Just got my P's sh*t talk cut.

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kiz
SA Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Just got my P's sh*t talk cut.

Post by kiz »

aza013 wrote:Slow down there junior you just got your P's you don't want to have them taken off you.
Exactly, no good busting it straight away otherwise you'll be back to sitting on the sidelines without a license and possibly even without a car :?
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
sublime19
Sooty!

Re: Just got my P's

Post by sublime19 »

Lol, although a bit harsh, it's true. Strongly recommend not doing spirited driving right off the bat; Apart from that, congrats!
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Don't Lawso it.

Enjoy it first.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Astron_Boy wrote:Don't Lawso it.
Gold. Pure Gold.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
iPilot
Grease Monkey

Post by iPilot »

PHIL069 wrote:Cool, well done, now you can do some "spirited driving" @ 90km's
Yeah ... Thats what i meant :ugeek:
In all serious'ness though, I need to be inspired by some fto's.
I went on a cruise down to la perouse the other day with a few friends and these 2 civic type r EP3's came outta nowhere and were gone just as quick as i saw them ... Ever since then, ive been pretty demotivated with the fto and seriously been considering a trade in with a few G's on top & getting a integra dc2 type r ...
Its either an FTO or nothing!
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

iPilot wrote:I went on a cruise down to la perouse the other day with a few friends and these 2 civic type r EP3's came outta nowhere and were gone just as quick as i saw them ...
So, they acted like hoonda owners then...

The FTO is a quick car, so long as you know how to drive.

Having said that, you don't.

Want the best piece of advice ever?

Don't drive like a dickhead and and you'll enjoy the car!

I had people in Legnums wondering how the hell an old Magna sedan kept up with them in the twisties.
Open the bonnet to a stock engine with a red cam cover.
(Meanwhile it did have a race cam in there, lol)
But no matter how fast the car 'can' be, it's only as good as the driver.

*FYI to those reading, I'm not bragging, I'm no expert*
iPilot
Grease Monkey

Post by iPilot »

Lol thats a valid point.
But theres no way a fto could ever keep up with a type r.
I dont really drive like a dickhead though, try keep it as safe as possible for everyone in the car.
Ofcourse there are moments where i put my foot down just like anyone else but I wouldnt class myself as a bad driver.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

iPilot wrote:But theres no way a fto could ever keep up with a type r.
Don't give people an initiative to start that crap again. :roll:
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

iPilot wrote:Lol thats a valid point.
But theres no way a fto could ever keep up with a type r.
I dont really drive like a dickhead though, try keep it as safe as possible for everyone in the car.
Ofcourse there are moments where i put my foot down just like anyone else but I wouldnt class myself as a bad driver.
That's all well and good, but you literally just GOT your license.
Take it easy mate, FTOs are awesome quick and handle well - just give yourself time to learn.
PS. don't get a dc2r, the FTO is as quick as that, if you want to go integra, at least go for dc5r... less ages means less lost KW.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

It really is pointless having a car with 1000hp in a place where the maximum speed you can ever do is 60kph.

The only time you will ever utilise what potential a car can actually do LEGALLY is on a track where there is a greater safety factor for yourself and the other drivers around you.

And if you want to be a hero at the stop lights when they go green then buy a drag car and hit the 1/4 mile.

You can't use these cars properly, safely, legally on the road, so why bother wanting more power if you won't use it.

People like Bennoz, AJ, Aza, Shane etc etc actually do track events, so for them it's a completely different story.
In Bennoz case that is his car to drive him about as well as for the track, so it's a no brainer, in the end, he sacrifices fuel economy for the daily commute for power on the track.

I think everyone knows a story about what happens you race on the road, hell there's been people on here that have lost their licence doing stupid things, with one instance making news healines with a lovely picture of an FTO in it. (lol, moron)

In the end, just enjoy the car for what it is and don't get swept up in oooh your friends hoonda is faster, or wow that guys s13 just creamed me.

In the end, no-one cares, but they will when you're wrapped around a telegraph pole!
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

iPilot wrote:
I went on a cruise down to la perouse the other day with a few friends and these 2 civic type r EP3's came outta nowhere and were gone just as quick as i saw them ... Ever since then, ive been pretty demotivated with the fto and seriously been considering a trade in with a few G's on top & getting a integra dc2 type r ...
This is what I meant in another post about new drivers buying FTOs just as a affordable p plater friendly sports car without giving a sh*t about the car itself. Not even a week and you want to change cars because somebody hooned past you?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

Not in a straight line, take them both on a track and an fto will outcorner a type r
iPilot wrote:I dont really drive like a dickhead though, try keep it as safe as possible for everyone in the car.
What about the people outside the car???
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

lol, are you a lawyer?
Nice pick up :lol:
BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

:lol:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

BUZZ_QWERTY wrote:
Not in a straight line, take them both on a track and an fto will outcorner a type r
Mitsubishi state that the Version R was mitsubushi's response to the type r, and that it is a direct rival in terms of speed and handling....gg mitsubishi
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

sublime19 wrote:
iPilot wrote:
This is what I meant in another post about new drivers buying FTOs just as a affordable p plater friendly sports car without giving a sh*t about the car itself. Not even a week and you want to change cars because somebody hooned past you?
Agreed.
iPilot
Grease Monkey

Post by iPilot »

Looks like I've stirred up bait of a sh!tstorm here haha
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Ok, lets calm it all down now. I think we know where evryone is coming from and I dont think we need to go where this post is heading.

Congrats on the licence BTW
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Yep good job man. Come round to mine sometime this week/weekend :mrgreen:

But yeah, dont go too hard for a while. Just calm your farm, no need to turn into Mark Skaife right after getting your reds or is there?
    I fix cars.
    Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
    bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
    PHIL069
    Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Last edited by PHIL069 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
    Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol: