Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Moving to SA

Post by PHIL069 »

We arrived safely late yesterday afternoon :D
We are now in our rental house, it is a bit old but will do us for now as we will buy our own home here in 6-12 months if the job works out OK. But the rental does have a huge garage/shed :cheers:

We were supposed to leave the Central Coast on Monday morning after the container was picked up, but the shipping company didn't book the transport :x we waited there from 7am, by 1pm I was on the phone demanding a truck to come as we had to hand in the keys for the rental, they found a truck and picked it up at 5pm. Now we won't receive our container in SA until Monday afternoon.

The trip was fun, we stopped in Canberra for a day and done all the tourist stuff, revvved the sh*t out of the FTO in the underground car park of Parliment House :cheeky: .Went up to Telstra Tower for a night view and the Vectras' battery died and we had to "holla for a Marshall" one hour and $280 later we headed back to the hotel without actually getting to go up the tower :roll:

The rest of the trip went without incident, overnight stays in Canberra, Hay and Berri.
Took heaps of pics and will post some shortly.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

good to hear you got there safely mate. Sounds like you're spending the weekend in an empty house?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

BorepYano wrote:good to hear you got there safely mate. Sounds like you're spending the weekend in an empty house?
Yes an empty house, we had air beds with us in the cars and we had to spend $500 yesterday on some kitchen appliances and table/chairs.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

It seems ironic to me that to get new members in SA we have to import them. :lol:

Did you make a video of the Parliament House car park? :cheeky:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

bjk wrote:It seems ironic to me that to get new members in SA we have to import them. :lol:

Nah, after looking around Parliment House and returning to the cars I thought this car park is very echoeeee and what better place to make noise. There where quite a few people down there, got into my FTO, people were already checking it out, started it up, blasted the airhorns, revvved it up to 7000rpm, took off in first gear hitting Mivec before reaching the exit, it sounded awesome. Misses followed me out in the Vectra very embarrased.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

PHIL069 wrote:
bjk wrote:It seems ironic to me that to get new members in SA we have to import them. :lol:

Nah, after looking around Parliment House and returning to the cars I thought this car park is very echoeeee and what better place to make noise. There where quite a few people down there, got into my FTO, people were already checking it out, started it up, blasted the airhorns, revvved it up to 7000rpm, took off in first gear hitting Mivec before reaching the exit, it sounded awesome. Misses followed me out in the Vectra very embarrased.
umm..
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

silverGPX wrote:
PHIL069 wrote:

umm..
Got to have some fun every once in a while, there were no people in harms way, the engine was still warm and it just had to be done.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

PHIL069 wrote:Got to have some fun every once in a while, and it just had to be done.
Damn straight! :thumright:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

PHIL069 wrote:
BorepYano wrote:good to hear you got there safely mate. Sounds like you're spending the weekend in an empty house?
Yes an empty house, we had air beds with us in the cars and we had to spend $500 yesterday on some kitchen appliances and table/chairs.
At least you don't have an air mattress like mine :P

Good to know you reached safe and sound. All the best in SA :)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Some pics of the trip...

Journey is about to begin...

Pheasants Nest...

Lake George, ACT...

ACT...

Captians Cook Fountain, ACT...

You are now Knighted Sir Jnr 069...

Old derelict servo, Fallout 3...

NSW, Outback...

SA, Outback...

SA, Outback...
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

whats with that damn bag! :lol:
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Taz wrote:whats with that damn bag! :lol:
Its the flask that sidds left at phils place on the way back from the bonfire lol
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Phil
you are my new hero
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Well Phil, I now officially welcome you to the SA FTO team. I did have some celebratory drinks but I drank the whole bottle myself :/.

Will have to get you to Adelaide some time for a meet.
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Mm, nice angle. Think you should paint those bits on the lower indent of the bumper black though!