Do track runs reduce aggression?

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bjk
Totes
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Do track runs reduce aggression?

Post by bjk »

Just wondering, for all those people who've done track times, do you feel it makes you less likely to thump the accelerator the rest of the time you drive?
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Bennoz
National President

Re: Do track runs reduce aggression?

Post by Bennoz »

Nope :cheers:

:lol: I'm kidding. I find it does. Especially when douchebags wanna try you off at sets of lights. I tell them to meet me at the track to settle it like real men.

And on a track day, after doing 50 odd laps, you're absolutely wankered... dehydrated & the last thing you feel like doing is driving home like a dick.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

100% agree ^^^^^^^ .
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

I noticed I drive more sedately after a go karts session.
Never driven a car on a track so that's the closest thing for me
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Works differently for different people.
Friend of mine is equally as aggressive on the road as he is on the track.
I refuse to be passenger with him and tell him he's an idiot, but the message doesn't sink in.

I don't find the point of racing on the road, too many obstacles and wastes petrol.
Plus, the Merc can barely move it's own weight below 60k.

Driving the FTO, or any other car with a bit of power is a different story, hence why I bought the Merc to stop myself from getting the urge.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

No one likes cold nuts :lol:
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Good thing I posted this in the gibberish corner. :lol:

My closest track is like an hour away though. And I can see myself getting lapped constantly with my 93kw of manliness. :( but 'tis food for thought.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Bennoz wrote:I find it does. Especially when douchebags wanna try you off at sets of lights. I tell them to meet me at the track to settle it like real men.
And on a track day, after doing 50 odd laps, you're absolutely wankered... dehydrated & the last thing you feel like doing is driving home like a dick.
Bennoz Re: Putty Road run - tomorrow! wrote:Its the first time I've done the run, hard, since I had the motor transplant. I really had my hands full trying to weight & settle the car when corner switching left to right (and vice versa) so quickly. I could really feel the extra weight up front & had to compensate (time) much further in advance than usual. We had to stop half a dozen times while I adjusted the Teins, trying to find a good setting. Add to that the thumb snapping torque steer & balding rear tyres that were trying to beat the front round the corners, I was exhausted & dehydrated by days end!
:roll: :lol:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

What, you mean putty road isn't a race track?

When the fudge did that change? :lol:
Thing is though, you really would need to quote him in entirety.

He makes mention of the corners and easy curves that are marked with a 80-100k limit.
Most people barely do 60 around those.

Those are the stretches that give you a work out.
I had so much fun with those in the old sedan back some years ago.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Astron_Boy wrote:Thing is though, you really would need to quote him in entirety.
He makes mention of the corners and easy curves that are marked with a 80-100k limit.
Most people barely do 60 around those.
Spoil Sport :(
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I once drove at 62kms an hour in a 60km an hour zone and every body died.
LED ALL the things.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Supplanter wrote:I once drove at 62kms an hour in a 60km an hour zone and every body died.
Come on now Suppy.
We can't condone that sort of behaviour.
*everybody
:lol:

Seriously though. You can drive at 5kms an hour and still cause damage, the message that speed kills is pointless.
Stupidity kills, nothing more.

Had this whole thread on the Merc forums a while ago about the resident German who topped out at I think 289kms/h on the Autobahn in his new E63 AMG.
By our standards, he should have died like 50 times over... :roll:
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Astron_Boy wrote:
Supplanter wrote:I once drove at 62kms an hour in a 60km an hour zone and every body died.
Come on now Suppy.
We can't condone that sort of behaviour.
*everybody
:lol:

Seriously though. You can drive at 5kms an hour and still cause damage, the message that speed kills is pointless.
Stupidity kills, nothing more.

Had this whole thread on the Merc forums a while ago about the resident German who topped out at I think 289kms/h on the Autobahn in his new E63 AMG.
By our standards, he should have died like 50 times over... :roll:
I was reading a forum someone where somebody said they still make cars so preposterously fast because the Autobahn exists. Although people had some interesting ideas about the whole power issue.

one of them said that if you limited a cars top speed capacity to only like 110kph it would arguably be less safe because it couldn't do othe things safely like overtaking. But high end cars have electronically limited speeds, so I don't see why it couldn't work the same, keeping the power and acceleration up to that point (or like 130-140kph). wouldn't help in the 'burbs though.