Dual Exhaust

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Vectose
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Dual Exhaust

Post by Vectose »

Im going to be getting a dual exhaust in a couple of months and wanted to know what would be the better design out of the following?

Single muffler with two outlets

Or something like this with twin mufflers

What are your thoughts?
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: Dual Exhaust

Post by Taz »

What is the main purpose of the exhaust? Looks/performance/functionality etc.
I think the easiest way to go is pipe up the left hand side as it wouldn't need to two bends like the stock pipes that go to the left, and then mock up the right hand side? Would cost less, look as if you've done both sides and be functional.
If you don't want that go for the one muffler, an na fto will have zero benefit from having two big pipes over one, especially if its pipes like the one above anyway. Just do a regular set up like the stock exhaust, and put the other side straight in on the side the pipe from the front enters. Easy and cost effective.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Dual Exhaust

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Im wanting to do the same thing and personally I'd rather twin mufflers and I think dstock's system is that to I'd ask him about it cause there isn't much room under the old Fto :lol: I just haven't got around to it yet so this will be good :)
gotta get there one day :)
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, I got a complete system with 2 triple flow mufflers, including high flow cat for $1100. Both exhausts are functional. I could be wrong, but I think the design of mine is better than the first one because it has less bends so flows better. The pipe follows the normal path until it passes the rear axle where it splits. One side continues straight through and the other side follows a fairly normal path to the drivers side. Here is a not very good picture. Hopefully if you look carefully youll get the idea though:

Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    ZFL45H1
    Oldtimer

Dual Exhaust

Post by ZFL45H1 »

That's sweet I can see that and is the from the extractors 1100
    gotta get there one day :)
    Vectose
    Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Yup that's pretty much what I had in mind. What is the brand and dimensions of your mufflers if you know them?
    Bennoz wrote:
    Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
    A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

That's sweet I can see that and is the from the extractors 1100
    Yes, including the magnatech high flow cat. That was a couple of years back now though.....
    Yup that's pretty much what I had in mind. What is the brand and dimensions of your mufflers if you know them?
    They never told me the brand. All I know is that they are triple flow mufflers. [Climbs out from under car] Not including the pipe, each muffler box is 35cm long x 25cm wide x 10cm high. Just as an aside, there is a huge amount of space under there between the mufflers and they are tucked right up high. Would make fitting something like a diffuser easy.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you