Kustoms KE70 build.

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Kustoms KE70 build.

Post by phi-tec »

Kustom wrote:I'll grab a heap of carpet. I can get it cheap... Won't need more then 2sq meters each boot. thats heaps..

I've got a staple gun with staples, happy to do it at DIY day for you guys.
fcuk yeah! , how cheap is cheap? haha, i and i was thinking of making amp walls on the side.. not sure yet (so il need a tiny bit of extra carpet... but at this point, i think ima just bolt amp to the boot floor thing make life more simple.. =.=
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
Sahin
HULK

Kustoms KE70 build.

Post by Sahin »

Cheers Stef
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

phi-tec wrote:
Kustom wrote:I'll grab a heap of carpet. I can get it cheap... Won't need more then 2sq meters each boot. thats heaps..

I've got a staple gun with staples, happy to do it at DIY day for you guys.
fcuk yeah! , how cheap is cheap? haha, i and i was thinking of making amp walls on the side.. not sure yet (so il need a tiny bit of extra carpet... but at this point, i think ima just bolt amp to the boot floor thing make life more simple.. =.=
I'll get enough.

Unsure how cheap. I have done some contracting work for carpet choice so at first i reckn they would be able to sort myself out for free.. probs grab some offcuts.

But cause now i'll grab 10sq meters they should do me a good price. I should be able to cover it though.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Sahin
HULK

Kustoms KE70 build.

Post by Sahin »

I'll chip in if need be
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Sahin wrote:I'll chip in if need be
Cheers,

Hoping they've got the stuff i'm chasing..
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

Kustom wrote:
Sahin wrote:I'll chip in if need be
Cheers,

Hoping they've got the stuff i'm chasing..
il chip in too of course :)
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Hey guys,

Didn't have much time after TAFE today cause it gets dark so freakn quick.

But, good news is i've got the back piece in which was the harder piece (around strut towers).

I really wanna get rego on it so I can drive around in it so thats my major priority atm.

I'm trying to source an AE71 pedal box but they are pretty hard to find these days and get snapped up pretty quickly cause they are the easiest fit for the KE70 (AE71 Is same model just facelifted basically but came with 1.6, hydraulic clutch etc etc) and the KE70 only has a cable clutch setup so I need one of those, master & slave...

Also while i'm doing this I'm trying to source a second dash to customize to get something a little more simple, hating on the box shape dash haha.

Also gotta clean up some of the wiring under the dash, fuses etc etc.
Last edited by Kustom on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Hey bro can you get underlay, removalists carpet?
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

lets do some sound deadening!
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

lol i was thinking of making my seats more comfier lol
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

silverGPX wrote:lol i was thinking of making my seats more comfier lol
FTO's and comfort are 2 words that don't mix :p
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Sahin
HULK

Kustoms KE70 build.

Post by Sahin »

I'm a Removalist Matt :facepalm:
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

Sahin wrote:I'm a Removalist Matt :facepalm:
youre going to refoam my seats btw
Sahin
HULK

Kustoms KE70 build.

Post by Sahin »

It's easy as lol
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

silverGPX wrote:Hey bro can you get underlay, removalists carpet?
Probably. But more i ask for more its gonna cost. If sahin can get some for free, he can get the underlay, i'll work on the carpet.

Forgot to post pics... will edit the post
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Sahin wrote:I'm a Removalist Matt :facepalm:
Oh yeahhhhhh

:lol:

doh
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Btw its not sitting flush there I need to make some supports so it doesn't rock side to side as its sitting on the tyre...
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Hey guys,

Quick little update.

First off, Today was my last day at TAFE... for the block I was doing :cheers: ! So sh*t doing 8-5! I feel for you suckers who have to do it everyday... I hate coming home to everything being shut... and in winter its dark and freezing by the time you get home!

This week i've been researching the swap over. I'm going to be going a full S13 swap. Seems to be the easiest way to fit an SR.. theres a few different ways, but this way I get the full suspension of an s13 and theres heaps of options of where I can go with it. Same with brakes. I want something to be able stop quickly. And theres heaps of options for this.

So I will be using the following:

s13 front coilovers

ae86 camber tops

s13 front brakes complete with hub arrangement (out of an SR S13(SR brakes are bigger than CA)

S13 LCA's.

AW11 rack ends (MR2)

pair of rack boots

Standard s13 tie rod ends

8 nissan mag wheel nuts (as wheel studs have different thread) :lol:

I wanted to get this done before I start the engine conversion.. but thinking about it now i'm probably better off just waiting and buying a full frontcut. Will work out cheaper.

Havn't made much progress this week. Been studying. Probably didn't need too because I got 100% in two exams, and in the end it only shows up a freakn J anyway :lol:
Oh well.

During the week sometime a new boot seal arrived & a interior dome light.
I want to buy my new guards for the flat front conversion but I wanna get the SR in aswell, I don't have the cash just sitting here so going to be a few weeks of more research and saving till I can afford a frontcut. Unless the RX8 sells very quick :P

Anyway. Here's a few more pics for you guys.

Is anyone in brisbane good with body work? I need to fix a bit of rust in the boot area, i will show some pics.
Looks like they've tried to just bog it up, but I want to weld in some new pieces and get it fixed properly.

If any could give me a hand with this that would be great. Ben... if only you lived in brisbane :lol:
Heres just some other photo's of my car (covered in sh*t too btw)

and heres the meshies I'm in the middle of sanding the dish & polish it up to make it all shiny :D. Will be good to have them fitted to the car. But I think i'm gonna need to run some bigger wheels when I fit bigger brakes.

Thanks for looking & sorry for anyone with sh*t internet has to load all the pictures.

Cheers,
Stef.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Hey guys,

Got a little bit done today while I had some free time in-between doing other crap.

First I wanted to make the last 2 boards for the boot so It's all ready for carpetting. Just made the two side pieces out of Masonite. (few marks on them, but going to be carpetted anyway).

Heres the results:

After I finished that I put on a hold down bracket for my battery cause it was hockey strapped in. This is only temporary because I plan to buy a smaller battery & move it to the boot soon.

I also re-alligned my bonnet hatch, as it was not fully holding down 100%. The latch was on but not the release part. Anyway, all fixed ! :cheers: Found out the bonnet is also missing two bolts! Sick...

Anyway, after that I went out and grabbed some rust converter, some paint & some clearcoat. The Rust converter is a sealer aswell.

I sanded down all the surface rust in the spare wheel well (forgot to get a beforehand photo), then sprayed it on. Takes 3 hours to dry so will paint it tomorrow.
After that I took out my rear lights and put a strip of adhesive sealing foam. (see pic).

Put them back on, and called it a day.

Cheers,

Stef
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Little bit of an update. Got some work done before futsal this arvo. (i'm so fucked now :lol: ).

I managed to spray paint the boot twice with subframe black (semi-gloss) came up great. Then gave it about 3 coats of Clear coat.

Heres how it started (after the rust converter & sealer dried).

Then here it is after I painted it. (either first or second coat of the black)

Then while I was waiting for it to dry I headed over to Choices (carpet choice) where I used to do some contracting work for & picked up some free leftover carpet :cheers: It's not automotive carpet, but hey its better than paying $40 for 2sq meters!! :D

Laid it out. Cut it to size and stapled to the back these are the results.

The big one has a bit of a bubble in it from where it was folded over on itself, but I'm fairly sure I'll be able to get it out.

Here it is installed.

Cheers,
Stef.