Edited :light weight flywheel

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

spetz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Edited :light weight flywheel

Post by spetz »

What are the chances that the engines lose their power?
I vividly remember driving a 6A12 converted Lancer and being impressed by it's power, and hitting rev limiter by accident, then driving the same car years later and no longer being impressed by it's power and it started lacking top end as well.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Re: 2nd dyno after Manual conversion

Post by Shane001 »

payaya wrote:The record on this forum is 125KW at the wheels I think so either Mitsu over quoted the power of the FTO or the engines loose their get up and go real quick.
Record for what? A stock engine? Modified NA will easily see over 125kw atw, and I believe 140 would be relatively easy to achieve (watch this space :lol: )

As for losing power over time, of course they do, often what's quoted at the factory is based on a blueprint engine also, so what rolls off the production line will have lost a few kw before you even start it.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Shane001 wrote:
payaya wrote:The record on this forum is 125KW at the wheels I think so either Mitsu over quoted the power of the FTO or the engines loose their get up and go real quick.
Record for what? A stock engine? Modified NA will easily see over 125kw atw, and I believe 140 would be relatively easy to achieve (watch this space :lol: )

As for losing power over time, of course they do, often what's quoted at the factory is based on a blueprint engine also, so what rolls off the production line will have lost a few kw before you even start it.
The highest I've seen on this forum is 125KW from AZA I think, and has been modified. I have not seen one person get 140KW at the wheels.
Akys
Manual Conversion

Post by Akys »

I am pretty sure Dwayne is running 133kw ATW and Aza's 137.2kw ATW
and sounds like Shane is trying to make his 140kw :twisted:
Last edited by Akys on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

...................................................................... Look down vvvvvvvvvvvv :D .

I could get over 140 if I wanted to no problem at all hehehehehe.
Just need to update the factory headers and engine pipes.
Akys
Manual Conversion

Post by Akys »

aza013 wrote:...................................................................... Look down vvvvvvvvvvvv :D .
corrected. BTW, I heard that when i car got tied down on a dyno the figure will drop. Anyone experienced that?
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

It's not the strapping down that drops numbers, it's temp/humidity of the day, the dyno itself and the person doing the test that can lower the outcome.
There are a number of things that can change the outcome of the run.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Actually the strapping down can alter the number, as can the tyres that you're running, as can the tyre pressures, as can the load value used, as can the environment calibration factor used, as can the.... u get the picture :D

And no I'm not aiming for 140kw atw, I'm aiming for 150 8)

whether I get anywhere near that though is another story lol
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

aza013 wrote:...................................................................... Look down vvvvvvvvvvvv :D .

I could get over 140 if I wanted to no problem at all hehehehehe.
Just need to update the factory headers and engine pipes.
Ah it use t be 125kw right? So 140kw isn't easy as Shane says as no one is there yet?
Sahin
HULK

Edited :light weight flywheel

Post by Sahin »

It's been over that for a while hasn't it? Valandis, Shane, dstocks and aza are over it aren't they?
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

payaya wrote:So 140kw isn't easy as Shane says as no one is there yet?
Just because no one's done it, doesn't mean it's not easy. Just that no one's put it all together yet.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Shane001 wrote:
payaya wrote:So 140kw isn't easy as Shane says as no one is there yet?
Just because no one's done it, doesn't mean it's not easy. Just that no one's put it all together yet.
This ^^^^^^^
I still need to change the factory headers and Y pipe to extractors, up the pipe to 2.5" and do a retune on it and I should be over 140.
Then I still have other things to do that can put me over 150. But it comes down to if I want to spend the money on this engine setup or change it out :? .
Akys
Manual Conversion

Post by Akys »

This ^^^^^^^
I still need to change the factory headers and Y pipe to extractors, up the pipe to 2.5" and do a retune on it and I should be over 140.
Then I still have other things to do that can put me over 150. But it comes down to if I want to spend the money on this engine setup or change it out :? .
Thats my prob, i've done y pipe and extractors,high flow and cat back,also pod and UAS pipe. but i only have 107KW atw. i think with haltech maybe 115kw if i am lucky. thats why i think its the engine. SOmething inside is not working properly. and ichiban dont have any 6A12 atm
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Also keep in mind that a dyno result is only half the story of a cars power.
Comes down to what it can put down on a track etc - dyno doesnt measure acceleration and handling etc
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Take any dyno figure you're given with a grain of salt. The purpose of a dyno is not to produce a figure, the purpose of a dyno is to assist with engine tuning.

The only way to compare power figures for different cars is either at the same dyno on the same day with the same settings, or at the drag strip with the same tyres, same driver and same track conditions.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Akys wrote:
This ^^^^^^^
Thats my prob, i've done y pipe and extractors,high flow and cat back,also pod and UAS pipe. but i only have 107KW atw. i think with haltech maybe 115kw if i am lucky. thats why i think its the engine. SOmething inside is not working properly. and ichiban dont have any 6A12 atm
I have also done engine work, port and polish and so on. a lot of $$$$ put into the car (very little of my $$$ :lol: )

and agree whith shane ^^^^^^^^ but its alway good to have a number as well :twisted: .
Akys
Manual Conversion

Post by Akys »

aza013 wrote:
Akys wrote:
This ^^^^^^^
I have also done engine work, port and polish and so on. a lot of $$$$ put into the car (very little of my $$$ :lol: )

and agree whith shane ^^^^^^^^ but its alway good to have a number as well :twisted: .
care to eleborate more bout the engine work? i know you did port and polish.
i am looking at lightening the flywheel now. what else can be done to make better acceleration?
lighter rims will i know maybe a set of evo wheels? :?
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Taz wrote:Also keep in mind that a dyno result is only half the story of a cars power.
Comes down to what it can put down on a track etc - dyno doesnt measure acceleration and handling etc
More importantly is a flat power and torque curve.
Akys
Manual Conversion

Post by Akys »

payaya wrote:
Taz wrote:Also keep in mind that a dyno result is only half the story of a cars power.
my dyno sheet didnt show that, prob will hit UAS or other tuner to get a dyno done. But prob after i get the flywheel done
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

payaya wrote:
A flat power curve would yield a slow car. A flat torque curve is what you want, and power goes up due to rpm