Moving to SA

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Info about SA

Post by PHIL069 »

ObsidianRadio wrote:See what your family thinks of it and what your FTO thinks of it, and then weigh up their opinions :)
Asked my FTO and she said I just want to be with you, where ever you are. :lol:

Update (due to members trying to speculate)...
On returning from SA my misses and I were heading towards a no.
After more considering we decided that the training/experience that I would be receiving from this opportunity would be very favourable for my career.
We really do need a new adventure in our lives, have been renting the same house for 11 years now.
If we like it in SA after 12 months we will consider purchasing our first home there, we would really love a country homestead on an acreage.

I have done some investigating on moving costs...
Cars put on a train - Sydney to Adelaide - $441each
House contents on a truck - House to house - Approx $3500-$4500
Flights for 3 - Sydney to Adelaide - Approx $300-$500
Bond on rental house - $800-$1200

So...
Phoned the SA HR Manager yesterday and discussed the position/offer further.
They may be able to pay upto $5000 for the house contents and flights, to be confirmed with fiancial manager, I would not have to pay them back unless I leave the position within the first year.
That would leave us with $882 for cars and bond for rental.

Now just waiting on an official letter of offer which will show a start date of 29 April 2013.
Then we will make our final decision.

Anyone within yelling distance of me got any moving boxes? (or maybe Sahin can provide?)
My misses and I can get regular boxes from our works but it would be easier to pack a truck with uniformed sized moving boxes.

Will be having a major clean up and garage sale, may put some items for sale up here, like my old subs.
Anyone need household items? 42" LG Rear provection TV 4:3 $30, desks, bookcases, large architects desk/workshop bench, lawn mowers, whipper snippers, crt monitors, LG tv/video combo etc everything will be going supercheap.
Last edited by PHIL069 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Big decision to make! Hope you're happy whatever the outcome. :thumleft:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Ah! Sucks to hear that you're leaving us NSW folk but on the other hand it's good to hear that you're making progress with your career. Wish you and the family all the best mate :thumleft:
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Daniel2019 wrote:Ah! Sucks to hear that you're leaving us NSW folk but on the other hand it's good to hear that you're making progress with your career. Wish you and the family all the best mate :thumleft:
At least its not qld hahaha
gotta get there one day :)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

ZFL45H1 wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:Ah! Sucks to hear that you're leaving us NSW folk but on the other hand it's good to hear that you're making progress with your career. Wish you and the family all the best mate :thumleft:
Good point, phil might leave there with his missus, leave her there, and come back to Sydney in 2 years with a husband :lol:
I fix cars.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Daniel2019 wrote:
ZFL45H1 wrote:
Good point, phil might leave there with his missus, leave her there, and come back to Sydney in 2 years with a husband :lol:
Daniel, wash you mouth out with soap. :slap: :arrow:
Not even QLD could turn me ghay.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

:lol:
gotta get there one day :)
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Phil! i could bring a fuckload of professional moving boxes/tape/butchers paper and bubble wrap to your house on the way to bonfire! and could you not rent a truck and drive it down to SA? i have my truck license?
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I have a MR truck license myself.
I believe it would be more expensive, hire cost of truck, extra payment for extra truck km's, diesel fuel there and back.
1500 km each way.

My brother moved a shorter distance and it cost him $7000 hiring a truck and fuel.
It will only cost me $3500-$4500.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Sahin wrote:Phil! i could bring a fuckload of professional moving boxes/tape/butchers paper and bubble wrap to your house on the way to bonfire!
How much $$ and you can only fit so much in an FTO ;)
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

PHIL069 wrote:
Sahin wrote:Phil! i could bring a fuckload of professional moving boxes/tape/butchers paper and bubble wrap to your house on the way to bonfire!
How much $$ and you can only fit so much in an FTO ;)
Dont worry about money! lol just pay me with veilside ;) hahaha
i'll fit as much as i can in! you'd be amazed at what you can fit in an fto!
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Under consideration...

Maybe half a Veilside ;)

Will keep you informed, still waiting on offer from SA.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Phil, Go talk to your local coles/woolies. Theyll give you boxes for free as they have to pay to get them removed.We grab them all the time for packing plants. You just want the bigger ones.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

PHIL069 wrote:
    Daniel2019 wrote:
    ZFL45H1 wrote:
    Daniel, wash you mouth out with soap. :slap: :arrow:
    Not even QLD could turn me ghay.
    Dunno mate, its pretty fruity up there :lol:
    I fix cars.
    PHIL069
    Oldtimer

Moving to SA

Post by PHIL069 »

I am moving to South Australia!

I have received my letter of offer and I have accepted it.
    I have asked for a start date of 29th April.
    They will contibute $5000 towards moving costs less the $1000 already used on my recent trip there. So $4000 left to spend on relocation, any further expense is out of my pocket.
    They will also provide a short term loan if required.
    I have asked the stores department at my work for boxes and they are going to start putting them aside for me.
    Now I need to sort, sell, pack and/or dispose of our stuff. Sercure a rental property, book a removalist (looking into self-pack containers/pods) and book car transport.

A new career awaits. :P
    Sahin
    HULK

Re: Moving to SA

Post by Sahin »

PHIL069 wrote:I am moving to South Australia!

They will contibute $5000 towards moving costs less the $1000 already used on my recent trip there. So $4000 left to spend on relocation, any further expense is out of my pocket.
    I have asked the stores department at my work for boxes and they are going to start putting them aside for me.
    Now I need to sort, sell, pack and/or dispose of our stuff. Sercure a rental property, book a removalist (looking into self-pack containers/pods) and book car transport.

Boxes all at the front then your low lying entertainment units and swqaure shaped things with matresses and bed bases to block all the boxes and small stuff in
    Followed by couches on the left and fridges on the right to couteract the camber of the road and the body roll of the truck put your bed peices in the left over space in the middle
    Then your kitchen table standing up tied up feet into the wall and inside the table put your washing machine on the ground and dryer on top of washing machine (padded) followed by barbeque and all your cabinets and bed side tables on the right.. then finish off the container with your garage sh*t lol
    Did i miss anything apart from punctuation?
    Taz
    Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

f**k that Sahin, just gangsta it in - most of the OP's i work with do :lol:

My biggest tip Phil - make sure all the boxes are the same, or you will piss off the removalists, and will costs extra for the extra time and space they take up ;)
    Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
    Vectose
    Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Sahin wrote:Did i miss anything
    Yeah, his life sized Lara Croft statue and his thousands of Tomb Raider/Lara Croft collectibles. :lol:
    Bennoz wrote:
    Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
    A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
    ObsidianRadio
    Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

PHIL069 wrote:I am moving to South Australia!

BRING AS MANY SPARE PARTS FOR YOUR FTO AS YOU CAN SO I CAN "DISPOSE" OF THEM ALL. :cheers:

Oh, and a big warm welcome to the dysfunctional South Australia FTOAU family! :D
    Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
    http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
    PHIL069
    Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Vectose wrote:
    Sahin wrote:Did i miss anything
    Yeah, his life sized Lara Croft statue and his thousands of Tomb Raider/Lara Croft collectibles. :lol:
    :lol:
    ...and FTO parts, bass and electric guitars, amps, pool table, drum kit, 4 big toolboxes + roller cab, multible surround systems, 2 telescopes and all the computers. :twisted:
    ...but no dining table (I made it into the pool table), no outdoor gear (chuckin or selling BBQ, mowers, whipper snippers and outdoor furn), selling most of our cabinets, side boards, draws, dryer, dishwasher + heaps moar.