OFFICIAL REVIEW - FTO Melbourne Meet (9/11)

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

diehard
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by diehard »

i had a really good time yesterday ppl. cant wait for the next 1.

daryl
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

JagerMarty wrote:Great turnout indeed, I've never seen so many FTO's!
Good to put a few faces to names finally. Will def try and make the next one, should maybe have a BBQ next time. Well done Mikey.
There was no Police interferance, just a lot of rubbernecks as about 20 odd FTOs drove past the city to a photoshoot in Footscray 8O 8)
yeh... thank god there were no police intervention... did anybody witness the cops who drove past us along Sth Melb - he stuck his head outta the window (as he drove past) to look at the queue of 22 FTOs waiting at the lights, hahaha... then there were the cyclists who stopped pedalling to count the number of cars in the queue...

and then there are countless ppl on the streets and trams who seemed to be dazzled at the sight of 22 FTOs puttering along Sth Melb and Spencer St, LOL..!!

BTW, there will be a mega cruise to Bega to jon the ACT and NSW crew early next year (sorta like a weekend away trip) - stay tuned for more info on that one. In the meantime there will be more local gatherings coming up, details to follow soon!

edit: for those who would like to have their photos hosted, please email them either to myself or Steve (webmaster@ftoaustralia.com)
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

Post by JSP-INC »

Thanks to everyone that turned up.. It was an awesome site to see and meet some friendly fellow fto owners.

THe photos came out good, and i was thinking too much about layout when i was shooting!!!!!! Which proly isn't the best for poster but for the spread in the mag, should come out shweet...
Thanks to eric n Mikey for organising the event, along with everyone else that helped out...
Toni, was awesome to catch up with u at a non mccr event :)

U all rock...

Jun
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

What a fantastic turn out! I cant believe how many people showed up. Ive been to a few different cruises now, and you always get a few looks when you drive past people. But yesterday was crazy, I cant believe how many people looked at all our cars and said, "what the F***?" It was a great feeling and made me proud to own an FTO

I cant wait to do it again sometime soon . I think next time, we should have a BBQ and cruise somewhere nice. It was good to meet new people, and get some new ideas on what to do on our FTO's. (Scracy, I want those Tailights!!)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

edit: there will be a BBQ cruise planned next (when everyone has finished their exams) - stay tuned for details!
Last edited by GPXXX on Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

how about u go after mid jan ^_^
:P

Tim
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hey Kev, those pics are not working man... can't even hack into the bloody thing... :(

nice photos there Naomi - love your work! ;)

pics from my camera will be posted up soon - stay tuned ppls!

ps: i thought there'd be much more photos taken than what we've got so far???
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Ok, my pics are finally up...

some (in fact half) of them did not turn out very well so i picked some of the best shots possible to share with y'all...

http://www.pbase.com/mikey168/fto_meet_9-11-03

i'm hoping to take at least 5x more pictures than this on the next meet, so let's look forward to that one eh, hehehehe... ;)

edit: i can't keep track of everyone's names and their faces so maybe you could identify yourselves from the pics?? i know maybe half of you in that shot but yeah the more the better... hehehe...!! ;)
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Thanx Mikey for organising this meet. I was surprised by the large turnout. Got to meet a few people and see what they've done to their FTOs. Will definitely try to make it to more of these meets.

Also, thank you Mikey and Naomi for posting the pics. They've turned out pretty good.

Washing and polishing your FTO - $30 + labour
Meeting up at Albert Park - $0
The look on people's faces when both lanes of Spencer St are filled with FTOs - PRICELESS
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

:lol: wooooooohooo I just got my FTO club sticker will be on and ready for the day I'm excited only 4 more sleeps :wink: