Boosted gibberish

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Daniel2019
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Boosted gibberish

Post by Daniel2019 »

Bennoz wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:Torque? Whats that? :lol:
Similar to rust mate :lol:
Come on, captain curly, you can do better than that! :lol:
I'm not the one who thought the flywheel was connected to the sump, greenhorn :thebird:
In my defence, I was told to remove the housing which from what it looked (and still looks to me) like it has common bolts..

But yes, Bennoz 2 - Daniel - 1 for this round.

Meanwhile, rocker cover is looking good :thumleft:
Attachments
IMG_0716 (Small).JPG
IMG_0716 (Small).JPG (79.5 KiB) Viewed 312 times
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
kermut
Grease Monkey

Re: Bennoz 6A13 Conversion

Post by kermut »

hey ben, this is the link for the damper? let me know what you think?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-En ... 564aa276a1
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

I really don't understand why you would want this on an FTO?

The engine is already very solidly mounted, included two mounts to help prevent roll.

And where are you going to attach this, both on the engine and on the chassis?
kermut
Grease Monkey

Post by kermut »

its more to help the lower engine mounts from cracking...my engine moves so much under aggressive shifting :(..
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Put in poly mounts.

But again where would you attach this? You either have to mount it to the firewall or the radiator support, both of which are only sheet metal.
fraz91
Hair-do

Post by fraz91 »

Shane001 wrote:Put in poly mounts.
If you make one part stiffer, it simply moves the weak point to the next failure point in the system. I see it all the time in 4x4's when people decide that they're going to weld in new gussets or reinforcement, and the next part along in the system has a nice large crack in it from the excessive forces. In the case of the lower engine mounts, the next weak point along would either be the lower crossmember that the mounts bolt to or the bolts that hold it all to the chassis.

I do agree with Shane though, where are you going to mount it? You would have to find somewhere on the firewall that is easily reinforced, but again it comes back to my previous point. Strengthen one part, weaken another.

If your engine is moving that much under "aggressive shifting" then maybe you need to change your driving style? Not having a crack, but it is possible to achieve a smooth AND fast gear-change. ;)
I'll have an FTO one day... i swear!

until then:
1. 2001 Merc-Benz A160 (porta-loo on wheels)
2. 2007 Peugeot 307 TDi (more fun than you'd expect)
3. [url=ttp://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25373]2009 Mitsubishi Triton Di-D (a monster in its own right)[/url]
4. 1992 Nissan NX Coupe (club car and project car)
5. 1996 Holden SB Barina - "The Nugget"
6. 1996 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport - The Budget Build
7. 2010 Toyota Landcruiser 76 Series - V8 Goodness... - Build coming soon.
8. 1990 Audi 90 manual - The delightfully dignified daily driver
Astron_Boy wrote:No correction needed Gen Y, you are correct.
Bennoz wrote:My rubbing happens on the inside.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

And let me put it into perspective, my race car is running the original 150,000km old engine with as far as I'm aware the original 150,000km old engine mounts lol!

And I don't think anyone here drives their FTO as hard as I do ;)
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Shane001 wrote:And let me put it into perspective, my race car is running the original 150,000km old engine with as far as I'm aware the original 150,000km old engine mounts lol!

I have 150 on my car, hasnt nearly been driven to your standard (most of the time ;) ) and mine are starting to go, will have to replace them next 10k i reckon. If yours are indeed originals, then yours will be getting replaced after the next few racedays i dare say :lol:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Taz wrote:
Shane001 wrote:And let me put it into perspective, my race car is running the original 150,000km old engine with as far as I'm aware the original 150,000km old engine mounts lol!

