Stuck in 3rd

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

darkshadow
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Stuck in 3rd

Post by darkshadow »

Hi all,

I have a '94 GPX that I just adjusted the TPS on. The revs would spike while the car was rolling in drive at a certain rev range. Stepper motor is fine - replaced it not long ago and there are no idling issues. The car will not move from 3rd gear now though. Even when I try to switch via tip mode it won't budge. Revs are also sitting a little high - about 850rpm in Drive.

My fog lights weren't working so I checked all the fuses also. One of the fuses set off the car alarm - this was in the fuse cluster on the driver's side in the car (top left either 10 or 15A). I'm pretty sure thats the fuse for Accessories, etc. I've come to realise now that the previous owner disconnected them and screwed over the wiring. Also, fuse for the fog lights is in the engine bay! I'm almost positive the gearbox and sensors are fine.

I thought the car may be in limp mode but the lights behind the gear indicator on the dash aren't turning on.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
kiz
SA Coordinator

Re: Stuck in 3rd

Post by kiz »

darkshadow wrote:Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Manual Conversion
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck in 3rd

Post by vipfto »

limp mode check fuse in cabin first then most likely will be input/output sensor, fuse then check error codes if not blown
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI