FTO vs HOUSE vs WORK CAR

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kiz
SA Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO vs HOUSE vs WORK CAR

Post by kiz »

Once again I find myself congratulating Mitsubishi on the turning abilities found in the FTO. While cleaning my two cars today I decided to move them to the back lawn to wash them. This however involves a bit of a sharp corner to get it from the driveway, through the back patio onto the back lawn.

First up was my FTO, which made the turn in about a 2-point turn, nothing challenging for the FTO (of course :D)

About 30mins later was my work cars turn. Deciding it would be a bit more of a challenge I took it more carefully, got to about the 5-point turn part and almost through when my work car decided to scrap itself on the corner of my house.....

Anyways 3 hours of buffing later and a good clean, my work car still has scrap marks.... AND still needs to be driven to work... Not to mention also the damage to the side of my house, which funny enough also belongs to my boss :?

I think this goes for a point score of Mitsubishi cars 1 point to Ford cars -10 points.... Big bulky pieces of sh*t fords are haha
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Re: FTO vs HOUSE vs WORK CAR

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Hahahaha! I must agree with you there...Of all my cars, the FTO is the only one that's had the ability to do a complete U-turn on my street...The others just mount the footpath (i CBF doing a 3-point turn)
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Yeah, their turning circle isn't too bad considering they're FWD.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

kiz wrote:
About 30mins later was my work cars turn. Deciding it would be a bit more of a challenge I took it more carefully, got to about the 5-point turn part and almost through when I noobed it and proceeded to rape my car on the corner of my house.....
Fixed ;)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

sublime19 wrote:
kiz wrote:
About 30mins later was my work cars turn. Deciding it would be a bit more of a challenge I took it more carefully, got to about the 5-point turn part and almost through when I noobed it and proceeded to rape my car on the corner of my house.....
Fixed ;)
Exactly, you speak as if you were there haha
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

*taps nose*

What does ford stand for?
Found on rubbish dump

What does holden stand for?
Holes, oil leaks, dents and engine noises

What does FTO stand for?
f**king tightass owner ;)
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Did O'Reilly's the other day (Lamington National Park Road has nice set of narrow twisty roads).

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Ca ... ra=ls&z=12

Mrs was driving the FTO and she was surprised how well it handles around the corners. She could keep up with my bike through most part of the road as well :|
I have to add it here... 'Love that car' ;)
Connor_1994
Mechanic

Post by Connor_1994 »

How can u do a u-turn on your street in your fto?
At a set of light unless there is 2 lanes and no island on the other side i dont evan bother cause i know i wont make it,
also doesnt help its only about three inches off the grund,
But my fto definatly has a smaller turnibg circle than other damn car lol
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Man the FTO has a huge turning circle compared to most cars! Sorry but a Im guessing a falcon is your work car has a much smaller turning circle.

The reason the FTO is better in reverse is because of its shorter wheel base!!!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

payaya wrote:falcon
:lol:

Thats earned you a new avatar :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

LED ALL the things.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Bennoz wrote:

:thumleft:
Taz wrote:When funds allow
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Bennoz wrote:

sh*t I noticed the picture but didn't think anything of it! Must be in my blood.

But the thread op shouldnt say the FTO has a small turning circle as it doesn't. I've driven hundreds of different cars in my time and I cant recall many having a bigger turning circle.

Ive had an FTO a long time and noticed as soon as I got it, the turning circle sucks. I bet ya all have tried to do a uturn at a set of lights and not make it or trying to get around a court. A lot of people who drive me car are suprised it turns like a truck!

BUT the FTO even to this day gives steering feedback that puts most newer cars to shame these days, I can't really fault it in its class.

So Falcon steering beater the FTO isn't. I know in my court where I live if there is a car parked at the part you do the uturn I need to reverse in my FTO. Not a Falcon, Fiesta, Focus XR5, as I have driven them all.
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

payaya wrote:
Bennoz wrote:

sh*t I noticed the picture but didn't think anything of it! Must be in my blood.

But the thread op shouldnt say the FTO has a small turning circle as it doesn't. I've driven hundreds of different cars in my time and I cant recall many having a bigger turning circle.

Ive had an FTO a long time and noticed as soon as I got it, the turning circle sucks. I bet ya all have tried to do a uturn at a set of lights and not make it or trying to get around a court. A lot of people who drive me car are suprised it turns like a truck!

BUT the FTO even to this day gives steering feedback that puts most newer cars to shame these days, I can't really fault it in its class.

So Falcon steering beater the FTO isn't. I know in my court where I live if there is a car parked at the part you do the uturn I need to reverse in my FTO. Not a Falcon, Fiesta, Focus XR5, as I have driven them all.
All I heard was blah blah blah, Falcon...
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

bass_twitch wrote:
payaya wrote:
Bennoz wrote:

Same ey mate hahah

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

kiz wrote:
bass_twitch wrote:
payaya wrote:
Bennoz wrote:

Same ey mate hahah
Yup, me too :lol:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Bennoz wrote:
kiz wrote:
bass_twitch wrote:
payaya wrote:
Bennoz wrote:

Same ey mate hahah
Some major inception happening right here
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

sublime19 wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
kiz wrote:
bass_twitch wrote:
payaya wrote:
Bennoz wrote:

Same ey mate hahah
Some major inception happening right here
Where? :?: :lol:
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

sublime19 wrote:*taps nose*

What does ford stand for?
Found on rubbish dump

What does holden stand for?
Holes, oil leaks, dents and engine noises

What does FTO stand for?
f**king tightass owner ;)
Fix or repair daily.

Fucked on race day.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.