I have 150 on my car, hasnt nearly been driven to your standard (most of the time ;) ) and mine are starting to go, will have to replace them next 10k i reckon. If yours are indeed originals, then yours will be getting replaced after the next few racedays i dare say :lol:
I disagree, they look fine, no reason that they should need replacing anytime soon, just because I race it ;)
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

I would imagine that under usual driving conditions that they wouldnt have much more than 150 on them, if not a little less, we have a fairly aggressive car if its manual, i reckon yours would be the second lot, but hey, either way you didnt pay for em :cheers:
kermut
Grease Monkey

Post by kermut »

When you have three times the torque from 200nm to upwards of 500nm...the mounts cop it thr most,
All the boys with 6a13TT conversions will know how aggressive the motor is, esp if your on yhe freeway and drop it into 3rd ...oooo the fun :D hehe..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:D
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Kermut, but the problem comes back to where are you going to mount them?
kermut
Grease Monkey

Post by kermut »

where theres a will theres a way, or in this case theres a BEN so theres def a way ;) hehehe,....they have these for hondas aswell so mounting will be similer to them :D heheh...

Ben have you run any cars off launch yet?...i tried today racing a wrx sti today got demolished today..had to traction at all grrr....hows your lsd going when you launch it ?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

kermut wrote:where theres a will theres a way, or in this case theres a BEN so theres def a way ;) hehehe,....they have these for hondas aswell so mounting will be similer to them :D heheh...

Ben have you run any cars off launch yet?...i tried today racing a wrx sti today got demolished today..had to traction at all grrr....hows your lsd going when you launch it ?
It's all about the launch mate, throttle control to be precise. You can't get over excited & just plant it, you need to feather the throttle.

I've made short work of some rather expensive cars lol, from 330kw HSVs to recently a Porsche Carrera Turbo 4S. It's most satisfying seeing the look on their faces :lol:
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Bennoz wrote:
kermut wrote:where theres a will theres a way, or in this case theres a BEN so theres def a way ;) hehehe,....they have these for hondas aswell so mounting will be similer to them :D heheh...

It's all about the launch mate, throttle control to be precise. You can't get over excited & just plant it, you need to feather the throttle.
Too true. Even in NA form you can't just dump the clutch at full revs. When racing I launch at around 2500rpm off the start line, and have to feather the throttle in first to minimise wheel spin. And that's with slicks!
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Shane001 wrote:
Bennoz wrote:

Too true. Even in NA form you can't just dump the clutch at full revs. When racing I launch at around 2500rpm off the start line, and have to feather the throttle in first to minimise wheel spin. And that's with slicks!
I launch at around 3500, dont feather the throttle, and manage to get full grip on street tyres most of the time, minimal tyre spin if im unlucky - manage to take down a few gts-t's etc till late 4th - keep in mind your less weight more power shane :lol:
and ben, keep in mind....well....that car is just insane. From experience.
fraz91
Hair-do

Post by fraz91 »

Bennoz wrote:

Yup. Turbo's make short work of tyres. At least you start spooling without any load on the motor... stupid VGT :twisted: :lol:
I'll have an FTO one day... i swear!

until then:
1. 2001 Merc-Benz A160 (porta-loo on wheels)
2. 2007 Peugeot 307 TDi (more fun than you'd expect)
3. [url=ttp://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25373]2009 Mitsubishi Triton Di-D (a monster in its own right)[/url]
4. 1992 Nissan NX Coupe (club car and project car)
5. 1996 Holden SB Barina - "The Nugget"
6. 1996 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport - The Budget Build
7. 2010 Toyota Landcruiser 76 Series - V8 Goodness... - Build coming soon.
8. 1990 Audi 90 manual - The delightfully dignified daily driver
Astron_Boy wrote:No correction needed Gen Y, you are correct.
Bennoz wrote:My rubbing happens on the inside.
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

Shane001 wrote: Too true. Even in NA form you can't just dump the clutch at full revs. When racing I launch at around 2500rpm off the start line, and have to feather the throttle in first to minimise wheel spin.
Yeh, That's what I normally do too.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

bass_twitch wrote:
Shane001 wrote: Too true. Even in NA form you can't just dump the clutch at full revs. When racing I launch at around 2500rpm off the start line, and have to feather the throttle in first to minimise wheel spin.
Yeh, That's what I normally do too.
Sounds like you boys need an LSD ;)