Mikeey's FTO to teach the kids to drive a car

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mikeey01nzl
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Mikeey's FTO to teach the kids to drive a car

Post by mikeey01nzl »

Quiet as a mouse :D

Okay so 24 of these little buggers have just been replaced. Note the staining and sludge deposits.

All the oldies soaking.
I'm hopeing doing this might get rid of some of the crud so I can try and free them up and working again.

The crud I got off the underside of two rocker covers. Granted there is some old gasket in there too. Lack of regular oil changes anyone?

How important is car maintenance? I’m trying to point out is, well read on……

1. Running on water instead of coolant, resulted in corrosion over time and slowly blocking up the cooling system.
2. Lack of Gear box oil and regular oil changes more than likely contributed to, nah I reckon it buggered the gear box bearings.
3. Lack of regular engine oil changes has contributed to sludgeing up the engine. It certainly didn’t help the lifters.
4. Not changing or flushing the brake / clutch system. So far I’ve checked the clutch master and had to re-kit the slave. I bet I’m going to find all sorts of issues when I get around to doing the brakes.

How important is regular maintenance, second to beer…. Rant over, as you were.
Beer, it saved the world! I'll drink to that Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf3YvXM9j5o
mikeey01nzl
Apprentice

Post by mikeey01nzl »

Brake fluid needs to be flushed and changed as apart of regular normal maintenance and I knew I'd be getting around to the brakes at some stage so I picked up a 1 Litre pack of fluid when I re-kitted the clutch slave cylinder.

The following two pics are of what I got out of the system, I did it twice .....
- Twice because I wanted to make sure it ran clear.
- Out of the 1 litre pack there's about 200ml (approx 1/3) left.
- The container I used doesn't hold too much so I had to keep emptying it but you get the idea from the pics.

First complete system bleed.

Second complete system bleed.
Beer, it saved the world! I'll drink to that Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf3YvXM9j5o
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah that'll do it!