Playing with photoshop

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

crosso
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Playing with photoshop

Post by crosso »

Who said anything about an e? ;)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Dingas?! Where?! 8O
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Bennoz wrote:Dingas?! Where?! 8O
8) :roll:
Taz wrote:When funds allow
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

If you do go ahead with the colour change Dwayne, will you do the entire thing? like inside the engine bay etc
Personally I love your car in white but I did fall in love with that other blue FTO that was recently sprayed,
I think yours will look insane.
As much as id love to do the engine bay as well, I think it would just be too much work initially. If I need to pull the engine out, then maybe, but I think at this stage the bay will stay white.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    bjk
    Totes

Post by bjk »

dstocks wrote:
    If you do go ahead with the colour change Dwayne, will you do the entire thing? like inside the engine bay etc
    Personally I love your car in white but I did fall in love with that other blue FTO that was recently sprayed,
    As much as id love to do the engine bay as well, I think it would just be too much work initially. If I need to pull the engine out, then maybe, but I think at this stage the bay will stay white.
    Not as if people see that on a regular basis anyways, and advantage of it being white is that it won't clash as much as if it was red or something.
    POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
    Image Image Image Image
    Astron_Boy
    Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

bjk wrote:
    dstocks wrote:
    Not as if people see that on a regular basis anyways, and advantage of it being white is that it won't clash as much as if it was red or something.
    Well, ordinarily you'd be correct, but in Dwaynes case, the outside is as much a showcase as the engine bay.
    The white is a reasonably neutral color, so should be ok.
    But maybe in the future it turns blue also...
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Well, ordinarily you'd be correct, but in Dwaynes case, the outside is as much a showcase as the engine bay.
    The white is a reasonably neutral color, so should be ok.
    But maybe in the future it turns blue also...
    Yeah, thats pretty much what im thinking as well. The other thing is that there is already a lot of blue in the engine bay. Painting it blue as well will probably not only clash with the existing blue (as it will be a slightly different colour at best) as well as take away from the blue accents that I have now.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      SchumieFan
      Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

dstocks wrote:
      do you know the paintcode of the fenders? they looked very similar, in fact i thought they were the same shade
      No I dont have a colour code yet. Ive been told by different people it could be a Nissan colour, or maybe one of the EVO blue's. Then again it could be custom. Its really hard to compare to other cars in photos as well. In your avatar, the blue on your Lancer looks lighter than the blue of the guards, but then that may be a trick of the light. I guess the same goes for tippins FTO. I can sit here and speculate, but thats about as far as I can go.
      should take a paint nic and get it analysed, i agree, lighting changes everything with metallic paint cars
      Taz
      Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Would be be too time consuming to play around with the engine bay color in photoshop?

Btw its much much easier if you use the paint option with the tolerance set a bit higher and one click the whole car blue rather than sit there for 20min zooming in and out with a pencil etc. ;)
      Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!