Black GPX 1995 FTO FOR SALE.

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Chuckasaurus
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Black GPX 1995 FTO FOR SALE.

Post by Chuckasaurus »

Yeah, and i completely agree. its just, im not going to fly down, test drive, and decide its not what i want ( highly unlikely, considering the reports) the fly back unsuccessful. its a big fear of mine...
V-Tec went Braaa-boooom...
ObsidianRadio wrote:That motor looks hot. Can I have its number? ;)
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Is it not possible for someone from the club that you trust enough to go and have a look at the car properly and give you a lo-down of it before you drive it back up? If theyre mechanical minded (say phil, ben etc) then would it not be a better opinion than going down yourself not knowing how an fto should be?

Just a thought
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Chuckasaurus wrote:Yeah, and i completely agree. its just, im not going to fly down, test drive, and decide its not what i want ( highly unlikely, considering the reports) the fly back unsuccessful. its a big fear of mine...
I could do a preliminary check for you if King hit kiz was willing to bring it to mine, I am very picky with my cars, I knocked back about 10 FTO's when looking for my misses and ended up buying a 2.5l Opel Vectra.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Chuckasaurus
Grease Monkey

Post by Chuckasaurus »

Hmm. tis a good idea, ( ive never met any of the members in person though..) but im sure phil or ben know their shizm, will chat with the old man and see. 8)
V-Tec went Braaa-boooom...
ObsidianRadio wrote:That motor looks hot. Can I have its number? ;)
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Daniel2019 wrote:Rightly so. Shouldnt ever buy a car without looking at it - including a test drive.
This reminds me, I saw a FTO on Carsales a few days ago and in the description the guy wrote something like "I will be doing the driving as I don't want randoms driving the car.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Some of the FTO's I looked at from carsales had bad roof rust, the pics were photoshopped so you couldn't see the rust :x
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Vectose wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:Rightly so. Shouldnt ever buy a car without looking at it - including a test drive.
This reminds me, I saw a FTO on Carsales a few days ago and in the description the guy wrote something like "I will be doing the driving as I don't want randoms driving the car.
Saw that too. Said he didnt want randoms to flog it. In a way, fair enough, but if youre trying to sell a car.. not the brightest idea.

Chuck - Im happy to go look at the car over the next few days (provided its not too far away). I dont know an awful lot about mechanics, but I have inspected quite a few FTOs and kinda know how theyre meant to feel.

Phil knows more than me. If he could have a look thatd be better, but as I said im happy to go look at it for you.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Daniel2019 wrote:
Vectose wrote:
Saw that too. Said he didnt want randoms to flog it. In a way, fair enough, but if youre trying to sell a car.. not the brightest idea.
Found it: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... in,Max~0.5
Carsales ad wrote:PLEASE NOTE that i will be doing the driving as i do not want randoms testing the car, thank you.
Bennoz wrote:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Vectose wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:
Vectose wrote:
Found it: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... in,Max~0.5
Carsales ad wrote:PLEASE NOTE that i will be doing the driving as i do not want randoms testing the car, thank you.
Yep thats the one. Admittedly I wouldnt want anyone apart from family or club members that I know to be driving my car, but when trying to sell it, its not very wise to have nobody being allowed to test drive it..
I fix cars.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Actually if I was selling a performance car I wouldn't let anyone test drive it either. Passengers only.

If that's not acceptable to them then they're not serious just joy riders.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Shane001 wrote:Actually if I was selling a performance car I wouldn't let anyone test drive it either. Passengers only.

A street standard, most likely daily driver FTO isnt really a performance car. Your FTO is a performance car.. a daily driver isnt really :lol:
I fix cars.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Shane001 wrote:Actually if I was selling a performance car I wouldn't let anyone test drive it either. Passengers only.

I would understand if it were a modified vehicle where the owner has put thousands of dollars into it, or a car that has a high value.

But if someone doesn't want you test driving a car that's valued at less than 10K and is pretty much stock then it seems like they are trying to hide something.
Bennoz wrote:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Didn't anyone notice that he is advertising as a GPX but has no MIVEC 8O
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

PHIL069 wrote:
Didn't anyone notice that he is advertising as a GPX but has no MIVEC 8O
Theres been quite a few like that lately :scratch:
I fix cars.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Well there is also a point of, most insurers will not cover if the 'probable buyer' stacks my car. Because technically you are allowing a third party to take your car and go smash it.

I only allowed test ride on my bikes after they signed some paper works, gave me a copy of their license and kept the whole sale price as a deposit. That too if I got the vibe that this guy is genuinely interested in buying my bike and not go to the next alley and pop a mono and stack it.

If they are genuinely interested in buying the bike...now..they should have the money ready and be happy with those terms...
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

shadowarrior wrote:Well there is also a point of, most insurers will not cover if the 'probable buyer' stacks my car. Because technically you are allowing a third party to take your car and go smash it.

I only allowed test ride on my bikes after they signed some paper works, gave me a copy of their license and kept the whole sale price as a deposit. That too if I got the vibe that this guy is genuinely interested in buying my bike and not go to the next alley and pop a mono and stack it.

If they are genuinely interested in buying the bike...now..they should have the money ready and be happy with those terms...
True, bikes are a little different though. You obviously cant go with them.

When people test drive your car, just tell them that if anything happens then theyre at fault, they pay the purchase or repair price and grab a copy of their license.
I fix cars.
King hit kiz
Grease Monkey

Post by King hit kiz »

bump, price drop to 5000 ono
crosso
Grease Monkey

Post by crosso »

Just noticed on that carsales FTO -

Transmission 5 speed Manual

But..

Sahin
HULK

Black GPX 1995 FTO FOR SALE.

Post by Sahin »

Has a passenger side airbag
Thank god I don't have one of those they are ugly
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

crosso wrote:Just noticed on that carsales FTO -

Transmission 5 speed Manual

But..

You can manually shift between the 4 gears + reverse via tiptronic, so correct wordings there i would say :lol:

May be we should leave this thread alone and let king sell his car :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note via Tapatalk.