Steering wheel quick release

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Steering wheel quick release

Post by Taz »

Yea, just trying to get away with a few dollars i guess if i can, but you make a good point, something like this wouldnt just be a case of a brand costing that extra 50-100 dollars.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I think that you will find it hard to cut costs with a race car. Anything you buy cheap will just let you down when you need it most.........one lap to go and in the lead.
When you cut costs with a street car you might brake down and be stuck on the side of the road, fixing it or waiting for a tow truck....no real biggy.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Luckily there is not much really i need to purchase compared to say swapping out a complete car.
I might be getting trade prices very soon hopefully and will be able to put all the bolt u stuff in myself (which is looking like most of the front running gear minus box and engine) and once the diff is in the rear running gear, just the rear diff, engine and box are needed to be custom it seems.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

just asking...

wtf u need a quick release wheel anyway? its an FTO not a formula ford?!
unless u mahoosive fat caaaaaaant
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

because i dont want to take the whole wheel off everytime i exit the car? Between a racing seat half the door being barred off by a roll cage and a wheel in your face theres not that much room to get out of a car...