Justice of the Peace?

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shadowarrior
Tightarse
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Justice of the Peace?

Post by shadowarrior »

Anyone here is a Justice of the Peace? :|
Or belong to one of the listed professions/body/organization/member of group?
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/ ... ions_list/

I need help with Identity Declaration for my citizenship application. So supposedly staying healthy (not going to doctors) and not having a criminal background (not knowing any police officer/member of the court) was a bad idea for me :| I should have listened to those door knocker's and joined their church at least when I still had the time :(
Sahin
HULK

Re: Justice of the Peace?

Post by Sahin »

Libraries have them
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

I went to the local JP, but they didn't sign it for me because they 'don't know me for a year' :|
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

shadowarrior wrote:Anyone here is a Justice of the Peace? :|
Or belong to one of the listed professions/body/organization/member of group?
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/ ... ions_list/

I need help with Identity Declaration for my citizenship application. So supposedly staying healthy (not going to doctors) and not having a criminal background (not knowing any police officer/member of the court) was a bad idea for me :| I should have listened to those door knocker's and joined their church at least when I still had the time :(
I had the same f**king problem when the cops confiscated my licence and i needed to go get an 18+ card to cash a bank cheque. I literally couldnt get any form of photo ID as my birth certificate is NZ, and like you i know no one here like that for a year.
LUCKILY i got a really nice cop who let me get the licence back for it. Would of had an uncashable 1300 dollar check otherwise :lol:

Luckily i dont have to go through all that sh*t (as far as im aware) as ill automatically become a citizen when i marry my woman!
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Taz wrote: Luckily i dont have to go through all that sh*t (as far as im aware) as ill automatically become a citizen when i marry my woman!
Gonna break the bad news for you man :) You have to get this Identity Certificate still, 'cos am in the same soup :P I have been married for 4+ years now to an Australian Citizen, but naah, she isn't allowed to sign it for me. :|
I have all identity documents and address proof thingys but wasn't enough to qualify.

This is such a pain in the ass!!
I can get either/or of the conditions... Either some citizen who has known me for 1+ year or someone from that list but doesn't know me for 1 year.... can't find someone who fits both the criteria.

have known you for at least one year
not be related to you by birth, marriage or defacto relationship
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

So i only need any old citizen who has known me for more than a year to sign it? Or does it HAVE to be a JP/police officer/doctor etc? That sucks ass, means im gonna have to go out within a few weeks and get someone like that who can start 'knowing' me for a year :lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Taz wrote:So i only need any old citizen who has known me for more than a year to sign it? Or does it HAVE to be a JP/police officer/doctor etc? That sucks ass, means im gonna have to go out within a few weeks and get someone like that who can start 'knowing' me for a year :lol:
Define "knowing"

If you bring some papers to the bonfire next year I can sign 'em. Technically I would have known you for a year, even if I would have only met you twice.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Taz wrote:That sucks ass, means im gonna have to go out within a few weeks and get someone like that who can start 'knowing' me for a year :lol:
:utbnb:
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Vectose wrote:
Taz wrote:That sucks ass, means im gonna have to go out within a few weeks and get someone like that who can start 'knowing' me for a year :lol:
:utbnb:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I fix cars.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Daniel2019 wrote:
Taz wrote:So i only need any old citizen who has known me for more than a year to sign it? Or does it HAVE to be a JP/police officer/doctor etc? That sucks ass, means im gonna have to go out within a few weeks and get someone like that who can start 'knowing' me for a year :lol:
Define "knowing"

If you bring some papers to the bonfire next year I can sign 'em. Technically I would have known you for a year, even if I would have only met you twice.
I know citizens for a year thats not a problem, the only problem would be is that if they have to be a credited person, in which case if you were and we did, then i owe you a case of beer at the bonfire :thumright:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Taz wrote:Luckily i dont have to go through all that sh*t (as far as im aware) as ill automatically become a citizen when i marry my woman!
Wrong!
I am a New Zealand Citizen, have been in Aus since I was 6 months old, have been married to an Australian woman for 20 years, I am still a New Zealand citizen and permanant resident of Aus = I don't and never have voted.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Taz wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:
Define "knowing"

I know citizens for a year thats not a problem, the only problem would be is that if they have to be a credited person, in which case if you were and we did, then i owe you a case of beer at the bonfire :thumright:
Im only 17 right now :lol: 18 in November.

