ADZSKI'S FTO

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bjk
Totes
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: ADZSKI'S FTO

Post by bjk »

As if you'd give the FTO the Rotas and not the Volks :P though certainly not a suitable size for one lol.

New exhaust bits should quiet it down a lot, especially if it didn't have a cat before. I took my muffler section off once for a laugh and it was godawful loud.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

I should fit them for laugh and take a photo 🤣
To be fair though they don't really even fit the s14 will require few degree of camber and guard work to fit, might get over fenders so police don't bother me and it fits properly.

Honestly I don't know how I ran the exhaust that way as a p-plater it's so loud and raspy, sounds like sh*t.

Have you.fitted your te37sl yet BJ? Keen to see the fitment.
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Did some more work on the car.

Fixed the backfiring issue, leads were not in correct order, and adjusted the toe as it was way off from when I changed the tie rods/rod ends.

Pulled the GPX calipers apart and started rebuilding them, hoping this will be a decent upgrade from the GR calipers as they are a single piston.

Gave the car a small service
.engine oil + filter
.gearbox oil
.new battery terminal

Last time I did the gearbox oil was in 2014, car didn't see that many kms though.

Still need to do radiator fluid, replace the battery and battery tray as this one is flogged out

Replaced the climate control unit as mine was flogged out.

Gave car a wash today and quick detail, once battery is replaced and I can move it into the garage will give it a paint correct and ceramic coating.

So other issues are rearing there head
(i.e roof rust and clear coat peel on CF spolier)

Ordered some gauges for the car. These are cheapo china specials of aliepress.

Opted for something more retro so it is not as "ricey"

aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Looks like some good work done and doing :thumright:
Bad news about roof rust.
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Cheers Aza. Yeah pretty dissapointed about the roof rust. Will get it fixed once it's back on the road.

Got around to flushing the coolant. Fluid was brown, but I think years back when I fitted extractors and removed radiator I just put water in when slapping it back together.

Rebuild kit for calipers have arrived.
So have cleaned them up and painted.

Before

After

Just need to throw the rebuild kit through them now.

Did some interior work, painted the door cards black. Hopefully it holds up as I didn't use a adhesion promoter.

Before

After

Fitted the rota grids to see how they look. Can't say I am a fan. Will try again to see if it grows on me. Colour seems to not suit the car.
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Done more work on the car.

Caliper rebuild kits came in and threw them through through calipers finally. Shout out to Vectose for his write up was really helpful.

Considering painting the calipers again as they got abit dirty/scuffed during rebuild.

The China el cheapo gauges came in, which I have fitted and wired up. Just waiting on the adapter so I can fit the sensors for oil temp and oil pressure. Vacumm gauge is in corner near the A-Pillar but no pictures unfortunately.

Had a go at doing some paint correction and applied a consumer level ceramic coating. Didn't take any before pics but this is after the second coat of the ceramic coating.

Managed to grab a battery of a mate which was helpful, just need new rotors and pads then ready for club reg and a nice drive.
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Did some more work on the car.

Brakes (Rotors and Pads) arrived

Was bit of a mess around with with brakes, the supplier sent the wrong brake pads for the dual piston caliper (i.e they sent brake pads for single piston) so took some time to get it sorted.

Lesson learnt when rebuilding calipers, definitely paint post rebuilding the calipers🤣🤣🤣 may need to touch them up with paint again in future.

Incorrect pads supplied

Completely flushed and bled the brakes, and also the clutch.

Picture of how the car is currently sitting
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Looking good man! Wouldn't worry too much about the caliper paint, they'll cop all the road grime and weather regardless haha