adelaide ftos

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

debbie
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

adelaide ftos

Post by debbie »

:D hey everyone, just joined this web site and am interested in car cruises. many people from adelaide on this site?
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

yep - check out the SA Forum. There are a few active members down there.

State Mod is barfy (Daz_FTO relocating to QLD)

Cheers
Tanya

ps- Welcome to the club. Rob (kaveman) and I will be down in Adelaide in November so hoping to catch up with all the members then.
debbie
Grease Monkey

THANKS

Post by debbie »

THANKS TANYA:) XX
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

welcome to the club debbie ;)
twistea
Grease Monkey

Post by twistea »

hello debbie

im a local with an FTO. there are plenty of FTO owners here in adelaide but i dont think many of them visit this site.

as far as i am aware there still hasnt been any organised fto cruises here so good luck on trying to organise one. the interest always seems to fade away.

but speaking for myself, im more interested in cruises through some challenging and fun winding roads, not the sort of cruise that travels in convoy through the city streets.

anyways, welcome
debbie
Grease Monkey

Post by debbie »

its lonely here in south australia 8)
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Hey Debbie,

Welcome to the club, Im always keen for a cruise but as teania said there are always attempts but doesnt seem to go any further hehe

It would be good for us all to catch up with Rob and Tanya who are coming over from Sydney in November unfortunately tanya will be driving a Ford Festiva over and not her FTO hehe :lol:

If we could catch up before this time that would be great but im not holding my breath haha
twistea
Grease Monkey

Post by twistea »

debbie wrote:its lonely here in south australia 8)
sounds like you need a companion :lol:
twistea
Grease Monkey

Post by twistea »

hey barfy, i read the announcement on the website home page about your new appointment as state coordinator. congratulations 8)

the announcement also says that you will start organising cruises and events immediately! so i just wanted to know if you could share with us some of your ideas in what direction you plan on taking and what plans you have in the near future???
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Hahaha... good one Twistea... git into him - glad i am running away, too much pressure :P
Last edited by Daz_FTO on Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Welcome to the club!

I am envious of where you live - absolutely love Adelaide (and surrounds - Barossa, Clare, McLaren Vale, Coonawarra etc). And the Central Markets! You absolutely live in Gods country.

I will be down in November also (unrelated to previous post) but without the car. Would love to catch up with you guys, plus I have to occupy myself for a few days as my wife is doing some courses during the day time.

Will get back to you later in the year!
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Hey Twistea,

They were steve's words not mine ! hehe :D But seriously i would love to get a cruise organised but its happen so many times and no one seems to be interested.

I would love to do a dyno day aswell maybe everyone can throw in there ideas and we can take it from there ...
debbie
Grease Monkey

Post by debbie »

thanks for the welcome gpxxx xxx
hey twistea, i have a companion. :lol: still get lonely though'. haha cruises through challenging winding roads sound good.
hey barfy! i think u would be interested too. wow thats three of us :D

anyways how old is everyone and what do u do??
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Hi Barfy - Festiva will be mums car and it even has a flufflysheepskin steering wheel cover to match the fluffly sheepskin seat covers - WOOHOO!!! Rob is going to stick a couple of FTO stickers on it though :P - special edition ones ....

Thought about driving over - but as we're heading over to Perth afterwards, I dont fancy driving it quite that far .. let alone all the way home - takes too long and we'd rather relax and have a holiday.

So yes - an event would be great to catch up. Could meet somewhere in the city - the Directors on Gouger St used to be good - but havent been home in the last few years so a bit out of touch. Have to see if we can tee it up to be the same time as mrx is over. We'll bring photos of our cars - that will have to do :P

btw - Rob and I early 30's.

We look forward to meeting you all :D

Cheers Tanya
Teania
FTO Club Secretary
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

hey guys.

November sounds great, license or not count me in as long as it is november. :D
veilside
Apprentice

Post by veilside »

Looks like an old-ish thread but I'll post anyway! Just moved to SA from Alice Springs. Joined the site as soon as I got my FTO up there but never really looked at the forums until now (since I knew the other 2 FTO owners in Alice Springs).

Can't wait for a cruise or something! I'm living in Moonta Bay which is about 2 hours from Adelaide but I'll gladly make the drive.
debbie
Grease Monkey

Post by debbie »

hey veilside, welcome to fto australia. us adelaideans should definitely catch up for a cruise. im in, hopefully others will try as well. it would be good to put some pictures of our adelaide ftos in the photo gallery. i dont think there are any from adelaide in there. what model do u have? any mods?
veilside
Apprentice

Post by veilside »

I have a 95 GPX, tiptronic box. 2.5" cat-back exhaust, pod filter, Veilside kit, a bunch of stereo gear and that's about it so far as far as mods go. Everything apart from the audio was done before I bought the car. A turbo is also on the cards, but I don't know much about what sorta turbo's will work and what's best for what so I'm still looking into that at the moment!

How about yourself? And where abouts are you from?
debbie
Grease Monkey

Post by debbie »

from salisbury north. white 97 manual gpx. sideskirts,aprons, gp v r rear spoiler, airpod, jvc headunit, kenwood speakers, clear side repeaters, i have no idea what exhaust. (deep dial kit and gauge surround on its way) in the process of making a custom parcel shelf. now all i need is some money to do the $$$ things!
veilside
Apprentice

Post by veilside »

Nice. I have a friend in Alice that has a black '97 GP-R!

My stereo so far consists of an Alpine headunit, Fusion 6.5" splits in the front run from a 2-channel Fusion amp, with a Fusion sub and Lanzar amp yet to be hooked up in the boot. Sounds crappy at the moment, but I don't know where to get the rest installed (was only half completed when I left to come here).

How old are you? I get the impression a lot of the people on these forums are a fair bit older than me! I'm 20.