Re: Do track runs reduce aggression? - Off topic talk

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Daniel2019
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Do track runs reduce aggression?

Post by Daniel2019 »

PHIL069 wrote:I was sure I had 12 points not 8 :?
I thought it was 4 on reds, 6 on greens and 8 on fulls :scratch:

Youre probably correct :lol:

EDIT: Checked rta website, 4 for reds and 7 for greens.. couldnt find full license, so I think you might be right Phil :D
Last edited by Daniel2019 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I was wrong, quote from RTA....
On 31 January 2011, the demerit points threshold for unrestricted licence holders in NSW increased from 12 to 13 points.

Edit: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/usingroads/pe ... index.html
Accumulating points
A driver who has not committed any offences has zero points. When an offence that carries demerit points is committed, the points are added to the licence holder’s driving record. If the licence holder incurs the threshold number of demerit points within a three-year period, a licence suspension or refusal is applied. The thresholds are as follows:
•Unrestricted licence – 13 points.
•Professional drivers – 14 points (from 31 January 2011). See Changes to the demerit points scheme introduced on 31 January 2011 for more information.
•Provisional P2 licence – 7 points.
•Provisional P1 licence – 4 points.
•Learner licence – 4 points (from 28 September 2009).
•Unrestricted licence with a good behaviour period – 2 points within the term of the good behaviour period.
Last edited by PHIL069 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Learning! :cheers:
I fix cars.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I did a Demerit points report
You currently hold the following licence class(es):

Class MR Unrestricted
Class R Unrestricted

You have a total of 0 demerit point(s) on your licence.

Both licence classes will be suspended if your total demerit points reach or exceed 13.

For general information about demerit points please visit the RTA website.

Thank you for using myRecords. At the RTA we are always looking to improve the service we offer to customers. You can help us by completing our short survey.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

f**k in QLD both our P PLates (red and green) are on 4 points (but they come back each year)

And our opens we are on 12 and they return every 3 (or 2?).
Taz wrote:When funds allow
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

Daniel2019 wrote: You only notice the wanker hoons on Ps because, well, theyre doing crap that makes them stand out. It would be very interesting to see some stats on percentages of P platers vs Full license holders who get done for speeding/reckless driving, etc. Maybe Im wrong and you could very well be correct, it just seems that people seem to notice all the dickhead P platers, but not the ones driving properly. Cops hate P platers, too.. its a fact of life :lol: You dont look at a full license holder (maybe you do, but I dont :lol:) who is speeding and go what a hoon! You say gee, he must be in a hurry. But if its a P plater - immediately; Reckless little bastard! Hes gonna kill someone! (<-- I think the same thing) Given, experience is a factor too.

Full license holders also face less severe penalties than P platers down here in NSW. i.e. ANY speeding offence is a loss of license for a P plater (we have 4 points but speeding = minimum 3 months license suspension, even if its within 5-10km of the speed limit) while a full license holder can cop as little as a single demerit point loss, out of their 8 maximum points. So the risk is much much lower for a full license holder in terms of breaking the law when compared to a P plater (such as myself - I basically refuse to speed as some of the NSW boys know from our cruises :lol:)

As for elderly people, it may not necessarily be simply "age" affecting driving. Things like vision affect it mostly. Although, age does contribute to these so I guess it kinda does contribute to accidents too so youre kinda correct with that in a way. It depends on the person, and their physical and mental capabilities and condition.
Yep! Statistics are proven facts.
Laws and penalties are based on generalization of the stats' results to achieve maximum effectiveness.

No one can deny that majority involved in fatal crashes due to speeding are from sub-21s youngster group.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

phunkydude wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote: You only notice the wanker hoons on Ps because, well, theyre doing crap that makes them stand out. It would be very interesting to see some stats on percentages of P platers vs Full license holders who get done for speeding/reckless driving, etc. Maybe Im wrong and you could very well be correct, it just seems that people seem to notice all the dickhead P platers, but not the ones driving properly. Cops hate P platers, too.. its a fact of life :lol: You dont look at a full license holder (maybe you do, but I dont :lol:) who is speeding and go what a hoon! You say gee, he must be in a hurry. But if its a P plater - immediately; Reckless little bastard! Hes gonna kill someone! (<-- I think the same thing) Given, experience is a factor too.

