Hey Guys, New Here!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Hey Guys, New Here!

Post by dstocks »

I asked them if I could change the engine in my galant. "No problems" I was told, "Just give us the new engine number". So I changed it having discussed the details with them and being given the go ahead. I should also say that at the time this was a completely legal conversion. When I rang them back, they asked which model galant it was. I told them it was a GD. They then told me that I could only do the conversion to a GC galant. I replied that the only difference between a GC and a GD was the grille. Pregnant pause and then I was told I would have to bring it in for an inspection. So the inspector comes out and tells me the brake booster is too small. After I tell him the car does not normally come with a brake booster and the one fitted was off the same car the engine came out of, he says that the tyres were too thin for the new engine. So I pull the receipt out of my pocket for the new rims and tyres I had bought but hadnt had the chance to pick up and was then told that my brake lines were untidy. That was the last straw for me. Told him he was making excuses, had no idea what he was talking about and to shove it up his arse I would take my business elsewhere. So, theyll never get my business again. [end rant]

Sorry to go off topic like that. Hope you find the FTO you are looking for and get an insurance premium that is bearable.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

dstocks wrote:I asked them if I could change the engine in my galant. "No problems" I was told, "Just give us the new engine number". So I changed it having discussed the details with them and being given the go ahead. I should also say that at the time this was a completely legal conversion. When I rang them back, they asked which model galant it was. I told them it was a GD. They then told me that I could only do the conversion to a GC galant. I replied that the only difference between a GC and a GD was the grille. Pregnant pause and then I was told I would have to bring it in for an inspection. So the inspector comes out and tells me the brake booster is too small. After I tell him the car does not normally come with a brake booster and the one fitted was off the same car the engine came out of, he says that the tyres were too thin for the new engine. So I pull the receipt out of my pocket for the new rims and tyres I had bought but hadnt had the chance to pick up and was then told that my brake lines were untidy. That was the last straw for me. Told him to he was making excuses, had no idea what he was doing and to shove it up his arse I would take my business elsewhere. So, theyll never get my business again. [end rant]

Sorry to go off topic like that. Hope you find the FTO you are looking for and get an insurance premium that is bearable.
    Kinda on topic (ish). Interesting read, too.

I personally have had no issues with NRMA and their policy for unlisted drivers is sensible. Having said that, I have done nothing like that :lol:
    I fix cars.
    Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
    bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

You would have thought he could have come up with a better excuse than untidy brake lines. Sort of insults your intelligence when you get fed a line like that. Worst part is they expect you to wear it as they are a so called expert. Wouldnt know one end of the car from the other half the time. I swear its the longest grudge ive held on to.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Daniel2019
      Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

dstocks wrote:You would have thought he could have come up with a better excuse than untidy brake lines. Sort of insults your intelligence when you get fed a line like that. Worst part is they expect you to wear it as they are a so called expert. Wouldnt know one end of the car from the other half the time. I swear its the longest grudge ive held on to.
      Yeah, very rarely have I ever seen even a slightly agitated post or comment from you, so that one really must have been a bad experience.

Understandable on your part, dont blame you for holding that grudge at all. Going to all the effort and doing things properly, only to be given excuses like that. After reading this, I think it might be best if I explored other insurance options for this project in the next couple of months.
      I fix cars.
      FTObrah

Post by FTObrah »

Forgot about this post!

Great to see you guys have built a little convo here, however ;)

Now when you say unlisted driver, does that basically mean it is registered and insured under another person, say my mum for instance, and I am not listed on the policy at all?

So if a crash does take place, am I covered if I am driving the car?

Now, NRMA or Shannons or Lumley?
      Daniel2019
      Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

FTObrah wrote:Forgot about this post!

Great to see you guys have built a little convo here, however ;)

Now when you say unlisted driver, does that basically mean it is registered and insured under another person, say my mum for instance, and I am not listed on the policy at all?

So if a crash does take place, am I covered if I am driving the car?

Now, NRMA or Shannons or Lumley?
      For me, im with NRMA. How it works is that I am NOT listed as a driver at all because im 17 and on Red Ps. The car is both registered and insured to my mother. If I crash it while driving, both my FTO (registered/insured to mum) and any other cars involved are covered 100%. It costs no less per year, and if I smash the car, mums premiums will skyrocket, however it is still 100% covered for any damage.
      I fix cars.
      ObsidianRadio
      Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Hey mate, welcome to the forum :)

Personally, I use JustCar as I'm nineteen, on a safer driver agreement AND I have an accident history...Bringing my grand total to $287 per month for full comp :lol:

Worth it for the peace of mind though!
      Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
      http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
      shadowarrior
      Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

dstocks wrote:I asked them if I could change the engine in my galant. "No problems" I was told, "Just give us the new engine number". So I changed it having discussed the details with them and being given the go ahead. I should also say that at the time this was a completely legal conversion. When I rang them back, they asked which model galant it was. I told them it was a GD. They then told me that I could only do the conversion to a GC galant. I replied that the only difference between a GC and a GD was the grille. Pregnant pause and then I was told I would have to bring it in for an inspection. So the inspector comes out and tells me the brake booster is too small. After I tell him the car does not normally come with a brake booster and the one fitted was off the same car the engine came out of, he says that the tyres were too thin for the new engine. So I pull the receipt out of my pocket for the new rims and tyres I had bought but hadnt had the chance to pick up and was then told that my brake lines were untidy. That was the last straw for me. Told him he was making excuses, had no idea what he was talking about and to shove it up his arse I would take my business elsewhere. So, theyll never get my business again. [end rant]

wtf?? untidy brake lines? LMAO!!! They can deny inspection pass on 'untidy brake lines'? Staying the hell away from NRMA then :)
      +1 Shannons. Listened to you and got Shannons for my car and it's all good :) Am not in the policy yet though as am on L's. If I crash, I need to have my mrs in the car with me, and will be covered through her. Policy will be renewed/assessed once I have my P's am told...so more reason for me to keep staying on L's :D

Ohhh!! and Welcome to the Club FTObrah :)