Music creation software

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Music creation software

Post by Taz »

Does anybody know of any music creation software? I know of dance e-jay (i think)
How many more are out there?
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Music creation software

Post by PHIL069 »

FL Studio......formally FruityLoops
Have heard that it is the best available
http://www.image-line.com/documents/flstudio.html
Attachments
FL Studio.png
FL Studio.png (818.49 KiB) Viewed 294 times
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

No the best is actually Cubase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Got both on the DL right now, guess ill see which one i like more :thumright:
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

Audacity :mrgreen:
den0va
Grease Monkey

Post by den0va »

Can't go wrong with FL Studio, I have mates that are pro with it, and it's pretty easy to learn.
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Hey man!

This stuff is my specialty...

The programs I use on Windows are;

ProTools - A more premium program, VERY costly if you're paying for a full license.
Reason - Very user friendly and easy to use.
Ableton Live - Similar to reason in terms of user friendliness, limited in comparison to other programs.

The program I use on Mac is;

Logic Pro - Very complicated, but well worth teaching yourself. Very complex and detailed recording tools, including mastering and mixing capabilities built in. I use this for most of my music production work with Obsidian Radio.

Also remember that the programs are just the beginning. You must also get all the plug-ins you desire and any hardware required, such as synthesizers, beat pads etc. In the past three years, my co-producer and I have spent a combined effort of in excess of $40,000 on studio equipment. That is for full professional and commercial use, however!

If you're looking for a starter program with some easy sh*t in it and pre-recorded sounds already included, try Mixcraft. $100 for a full license and easy as piss to use :lol: Similar to Sony Acid Studio!

Any music production Qs you have, feel free to ask me :) Feel free to check out the sh*t I make on;
http://www.soundcloud.com/obsidianradio

:)
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

just dl'ed a copy of cubase

anyone care to give me a quick tutorial for putting together a track of pre-recorded stuff?
Chuckasaurus
Grease Monkey

Post by Chuckasaurus »

I use FL studio, have been for a good year or so. Its good fun to use, especially if you can get some good packs for it.
V-Tec went Braaa-boooom...
ObsidianRadio wrote:That motor looks hot. Can I have its number? ;)
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Taz wrote:just dl'ed a copy of cubase

anyone care to give me a quick tutorial for putting together a track of pre-recorded stuff?
I have a friend who uses Cubase, it's pretty good! Brilliant for mastering and mixing as well. :)

It's a bit hard to explain it verbally... I reckon you should look on youtube for tutorials, they make them pretty clear on there! That's how I learnt a lot of stuff, although I attended the SAE Institute for 12 months and earnt myself a diploma in music production ;) Not much use to anyone though, at least I can use ProTools :P
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
illmotion
Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

ObsidianRadio wrote:
Taz wrote:just dl'ed a copy of cubase

I have a friend who uses Cubase, it's pretty good! Brilliant for mastering and mixing as well. :)

It's a bit hard to explain it verbally... I reckon you should look on youtube for tutorials, they make them pretty clear on there! That's how I learnt a lot of stuff, although I attended the SAE Institute for 12 months and earnt myself a diploma in music production ;) Not much use to anyone though, at least I can use ProTools :P
Oh wow you went to SAE to! I did the degree but still no job in the industry at all :(

Yeah the new cubase is pretty cool how it can create a instrument track to along with what already record.

Pro tools is complicated for first time starting, but ableton should be alright if you get used to it.