Full license holders also face less severe penalties than P platers down here in NSW. i.e. ANY speeding offence is a loss of license for a P plater (we have 4 points but speeding = minimum 3 months license suspension, even if its within 5-10km of the speed limit) while a full license holder can cop as little as a single demerit point loss, out of their 8 maximum points. So the risk is much much lower for a full license holder in terms of breaking the law when compared to a P plater (such as myself - I basically refuse to speed as some of the NSW boys know from our cruises :lol:)

As for elderly people, it may not necessarily be simply "age" affecting driving. Things like vision affect it mostly. Although, age does contribute to these so I guess it kinda does contribute to accidents too so youre kinda correct with that in a way. It depends on the person, and their physical and mental capabilities and condition.
Yep! Statistics are proven facts.
Laws and penalties are based on generalization of the stats' results to achieve maximum effectiveness.

No one can deny that majority involved in fatal crashes due to speeding are from sub-21s youngster group.
Id be interested in seeing some proper statistics on this. Although its hard to determine some things. For example, if a P plater crashes, is it because theyre inexperienced? Vehicle fault? Because they were "hooning"? Someone elses fault? etc. Is there a definite way to classify these?

Obviously if its like 50% of fatal crashes involve P platers then theres an issue, but what causes these crashes? Lack of driver knowledge because of inexperience, or were they simply being reckless because theyre young and stupid?

Also; this is kinda getting off topic; see here http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26380 to continue this convo. I feel bad for hijacking this thread :lol:
I fix cars.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Was getting off topic in the other thread, we kinda hijacked it :lol:

Continue here!
I fix cars.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

aza013 wrote:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

PHIL069 wrote:
aza013 wrote:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:lol:
:facepalm2:

But we derailed the other thread!
I fix cars.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Bwebib!
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

Daniel2019 wrote: Id be interested in seeing some proper statistics on this. Although its hard to determine some things. For example, if a P plater crashes, is it because theyre inexperienced? Vehicle fault? Because they were "hooning"? Someone elses fault? etc. Is there a definite way to classify these?

Obviously if its like 50% of fatal crashes involve P platers then theres an issue, but what causes these crashes? Lack of driver knowledge because of inexperience, or were they simply being reckless because theyre young and stupid?

Also; this is kinda getting off topic; see here http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26380 to continue this convo. I feel bad for hijacking this thread :lol:
Found an extraction of research report that pretty much answers your question.
http://www.aifs.gov.au/institute/pubs/r ... uction.pdf

And if you bother to read the whole report here,
http://www.aifs.gov.au/institute/pubs/r ... port12.pdf

_

Stats database here, (with options to manipulate variables-age group, etc.)
http://www.bitre.gov.au/statistics/safe ... abase.aspx
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

There's a large tree just round the corner from my house that's been ring barked thanks to a P plater. My step son!

Fkn dickhead: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25080&p=294993&hilit=mx5#p294993

The stats don't lie!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Daniel2019 wrote:Was getting off topic in the other thread, we kinda hijacked it :lol:

Continue here!
Deadset, you suck at computers :lol:

Let me cut & merge the threads :lol:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

:facepalm:
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Bennoz wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:Was getting off topic in the other thread, we kinda hijacked it :lol:

Continue here!
Deadset, you suck at computers :lol:

Let me cut & merge the threads :lol:
I only did it to try and save you from having to do it :lol:

I fix cars.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

phunkydude wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote: Id be interested in seeing some proper statistics on this. Although its hard to determine some things. For example, if a P plater crashes, is it because theyre inexperienced? Vehicle fault? Because they were "hooning"? Someone elses fault? etc. Is there a definite way to classify these?

Found an extraction of research report that pretty much answers your question.
http://www.aifs.gov.au/institute/pubs/r ... uction.pdf

And if you bother to read the whole report here,
http://www.aifs.gov.au/institute/pubs/r ... port12.pdf

_

Stats database here, (with options to manipulate variables-age group, etc.)
http://www.bitre.gov.au/statistics/safe ... abase.aspx
There we go, then. Hey Taz you were right :mrgreen:

God damn P platers!
I fix cars.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

My tl;dr sense triggered before I even read the reports, but I've been looking at similar stuff recently anyways. A few things to to with video game driving and real world, thrill seeking, stress, aggression and stuff.

I wonder, given that there is a steady decline in deaths after getting ones p-plates, whether at some stage they'll just max out the independent driving age to like 25 or something.