Gday all

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ninpofto
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Gday all

Post by ninpofto »

Just a quick one to say hi to everyone, been wanting an fto since I was 18 so now that I'm 30ish and can afford insurance ect it could very well be on the cards. (Yes dear I know we have 5 kids, that's what the wagon's for!)
Looking for a bit of a project car possibly a black manual fto to turn into a promo car for my Ninjutsu dojo on the Mid North Coast N.S.W (Shinobi style)..Nothing to wild just kit,bonnet no wing and some nice rims.
Do I start with a cheap car say $2000 in need of paint ect or to spend a bit more and get something that might have less chance of ending in tears say $5000.

Cheers for your time any feed back appreciated!

Ross
Attachments
Ninja for life...
Ninja for life...
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Gday all

Post by PHIL069 »

WTTC ninpofto :D
Good luck with your FTO search.
I have seen this one online, it's not black but it is a rare GP Aero :P and it is located in South West Rocks (just up the street from you)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-F ... 19d4aeb8dc
same car....http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/south-we ... 1006101545
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Welcome to the club mate!
PHIL069 wrote:WTTC ninpofto :D
I have seen this one online, it's not black but it is a rare GP Aero :P and it is located in South West Rocks (just up the street from you)
Did you miss the thread about this car where everyone is warning to stay away from it? :lol:
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Vectose wrote:Welcome to the club mate!
PHIL069 wrote:WTTC ninpofto :D
Did you miss the thread about this car where everyone is warning to stay away from it? :lol:
I didn't relise it was that one 8O
I will go wash my mouth out with soap :oops:
Sorry ninpofto, disregard my suggestion ;)
My Guardian Vectose has struck again :lol:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

WTTC mate.

Good luck with the search for you FTO. You could always look into the avenue of importing from Japan if you never find what you're after here ;)
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Hmm guess i missed the thread about that FTO as well.

Pending the condition mechanically of it i think it would be an excellent buy, as an Aero GP can go for up to 10k, get it for 4k, spend some money on new rims (which would almost pay for them selves after selling those chromies), get rid of the eyelids etc would clean up nicely.
Or am i missing something crucial from the other thread? The only thing would be that it WAS in a minor accident but it looks good considering. Worth a look at least i say.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Taz wrote:Hmm guess i missed the thread about that FTO as well.

Pending the condition mechanically of it i think it would be an excellent buy, as an Aero GP can go for up to 10k, get it for 4k, spend some money on new rims (which would almost pay for them selves after selling those chromies), get rid of the eyelids etc would clean up nicely.
Or am i missing something crucial from the other thread? The only thing would be that it WAS in a minor accident but it looks good considering. Worth a look at least i say.
Here is the other thread: http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26437

You even posted in it :lol:
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

OOOOOOOoooo

THAT one, yea, i retract my statement - i remember that one thats a no go - dont touch it with a 10ft pole.

Best keep looking, and you really need a manual to really enjoy the FTO watch the haters come in from that comment haha
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

WTTC Ross :D .

And yes as the rest have said stay away from that car above. You know I do feel sorry for the seller, as we are telling ppl to stay away from it, Only due to us knowing the history of it.

But any way good luck finding an fto that suits you and your needs.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Taz wrote:OOOOOOOoooo

THAT one, yea, i retract my statement - i remember that one thats a no go - dont touch it with a 10ft pole.

Best keep looking, and you really need a manual to really enjoy the FTO watch the haters come in from that comment haha
:lol:
I don't feel so alone anymore, do you want some soap Taz?
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

PHIL069 wrote:
Taz wrote:OOOOOOOoooo

:lol:
I don't feel so alone anymore, do you want some soap Taz?
Im still good from last night ;)
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Welcome to the club

I think an FTO in black would look really good
ninpofto
Grease Monkey

Post by ninpofto »

Cheers guys for the advice, I did see the above mentioned car and thought it was too good to be true!
Anyone see the $1800 job on gumtree 95mod red with black and lots of bird poo unreg 2yrs but mechanically good just needs paint and rego! and and and and and and!!!!!!!!
Could either be a good project or bottomless pit $$$$$
what are your thoughts?- I saw Lawso's story don't want to go down that Road.
It seems it would be just my luck though...

Thanks again for all taking time to read my post/s.
Cheers Ross
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Honestly, it seems that FTO's are a lucky dip, with a trend that the later models being much more reliable. For instance, you have Matt who has a 95GPX, caused nothing but hassle and a big deficit in his wallet, where as you have me, a 98 GPR and i havent had ONE mechanical problem with the thing, shining example of an FTO.
Whatever you choose, just be prepared to spend the $$$ on it, whether you have to or not is a different story, but best be prepared anyway.
I have a strong vote for a manual mivec though.

On another note, importing one, while very costly is usually the way to go if you want a perfect FTO, they generally stay in perfect nick over there, mine was imported in 2007 and has had one owner since if it correlates at all to its mechanical condition.

GL with the hunt, hope you dont get a lemon, its a quick path to depreciation of your love of the car.
ninpofto
Grease Monkey

Post by ninpofto »

Taz wrote:Honestly, it seems that FTO's are a lucky dip, with a trend that the later models being much more reliable. For instance, you have Matt who has a 95GPX, caused nothing but hassle and a big deficit in his wallet, where as you have me, a 98 GPR and i havent had ONE mechanical problem with the thing, shining example of an FTO.
Whatever you choose, just be prepared to spend the $$$ on it, whether you have to or not is a different story, but best be prepared anyway.
I have a strong vote for a manual mivec though.

On another note, importing one, while very costly is usually the way to go if you want a perfect FTO, they generally stay in perfect nick over there, mine was imported in 2007 and has had one owner since if it correlates at all to its mechanical condition.

GL with the hunt, hope you dont get a lemon, its a quick path to depreciation of your love of the car.
Unless they are white and in south west rocks yeh! Cheers Taz, great avitar by the way!
ninpofto
Grease Monkey

Post by ninpofto »

If I get sold a lemon it will be cremated at the next bonfire with the previous owner watching from the inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and posted on you tube!

Lol :twisted: Just kidding I wouldn't burn an fto... :lol:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

ninpofto wrote:If I get sold a lemon it will be cremated at the next bonfire with the previous owner watching from the inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and posted on you tube!

You say that now, but there are some butchered FTO's out there, with some beyond redemption that are only good for fuel for the bonfire.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

ninpofto wrote:I saw Lawso's story don't want to go down that Road.
LOL!

WTTC! I guess the question is, will $3k put into a $2k FTO bump it up to the same standard as a $5k FTO? It depends on the individual car really. Just keep your options open.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
ninpofto
Grease Monkey

Post by ninpofto »

Daniel2019 wrote:
ninpofto wrote:I saw Lawso's story don't want to go down that Road.
LOL!

WTTC! I guess the question is, will $3k put into a $2k FTO bump it up to the same standard as a $5k FTO? It depends on the individual car really. Just keep your options open.
Sorry to use your story as an example Lawso.. :(
ninpofto
Grease Monkey

Post by ninpofto »

Taz wrote:
ninpofto wrote:If I get sold a lemon it will be cremated at the next bonfire with the previous owner watching from the inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and posted on you tube!

You say that now, but there are some butchered FTO's out there, with some beyond redemption that are only good for fuel for the bonfire.
A bit of a re-bore and a lotta bog,Knew a girl like that once.. :mrgreen: