Newbie!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

notoriousTASH
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Newbie!

Post by notoriousTASH »

Hi guys! Just bought my first car, a '96 FTO GPX. Just thought I'd introduce myself! My name is Tash, im from Sydney and got my FTO as a birthday present to myself for my 21st. I've had it for about a month now and couldn't be happier.

That's all I can really think to say at the moment, so yeah! Looking forward to chatting with you guys :)
Attachments
My ride! Sorry about the crappiness of the photo. Was doing this post from my phone.
My ride! Sorry about the crappiness of the photo. Was doing this post from my phone.
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Re: Newbie!

Post by Technikhaus »

Looks really nice!
Congrats on the purchase!
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

Thanks! There's a few things I plan on doing to it. First will be getting a complete sound system put in around Christmas. I want to patch up the body kit on it too. Still trying to find where I can get that done. Does anybody know?
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

G'Day WTTC
Hope to see you at some of our NSW events :D
BTW, Nice FTO you got thar! 8)
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

WTTC
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

wttc

dont believe ive seen that lip on the front bar before
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

WTTC!
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

What a warm welcome, thanks guys! Where/when do these events happen guys? Is it like a mad hang out at Maccas at 11pm onwards or..?
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Nah :lol:
We meet up and cruise to different locations.
Here is a couple of our latest cruises...They are located in the NSW section of the forum
If you go to the last few pages you will see the pics of the cruises

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26832
http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26113

We also have a annual national cruise to our vise presidents property in Batemans Bay, here is the one earlier this year...
http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24256

We are having a meetup @ one of our members property on the Central Coast in a couple of weeks...
http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26530

Other than that more will be organised for next year :D
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

The maccas thing was a joke. Thats for the Supra's and Skyline's. The cruise sounds *so* cool! I'm totally in. Sucks I missed yesterday's one! It would be nice to meet some of you! :D
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

WTTC :cheers: Nice looking car!
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

WTTC :)
look forward to seeing more pics and mods you to your fto
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Hi and welcome to the club :D .
I will be trying to get some more events up and running soon.
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

Thank you guys. Will be posting more pics of my baby soon. Mods I will be doing to my FTO will be purely aesthetic. Im on my Red P's so sadly, I can't play with the performance. I do plan on doing a few things:

Footwell LED's.
Paint brake calipers.
Change dash lighting + chrome rings around gauges.
Complete sound system.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

You know that you can carry out performance mods for your car without breaking any conditions of your red P's?
- Front and Rear strut bars
- Better disc rotors and pads
- Better air intake system
etc etc etc...

But hey, end of the day it's your car...make it up your way :)
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

Thanks for that! I do want to upgrade my brake disks. It'll all come eventually. Air intake, would that include blow off valve? (Sorry I'm still learning about all of this)
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

notoriousTASH wrote:Thanks for that! I do want to upgrade my brake disks. It'll all come eventually. Air intake, would that include blow off valve? (Sorry I'm still learning about all of this)
Air intake goes from the throttle body through a pipe and it sucks air in through a filter when you press the accelerator
Mix air fuel (injectors) and spark (spark plugs) creates an explosion in the engine and in skip a few steps spins the wheels
Blow off valve is for a turbo...
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Sahin wrote: Air intake goes from the throttle body through a pipe and it sucks air in through a filter when you press the accelerator
Mix air fuel (injectors) and spark (spark plugs) creates an explosion in the engine and in skip a few steps spins the wheels
Blow off valve is for a turbo...
^ :geny: ^ That explanation doesn't even make sense to me :lol:

The engine uses air to mix with the fuel to create a combustable mixture, spark plugs create the spark that ignites the air/fuel mixture within the engine.
The air is taken into the engine via an air filter and intake pipe, then to the throttle body which allows the correct amount of air through to the engine depending on the required revs.
You can upgrade/mod the air filter and intake pipe to give better engine performance and moar horsepower. This is a very common and quite cheap mod.
As Sahin said a Blow Off valve releases excess air pressure from a turbo, which you do not have.

You might already have this mod done, a pic of your engine bay would show this ;)
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

Thanks again guys! That makes complete sense. How much would that mod cost and does anyone know where i can get this done?

I'm planning on posting a few more pics of my car once I clean it tomorrow. The terrible weather in Sydney this weekend has left my car filthy. Also need to clean the engine bay. Tomorrow, I promise! :D

But here is a little pic i took just now for you guys to tie you over in the mean time...
Attachments
image.jpg
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

notoriousTASH wrote:How much would that mod cost and does anyone know where i can get this done?
Step one would be to see if you already have it done :D

But.....We are waiting with baited breathe to see if one of our members can get an awesome intake pipe copied. Sometimes the wheels turn slowly. :roll: