A/C Compressor

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Mikey D
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

A/C Compressor

Post by Mikey D »

Hi,

Im trying to replace my A/C compressor im struggling to find a recon one. I found a website that says the A/C compressor fitted to my FTO (MR233478) is the same as one fitted to a Mirage (MR315268) does anyone know if this is correct??

Cheers,
Jase726
Grease Monkey

Re: A/C Compressor

Post by Jase726 »

Send Dstocks a message. He'll be able to point you in the right direction. I paid $1400 to have mine sent away and rebuilt. Damaged my budget in a big way.
vanadinite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by vanadinite »

i realise this a late post but for future reference the mirage compressor is the same but has a different nose cone and pulley and will not bolt straight on. I found this out the hard way :(. In the end i took the compressor to Mrcool in Brisbane and they removed my original FTO nose cone and pulley and installed it onto the mirage compresor (they reco'd everything that was swapped over so good as new :) ) and she works perfectly. Unfortunately no one in Australia sells the FTO compressors (not anyone that i could find anyway) so this was my only option.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

vanadinite wrote:i realise this a late post but for future reference the mirage compressor is the same but has a different nose cone and pulley and will not bolt straight on. I found this out the hard way :(. In the end i took the compressor to Mrcool in Brisbane and they removed my original FTO nose cone and pulley and installed it onto the mirage compresor (they reco'd everything that was swapped over so good as new :) ) and she works perfectly. Unfortunately no one in Australia sells the FTO compressors (not anyone that i could find anyway) so this was my only option.
Good to know! :)
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

FYI I will have a spare ac compressor for sale in the next week or so :) just if anyone was looking
vanadinite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by vanadinite »

total cost for the compressor brand new with fto nose cone and pulley refurbed and fitted was $580 which was pretty reasonable i think. all from Mrcool Brisbane