Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Daniel2019
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Love my tappets

Post by Daniel2019 »

Vectose wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:Seriously have no idea. Keep in mind im a complete amateur with almost everything relate to cars (although Im a flywheel expert)
It's called a feeler gauge.
Sounds dirty ;)
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Good on ya Daniel, now you have made the thread go to page#5 and no one will see my pics on page#4 ;)
Subliminal posting :cyclopsani:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Love my tappets

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Yes was the best day at dads house yesterday to bad we didn't get photos of the property and the view PHIL069 :lol
Anyway as PHIL069 said I had some of the engine apart started on it at 8:30 and really was that bad PHIL069 took some photos of the job at hand and we where on a mission (see previous page for pics) engine back together and started her up and I was loving life never not heard my engine before its always been noisy but now nothing all smiles on my end and I met a great and helpfully bloke (PHIL069) can't complain.
But I do have a problem atm not 100% sure what it is yet but I think I narrowed it down my engine light is on and it has something to do with mivec as it won't go into it hits the limiter at 6000 anyone have an idea I think it might me a lose wire somewhere
Cheers and thanks again PHIL069 was a great day.
Will post this in my members ride as well
gotta get there one day :)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

ZFL45H1 wrote:But I do have a problem atm not 100% sure what it is yet but I think I narrowed it down my engine light is on and it has something to do with mivec as it won't go into it hits the limiter at 6000Will post this in my members ride as well
Phil, Vectose, FTO_GPvR and myself can vouch for this advanced technique - just rev the sh*t out of it for like 15 minutes and it will fix it :troll:
I fix cars.
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Love my tappets

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Lol cheers ill try that on first start up tomorrow hahahahaha pluged it into the computer today and no error codes thinking plugs or leads tests tomorrow
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

ZFL45H1 wrote:to bad we didn't get photos of the property and the view PHIL069 :lol
Hey ZFL45H1 you had a go of the camera too, you could have turned around and took a pic of the awesome view we were working in front of :roll: :lol:
Daniel2019 wrote:Phil, Vectose, FTO_GPvR and myself can vouch for this advanced technique - just rev the sh*t out of it for like 15 minutes and it will wake everyone up and pump a sh*t load of smoke out of your engine bay :troll:
:lol:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Love my tappets

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Lol true I could have but I was more focused on the mission at hand :lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

ZFL45H1 wrote:Lol cheers ill try that on first start up tomorrow hahahahaha pluged it into the computer today and no error codes thinking plugs or leads tests tomorrow
Be sure to do it while the engine is cold!
I fix cars.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Daniel2019 wrote:
ZFL45H1 wrote:Lol cheers ill try that on first start up tomorrow hahahahaha pluged it into the computer today and no error codes thinking plugs or leads tests tomorrow
And don't stop until the entire car is engulfed by smoke. That's when you know it's fixed.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Vectose wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:
And don't stop until the entire car is engulfed by smoke. That's when you know it's fixed.
There should also be a bang, follow by a sort of "tssss" noise.
I fix cars.
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Love my tappets

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Lol so funny PHIL069 just told me the story as I'm with him now Image
And this just fixed my car cheers PHIL069
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Is that a MIIIIIVICCC CONTROLLAA?
I fix cars.
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

Daniel2019 wrote:Is that a MIIIIIVICCC CONTROLLAA?
Nope.
Don't think it is.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

bass_twitch wrote:
Nope.
Don't think it is.
Nope.
I don't think it is either :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

ZFL45H1 came around to my place this afternoon, he asked to borrow the tappet adjust tool as he wanted to double check my work 8O :? :roll:
I brang home works fancy new $12,000 G-SCAN workshop diagnostic computer and plugged it into his FTO and got a injector fault code.
I then ran a test on each injector, and #1 was not operating.
ZFL45H1s' dad, who also came over, reach in under the intake chamber and the plug was a bit loose, on further inspection one of the pins in the injector was bent down, it was straightened, the injector plugged back in, then I deleted the fault code, and :cheers: the engine fired on all cylinders.

You owe me one ZFL45H1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

(double posted :lol: )
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Love my tappets

Post by ZFL45H1 »

:lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

It's a $12,000 ECU scan tool........

ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Love my tappets

Post by ZFL45H1 »

I love that computer :)
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

can you post what it says after it connects? lol sorta left us high and dry i was like getting excited :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

The pics were taken when I first borrowed it from work and I attempted to connect to my FTO, but I have a problem with my communication plug/circuit, so that is as far as it would go. :(
When I borrowed it a second time and connected it to ZFL45H1s' FTO it connected successfully and found his codes/issues, but I didn't take pics when I diognosed his FTO as I was too busy trying to solve his issues. :facepalm2:
I will try to borrow it a third time, connect to ZFL45H1s' FTO again and take pics.
BTW it shows codes, fuel pressures, temps, revs, injection times, etc.........All live while engine is running :P