Is this ebay sale entirly truthful??

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nofearzz
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Is this ebay sale entirly truthful??

Post by nofearzz »

Just looking on ebay and looked at an FTO for sale...

The thing is it says: 1997 built. If that's true why are the indercator lights yellow/oringe and not the clear white ones that... i think... are on FTO's built 1996 onwards...

Or am i wrong?

What do you think?
nofearzz
Apprentice

Post by nofearzz »

G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

ummm mitsubishi didnt make any clear indicators, they are a d-speet after market part
nofearzz
Apprentice

Post by nofearzz »

Oh.. ok..

I've just seen some standard FTO's before with the clear indercator lights before and thought they were standar...

Sorry my mistake.
Boney
Apprentice

Post by Boney »

clear indercators are never put on a standard model car, as i heard its part of the requiements by manafactures when a new car is built.. they can only be put on later as an aftermarket set, if that particular country / state advises that it is legal...

i could be wrong on this.. but i did read somthing about this on a mitsubishi website..

at the very least.. orange is a much safer brighter and more reconisable indercator light.. and manafacturers are all about safety these days.. as it wins them awards and sells to the mass markets..
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i know 2 ppl who got dicked big-time for dealing on E-Bay so there's no way i'd buy anything from that website, no matter how legit it seems...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i've brought 3 items from E-bay & i didn't have a problem, so i guess the 2 ppl u know just happen 2 deal with the wrong ppl. And i'm sure lots of ppl in this forum had deal with E-bay at some points in there life!
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

yeah ive had no problems so far.... but i wouldnt buy a car from there! without even looking at it or test driving it? thats ^%$$*&%* crazy!
chop_sticks
Apprentice

Post by chop_sticks »

Well the items i won on ebay i haven't yet heard from the seller. He was supposed to contact me but never heard from him.
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

Ebay tips:

always view sellers feedback.

always contact seller to find out how much postage will be if it is not listed before bidding on thr product.

always work out currency difference before bidding on overseas items.

anytime possible buy c.o.d.

do not send cash or make cheques,money orders and send them to P.O boxes.

print out any documents to do with sale and save any emails you have recieved from the buyer.

FOR EXPENSIVE ITEMS:
Consider using escrow services to protect your purchase. If there is any doubt about a transaction, use escrow services where available. Escrow services help ensure a more secure transaction, particularly for items of more than AU$400. When bidding or using the Buy It Now feature, negotiate escrow terms with the seller before you place a bid or buy the item.

For informationon what escrow is please go here: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/community/escrow.html