Pop's a JP, and I was gonna see if its possible for me to become one too. I'll let you know how it goes :D
I fix cars.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Daniel2019 wrote:
Taz wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:
Define "knowing"

Im only 17 right now :lol: 18 in November.

Pop's a JP, and I was gonna see if its possible for me to become one too. I'll let you know how it goes :D
The mrs is going for her JP test next month as she wants it for her blue card, its much easier to be able to sign slips and sh*t there on the spot (youth worker)
I think its only a test although the book they give you that you have to learn is ahh...lets just say 'thick'
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

shadowarrior wrote:I have been married for 4+ years now to an Australian Citizen
Either some citizen who has known me for 1+ year or someone from that list but doesn't know me for 1 year.... can't find someone who fits both the criteria.
17.Marriage celebrant licensed or registered under Subdivision C of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Taz wrote:The mrs is going for her JP test next month as she wants it for her blue card, its much easier to be able to sign slips and sh*t there on the spot (youth worker)
I think its only a test although the book they give you that you have to learn is ahh...lets just say 'thick'
To be eligible for appointment as a Justice of the Peace in NSW, you must:

be at least 18 years of age
be nominated by a member of the Legislative Assembly or the Legislative Council (MP or MLC)
be an Australian citizen or a person who is entitled to vote at a general election, unless the Attorney General exempts you from having to satisfy this criterion
be of good character
consent in writing to confidential inquiries being made as your suitability for appointment, including a criminal records check
not be an undischarged bankrupt
establish that your appointment as a justice of the peace is required for your employment or to fulfil a community-based need for the appointment

I assume QLD is similar.
I fix cars.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Hmm yea the mrs comes within all of those criteria, as its needed for work and she is a 27yr old citizen.
So i guess any old person who doesnt NEED it for something cant get it :lol: makes sense
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Has to be a citizen who knows you for a year or more plus belongs to one of the listed profession: http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/ ... ions_list/
Time for you to start visiting your local cop shop every week and have a coffee with them. If anybody there questions you, just tell them the citizenship requirements ask you to be friends with a cop :D

Here's the link for you to apply for citizenship. The Identity Declaration is a part of the 1300T form which you need to submit :P
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/how_to_apply/nz/
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

shadowarrior wrote:
Has to be a citizen who knows you for a year or more plus belongs to one of the listed profession: http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/ ... ions_list/
Time for you to start visiting your local cop shop every week and have a coffee with them. If anybody there questions you, just tell them the citizenship requirements ask you to be friends with a cop :D

Here's the link for you to apply for citizenship. The Identity Declaration is a part of the 1300T form which you need to submit :P
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/how_to_apply/nz/

Ive been here for more than 7 years, which (again from my knowledge) automatically makes me a permanent residence, so id only need apply for citizenship.
It will i guess be worth it, however its paying what ive heard to be several thousand dollars to undertake a sh*tty test most citizens would fail if they took it :x
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

PHIL069 wrote:
shadowarrior wrote:I have been married for 4+ years now to an Australian Citizen
Either some citizen who has known me for 1+ year or someone from that list but doesn't know me for 1 year.... can't find someone who fits both the criteria.
17.Marriage celebrant licensed or registered under Subdivision C of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961
Our registrar is in Melbourne, and the only time I saw her was when she got us married...4+ years back. So it's going to be a little tough to trace her back :P

I would assume 'know' in this case could be defined as anyone who meets that criteria and has known my existence for a year? Doesn't have to drink beer with me every weekend... :)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Taz wrote:Ive been here for more than 7 years, which (again from my knowledge) automatically makes me a permanent residence, so id only need apply for citizenship.
It will i guess be worth it, however its paying what ive heard to be several thousand dollars to undertake a sh*tty test most citizens would fail if they took it :x
Why become a citizen Taz?
You only need to be one if you are going to be a copper, armed forces, politician etc
shadowarrior wrote:
PHIL069 wrote:
Our registrar is in Melbourne, and the only time I saw her was when she got us married...4+ years back. So it's going to be a little tough to trace her back :P

I would assume 'know' in this case could be defined as anyone who meets that criteria and has known my existence for a year? Doesn't have to drink beer with me every weekend... :)
Have you never been to the doctors? Not even for a doctors cert.