Newbie!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Newbie!

Post by ObsidianRadio »

notoriousTASH wrote:Yessss I can't wait to get the sound system put in. I'm tossing up between JVC or Pioneer.
Both brands are awesome, so go your hardest! Could go Memphis Audio if you got $5K to spend :lol:
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

Lol no, don't have 5k to spend sadly, but believe me if I could, I would! I'm leaning more toward the JVC - it'll suit my car better than the pioneer. Had a listen to one the other day at Supercheap... Almost had an orgasm!
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

notoriousTASH wrote:Lol no, don't have 5k to spend sadly, but believe me if I could, I would! I'm leaning more toward the JVC - it'll suit my car better than the pioneer. Seen Sahin the other day at Supercheap... Almost had an orgasm!
:cheeky:
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

notoriousTASH wrote:Lol no, don't have 5k to spend sadly, but believe me if I could, I would! I'm leaning more toward the JVC - it'll suit my car better than the pioneer. Had a listen to one the other day at Supercheap... Almost had an orgasm!
ditch both...grab one of these.... :)
http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players/2-Din-Car-DVD.html
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Or a tablet, like I did. Costs only $250 and does much more than any head unit.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Sahin wrote:
notoriousTASH wrote:Lol no, don't have 5k to spend sadly, but believe me if I could, I would! I'm leaning more toward the JVC - it'll suit my car better than the pioneer. Seen Sahin the other day at Supercheap... Almost had an orgasm!
:cheeky:
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Vectose wrote:Or a tablet, like I did. Costs only $250 and does much more than any head unit.
You hooked up a tablet? pics please :) I keep thinking of hooking up a 7inch Android tablet there.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I still have a head unit. It is behind the tablet. I also have a microphone wired up so I can use Google Now to do voice commands, search the web and type using my voice.

I use an app called Tablet Talk which connects my phone to it so I can make calls and send texts using the tablet.

When I turn the key to the Acc. position the tablet turns on Bluetooth, WiFi, sets volume, sets brightness, keeps the screen on and starts playing music. Turning the car off does the opposite.

I have set my phone to run as a wireless hotspot when it is connected to my cars Bluetooth. So I can stream YouTube and other sites.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1353394522899.jpg
Bennoz wrote:
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

That's hot, however am not really a fan of the android software... Too used to apple products. I'm thinking of putting a screen in. My mate works at Supercheap auto so I obviously get looked after ;) would anyone know what size screen would fit best?
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

That's really cool!
I have the original Galaxy Tab, do you have more details on how you set it up?
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

look in my thread i have a kenwood double din that does everything
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

I'd you're a fan of Apple you could go with an iPad mini.
Bennoz wrote:
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

True! Loving all of the suggestions rolling in :) I feel very welcomed. Starting to think FTO drivers are the best crowd..!
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Vectose wrote:Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I still have a head unit. It is behind the tablet. I also have a microphone wired up so I can use Google Now to do voice commands, search the web and type using my voice.

I use an app called Tablet Talk which connects my phone to it so I can make calls and send texts using the tablet.

When I turn the key to the Acc. position the tablet turns on Bluetooth, WiFi, sets volume, sets brightness, keeps the screen on and starts playing music. Turning the car off does the opposite.

I have set my phone to run as a wireless hotspot when it is connected to my cars Bluetooth. So I can stream YouTube and other sites.

Note to myself:
- pick up a Nexus 10
- head over to Vectose's place with two crates of beer
:)

Is the tablet permanently fixed or can you easily detach it and take it away with you if needed?

Right now my phone is Bluetooth paired with the eonon double din. Have set it to auto pair so it connects straight away while I keep the phone on charging. It streams Spotify music via bluetooth and I can make/receive phone calls (have to tap the head unit's screen to make calls and answer them).

I would like the tablet to tilt as well if possible but that would involve a lot of work.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Check the what work did you do to your car today thread. Have posted some more details. Easily removable? It really depends on how solid your stereo surround is, it just sits behind it.

A 10" tablet would be too big and would have to be installed on the outside and held on with velcro or magnets.

I was tossing up between the Nexus 7 and Tab 2 and bought the Tab 2 as I like the better colours and whiter whites. The colours on the Nexus 7 sucked. There's also no expandable memory on Nexus 7 whereas there is on the Tab 2.
Bennoz wrote:
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

oh! I thought you had the galaxy tab 2 10.1? Ah, so 7 inch then....plenty of cheap 7inch around gumtree.... let me start searching :)

I am little bit pissed with Samsung after they screwed up my Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note with EMMC brick bug and haven't bothered fixing it yet :|
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Yeah, just make sure whatever tablet you get it supports Jelly Bean as Google Now is just awesome.
Bennoz wrote:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Keep it on track boys.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Hence why I posted in what work did you do to your car today thread. Feel free to delete or move the last few posts.
Bennoz wrote:
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

^ And girl ^

:D