Is it time to move on?

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BUZZ_QWERTY
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Is it time to move on?

Post by BUZZ_QWERTY »

silverGPX wrote:Or a chaser?
:cheers: or an aristo... VIP
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

The Merc would never be a daily, it means too much to me to use everyday. Also it's not in Australia.

As for a Galant VR4, I was thinking about buying one to use as a daily car and keep the Lancer, but then it defeats the purpose of the Lancer.

The more I think of it, the more I am leaning towards keeping the Lancer. It is in mechanically like new condition, owned since new, no crash history, and to buy a car which who knows what it has been through, how many accidents, whether the kms are genuine etc does not seem logical.

Hopefully people don't point and laugh at me for driving a Lancer :(
Lawso
Penis Fingers

Post by Lawso »

spetz wrote:The Merc would never be a daily, it means too much to me to use everyday. Also it's not in Australia.

As for a Galant VR4, I was thinking about buying one to use as a daily car and keep the Lancer, but then it defeats the purpose of the Lancer.

The more I think of it, the more I am leaning towards keeping the Lancer. It is in mechanically like new condition, owned since new, no crash history, and to buy a car which who knows what it has been through, how many accidents, whether the kms are genuine etc does not seem logical.

Hopefully people don't point and laugh at me for driving a Lancer :(
if they do, hit the gas, and embarrass the hell out of them. or not worry because it's your baby and you love it...or something similar
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

If you can keep it as a second car, then hang onto it if you're still passionate about it.

There was a period where I thought got over my FTO and was gonna buy a 350z around 3 years back, because it was newer, faster and highly appealing to me, even had what I was gonna do to it and which kit I was going to import that can't be bought in aus etc.

Then I realised I loved my car too much to let it go, since I wanted an fto at the age of 13 and finally bought it when I was 21, so the love for it went far back.

If you're in a similar boat, f*ck what other people think. It's what you're attached to.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

I do have a passion for it, and do love it, and it won't be used as a daily as I will be buying something like a 2003 Verada for comfort.
But the biggest issue is that seeing as it's a weekend car, I think it doesn't fulfill one of the "weekend car requirements" and that is to feel good about being seeing getting out of it.

It doesn't seem like I have many options anyway because I wouldn't give it away for nothing, and it does not seem anyone would pay something I would be somewhat happy with for it.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

spetz wrote:I do have a passion for it, and do love it, and it won't be used as a daily as I will be buying something like a 2003 Verada for comfort.
But the biggest issue is that seeing as it's a weekend car, I think it doesn't fulfill one of the "weekend car requirements" and that is to feel good about being seeing getting out of it.

It doesn't seem like I have many options anyway because I wouldn't give it away for nothing, and it does not seem anyone would pay something I would be somewhat happy with for it.
I see, in this case, my recommendation would be to definitely sell it.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.