My second love ZFL45H

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: My second love ZFL45H

Post by PHIL069 »

Looking good 8)
It's good to have music but the MIVEC sounds good anyway, at least yours will after we do tappets tomorrow :lol:
I will be bringing my digital SLR camera, I can get some good pics of your install if you want :D
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

My second love ZFL45H

Post by ZFL45H1 »

That will be awesome yes please PHIL069 u will see it in person as well yay
gotta get there one day :)
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

My second love ZFL45H

Post by ZFL45H1 »

So I had the best day at dads house yesterday with PHIL069 to bad we didn't get photos of the property and the view PHIL069 :lol:
PHIL069 and i adjusted my tappets I already started pulling the engine apart at 8:30 and really was that bad PHIL069 took some photos of the job at hand and we where on a mission (pics PHIL069 took below) got the intake off rocket covers off and time for tappets dad ended up making the adjustment tool on the fly at the expense of one of PHIL069 tools we finished that and puter engine back together started her up and I was loving life never not heard my engine before its always been noisy but now nothing all smiles on my end and I met a great and helpfully bloke (PHIL069) can't complain.

But I do have a tiny problem atm not 100% sure what it is yet but I think I narrowed it down my engine light is on and it has something to do with mivec as it won't go into it hits the limiter at 6000 anyone have an idea would be michly appreciated I think it might me a lose wire somewhere

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by ZFL45H1 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yep, just check all the plugs on either side of that head you've been working on. One of them is the Mivec solenoid for that head, if its unplugged you wont find Mivec & the engine light will be on.
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

My second love ZFL45H

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Cheers bennoz I'll have a look later and see what happens
EDIT: did both heads :lol:
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

My second love ZFL45H

Post by ZFL45H1 »

So the latest is cylinder one injector was connected hahaha but was fixed ages ago so today I replaced a rear arm bush on both sides and two new rear wheel hubs installed and now I have nearly no humming which I'm so happy about now a brake upgrade soon can't wait anyway some pics
ImageImageImageImage
And yes all nuts and bolt where done up and tight lol
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Nice job........Do you have a press?
If yes........I know where to come when I need mine done ;)
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Great work!
PHIL069 wrote:Nice job........Do you have a press?
If yes........I know where to come when I need mine done ;)
Same here :lol:
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

My second love ZFL45H

Post by ZFL45H1 »

At my mates house yes that's what I used
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Next on the list is this front and rear bushes (ALL) but I have a question about the rear first. I pulled everything out in the rear of my wrecked Fto that had a bush (suspension wise) and took them to bowers in Newcastle who sent them off to a company in QLD to get a quote to replace all with polyurethane ones there are 12 all up like inners and outers of rear arms, dog bones and so on I got the quote back the other day to get all replaced installed and shipped back home for 950.
Now I was told these will last longer then the car it's self and they will be available to everyone from Bursons and other automotive stores after they have been completed and a part number stored
So after all said would this be a good idea if u where in my shoes with the following upgrades in a few years or less

Big brake upgrade
Front bushes will be getting replace with same type at the same time
New rims and tyres (semi slicks)
A full proper suspension setup
And in the distant future (but currently work out) 4g63 conversion starting with front drive only then when I'm rich :D all wheel drive
Cheers for input guys
I may have left something out any questions u will obviously ask :lol:
gotboost?
Approved FTO Australia Trader

Post by gotboost? »

LOVING what you've done with your FTO, dude. It definitely looks the goods - not too ricey, but enough to look like you've definitely spent some time on it!

Looking forward to future mods... :D
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

So if you fork out 950 for bushes now, they will then be available for a much cheaper price from all bursons to everyone else in the future?

Sounds like you need to raise a little funds to get this thing going, id be happy to donate $20 to know when my bushes are due (which is looking like soon) that i can walk into a bursons and get em fairly cheap. Im sure if a few other people were willing to chip in a few dollars it would be viable and help the club as a whole out a lot.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Taz wrote:So if you fork out 950 for bushes now, they will then be available for a much cheaper price from all bursons to everyone else in the future?

Sounds like you need to raise a little funds to get this thing going, id be happy to donate $20 to know when my bushes are due (which is looking like soon) that i can walk into a bursons and get em fairly cheap. Im sure if a few other people were willing to chip in a few dollars it would be viable and help the club as a whole out a lot.
@Gotboost cheers mate it's taking a long time after everything I have done but I'm happy ATM even more so when I get these bushes and new rims and tyres :D

@Taz to your first question that's what I was told that they would be available after I have done this
I would love to raise funds for it would be a massive help but wouldn't matter really as I have always wanted to help the club out in some way now I have a way to do so just getting the funds as I'm leaving for a cruise with my girlfriend on the 24th of September for our 5 year anniversary. Which is crazy when I think of it I'm only 21 :lol:
But anyway so I take it this is a good idea then and I should proceed
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

No-one here will argue with you :lol:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

I was hope for more of the big wigs to have a say as well but I see u talking about stuff just like they do :lol:
I'll try and sort it out soon I hope
Cheers Taz
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Do it... Next thing I'm doing is replacing most bushes
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Nice well I'll be ringing bowers up tomorrow and having a chat with them so everything should work out and I will have finally done something for the club yay :D
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Yay flash is donating his bush
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Not 950$ worth :lol: