets washed, no issues.
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Thanks for the info guys.

My gasket set come in today so i ended up just putting them back on. Think while the intake manifold is off i will throw a set of new plugs in it so its fresh.

Took some pictures, not sure if i like it
slippercream
Apprentice

Post by slippercream »

You all have such clean engine bays! Jealous. Always. :)
I like it. Pops out where it needs to, yet is still so clean and subtle.

Still wondering if white lettering on both front spark plug and valve covers would look good. Or perhaps silver to match your body. That would give it the proper finish.
06 Eclipse GT 5/MT AWD | 09 Eclipse GT 6/MT FWD | 18 Eclipse Cross SEL CVT S-AWC

adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Yeah still thinking about doing it, but have been distracted by the S14.

Did abit more work today, got some black grill mesh and fitted to the front bar, it is barely noticeable which i like.

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Looking good man, bay and bar is coming together nicely. Been tempted to do the lettering on my GR cover as well.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Thanks BJ :)

Each time i tick something off the list looks abit cleaner.

I wanna do mine but ive never been good at lettering. I did my S14 rocker and looks nice from a glance but if u get right over the top looks abit average.
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

bjk wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:13 pm Looking good man, bay and bar is coming together nicely. Been tempted to do the lettering on my GR cover as well.
If you end up doing yours take some pictures
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Today was nice and warm so washed all the cars.
FTO came up nice once the sun hits it.
Think once it is back on the road i will do a paint correction and ceramic coat it.

adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Car has sat for a little while until the spark plugs i ordered came in.

Put a fresh set of plugs in while i was doing the rocker gaskets and put the intake manifold all back on.

Car is slowly coming together.

Will hopefully have it on the road in the new year once it is club reg eligible.
slippercream
Apprentice

Post by slippercream »

Looking good, man! :thumleft:

adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Havent touched the car for abit.

Did some small things this week.

Fitted a new shift (botched it lol)

Tested the EL Panel on my kickplates they all work.
Bought some rubber edging as the OEM one was long gone.

Tried to polish these up but they are scuffed pretty bad.
Will fit them shortly to the car and put the climate control back in.

Just need some new tyres now, add a muffler to the exhaust and get wheel allignment then ready for RWC.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Nice to gradually tick things off!

Was sad when the parts car I bought ages ago had those kickplates, but it ended up being only one lol