FINALLY! New career awaits

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: FINALLY! New career awaits

Post by Taz »

phunkydude wrote:^another 10hrs working on phi's :cheeky:
EFA as this is QLD.

Hmmm phi is the lawso of QLD? nah i cant insult phi like that lmfao
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Taz wrote:Guess the only thing left to do (this one is aimed at you Ben) is to take tabs on how long it will take me to get sick of this sh*t and go do a white collar job earning more.
Buy the business, be the baws!
phunkydude wrote:^another 10hrs working on lawso's :cheeky:
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Bennoz wrote:
"Lady, he's putting my kids through college"
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

SchumieFan wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
"Lady, he's putting my kids through college"

:cheeky:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Sooooo got fired today.

Turns out when i was asked to check tyre pressures on a van yesterday i missed the spare tucked under the rear of the car. (wasnt flat, or needed air, but i didnt check it as i didnt think about it or whatever it was at the time) and when i was asked if i did it i replied yea, tyres are good etc.
Im assuming he then told the boss as when i went into the office at the end of today started getting the talk.
So now Im a liar, i cant do my job properly and i cant be trusted to do anything there.

I now know why they go through apprentices every week or two (didnt believe it at first, but now i know - last guy was apparently fired for leaving a few finger prints on a fender, and the customer complained)

Was treated like sh*t there anyway, zero respect apart from one guy who actually taught me things as i did them, explained sh*t etc. But yea, doubt ill get another apprenticeship anytime soon as im too expensive - will just have to play the waiting game i guess :?

Still cant believe this sh*t but im just not good enough for a guy who has only been there a week. Changed the rear rotors, brakes and caliper carrier in 35min on a $90k mercedes today but thats just not good enough.
Also got blasted yesterday for touching the counter in the office with my apparent dirty/greasy clothes n hands etc (load of sh*t but eh). When i was waiting to be fired i saw another guy there do it who actually did have dirty hands and left a small bit of sh*t on the counter - not a word spoken or looked at etc. Is it just me or does this kind of sh*t seem unfair? I know im an apprentice and have to earn respect yada yada yada but doesnt this seem a bit over the top?

Guess it was too good to be true, no way am i that lucky.
Back to aldi i go...
But first, to the fridge to get some johnny - got 3/4 of a bottle to get through now.

/end rant
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

So what your saying is their training is above reproach. Good times.

No one needs that stress, keep looking.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

In their eyes, imagine if the customer got a flat on the way home and went to put his spare on... and it was flat. They could potentially lose business for it.

Having said that, to put it short, yes that is pretty bullshit.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

That sux Taz, sounds like they are c*nts to work for. I know you are only an apprentice but you still deserve some respect. Apprentices are meant to make mistakes, that's why they have apprenticeships. So you can learn under guidence of qualified mechanics, not qualified dickheads.
There goes our FTO workshop :roll:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Man that sucks :(
sorry to hear mate, they sound like a pain to work for anyway :oops:
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Bennoz wrote:So what your saying is their training is above reproach. Good times.

Yea ive been stressing the past week or so, hoping if i work my ass off and sh*t id get a little more respect - or when they apparently get me doing services n sh*t on my own i wouldnt have to take half of the crap.

But yea, sorta glad i dont have to worry about that anymore - just really odd.
He managed to turn missing a spare tyre into him losing a several hundred thousand dollar contract and all this other sh*t. Every time he blew a scenario out of proportion, he would anger himself cause he has realised something else can go wrong etc.

What if the guy who had the van blew a tyre? And the spare wasnt pumped, so he was stuck on the side of the road - that could of been a big biss going to an important meeting, who then cant do his job so he loses a contract of his which (i could continue but yea, you get the point) Apparently businesses go out of business because of sh*t like this.
One more funny one was today at lunch, after i got my lunch out of the microwave, i spied another guys lunch waiting in line to use the microwave - so i thought id throw it in for him to save him waiting etc. BIG mistake, heard the word f**k at least every 2 seconds, which ranged from how dare i touch somebody elses food to insulting my personal hygiene etc. Guess i hit a sore spot?

Ah well, sh*t happens for a reason i guess
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Honestly they seem like real assholes. Youre better off elsewhere. f**k working in an environment like that.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Yea cheers guys. Probably would of pulled the plug in a few months if nothing changed. Been gritting my teeth the last week hoping sh*t would change, been the nicest c**t to everbody and still get shat on, blamed for sh*t i had nothing to do with etc.
Yesterday the boss asked me to make a grounding wire for a yacht bracket. Long story short, i ended up getting the help of the (one good guy there i talked about) who has over 20 years of experience wiring any and everything. He did not at all like what i was asked to do as it was real shotty, but it was done, and after getting materials for it (that they were lucky that i had a spare terminal big enough in my box) it still wasnt good enough. Im sorry but if 20 years of experience wasnt good enough, i would of botched it pretty good.
Would of gotten blamed for it anyway, as another guy was also interested in what was asked for me, tested it with a voltometer and said it wasnt going to do what he wanted anyway. That would of come back on me probably.

REALLY deters me from working in a big shop like that again - if i get another one ill look for a one on one deal or something similar.

/end rant

EDIT: i was hoping to just girt my teeth for a year or so as its the hardest to try and find a first year with my pay packet daniel, but yea it wouldnt of been pleasant me thinks. Would of eventually gotten fired for something stupid like that anyway.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Bennoz wrote:So what your saying is their training is above reproach. Good times.

Yea, i just still cant believe it, a fresh first year is well, a fresh first year. Meant to have next to no tools, no experience nothing.

The first day i was fitting and balancing tyres by myself.
After the first few days i was changing gaskets, filters, control arms etc, today i changed rear rotors pads and carrier in the same time as what any of their mechanics would, on my own with the guy coming back amazed i did it all without being asked or expected to know how.

But all this pales to the fact i cant check a spare tyre for pressure, it proves im incompetant and cant be trusted....

Now im getting glad i dont work there any more...
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Fuckn lol about the lunch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

With our apprentices, I work with them to see how competent they are then when I find they can do work by themselves I f**k off and give them the responsibility. I guess they jut skipped the first step

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Kustom wrote:Fuckn lol about the lunch
I know right. I thought i was doing a favor for someone, you know being a 'nice c**t'

Least all the money ive wasted on tools this last week wont be completely wasted, although i wont get the $100 in shirts i bought and other little things back really.
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Taz, THAT f**king SUCKS.

Apprentices are supposed to be treated with utmost respect and are supposed to be GUIDED through their EDUCATION. What a crock of sh*t, I hope they lose business. Businesses operating like that should not be allowed the privilege of trade.

Cock juggling thunderpoofters.
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
Lawso
Penis Fingers

Post by Lawso »

ObsidianRadio wrote:Cock juggling thunderpoofters.
lawso "likes" this
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:lol:
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

lawso wrote:
ObsidianRadio wrote:Cock