The Collaboration of all 4g63 Conversion Information

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

The Collaboration of all 4g63 Conversion Information

Post by Taz »

First off, i would like to state that this thread is not to be trashed with 'trolling', talking sh*t or any other posts not directly relevant and helpful to this thread - we have plenty of other topics that this is scattered across for that. Also please refrain from mundane comments as well, regardless of being positive or not.

OK, so this thread is intended to collaborate all knowledge on a 4g and awd/rwd conversion to help me and any other persons wanting to know or do this themselves.

So far, i have found that the evo 5 will be the closest possible match to converting most of the fto over, with a big help to Bennoz, for researching and finding out that the evo 5 brake system is basically a bolt on setup (which will indefinitely help to buy the half cut and pinch the brake setup off it as well)

Since my track car will not be needing the fuel tank i do not have any problems cutting a tunnel through the boot floor if need be, or to utilize the space this would otherwise free up, if this has to happen to fit the rear setup in - has anyone researched this? Having all of this information handy about what to use will not only save my fabrication man time but me money as well for not having to pay for humps in the road etc and so forth.

I have a few notes here that are very scattered and that a few people have said different things (whether or not they are both correct or one is in theory but not practical i dont know) but that is what this thread is intended for and will ultimately find out which is best.

Through my undoubtedly hard and arduous journey through this setup i will post here about what specific parts i have done, part numbers hopefully and with fingers crossed come out with this being a full guide on what parts exactly are needed and what processes are needed to change our beloved cars over into weapons for the cheapest possible price.

So please if you have the time and patience post up what research your findings so we may all stick our heads together and get up a guide of sorts

Cheers
Last edited by Taz on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Akys
Manual Conversion

Re: The Collaboration of all 4g63 Conversion Information

Post by Akys »

have you had a read on the UK FTO AWD spider thread. the pics there will help you imo
silverGPX
9.5"

Re: The Collaboration of all 4g63 Conversion Information

Post by silverGPX »

Your going to need a welder, angle grinder, assortment of panel beating hammers.

Also f**k AWD lol, just wack the engine in. Then do awd later.