Discount Optimax here we come - Woohoo!!!

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Discount Optimax here we come - Woohoo!!!

Post by GPXXX »

Can't wait... About bloody time too!! sick of paying $60 a week for petrol...

http://www.shell.com/home/ExitPage?URL= ... Source=CON

should get my grocery list sorted soon... haha, :wink:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmmm I hate 2 bust the bubble but how much do u think u can really save??? Let just say u save 4c a litre, so for every 100L you save $4.00, & FTO is around 60L tank, that mean u save around $2.40!!!

I'm sure u need 2 do a mininum purchase before u get the discount as well, so let do some maths here! Using $30 as minimum purchase like Safeway (Woolworth) did, that mean u be buying on average 20 items, and let just say Coles Myer going to put up 1c on every item they sell (I'm sure is going to be more then that), that mean u would pay 20c more then usual.

So u really saving $2.20 on minimum purchase with a full tank of petrol!! Can u imagine if you get a huge list of shopping? How much will u really save then??

Now 20c per customer may not seems 2 be a lot, but if u multiply that by normal 5000-10000 customer per day each store, plus maybe extra 1500-2000 customer due to this promotion. Coles Myer had just profit extra $3000 per store each day!!!!

So whos the real winner here????
EyezOnMei
Apprentice

Post by EyezOnMei »

Lol, yeah really those discounts are such a psychological thing, still its painful when normal ULP is at 79/78c and your still paying like 87/88c per litre for PULP at Shell. I pump shell cos its the closest to my house but once tried the Safeway premium, fuel economy went down though.
Meanwhile, did people know all fuel in Victoria (even at BP and Caltex stations) come from either Shell or Mobil as they're the only oil depots in Victoria (its different in other states, I think all oil from WA is from BP). So either way you're pumping shell or mobil in Victoria, but of course the servos could have additives in the pumping stage.
I'm (assuming I pass all exams with D or above average) going to be working at Shell (not a servo station but at the company office etc) soon, I hope I can finally find something about the fuel and see if what I've been pumping every week is actually worth it, but my mentor who worked at ExxonMobil for like 20+ years says Mobil can be well trusted, but then again so did the Shell interviewer who interviewed me (that was one of my questions lol).
Anyway, a discount is a discount and $2 per week is extra $104 a year! 1/3 of a custom plate or something =P
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Heheheh good point, but u 4got the cost of the grocery!! So r u really saving those $2 per wk or u paying extra $2 out of your grocery instead???
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

If you had a shell mastercard - you would earn 1-2% rebate, then if you also used your flybuys card.....

So in the end the amount you save, will probably be less than half a cent per litre?

But then again I'd rather that money in my pocket than somebody elses.

Interesting to note that on the Shell price guide, that the Sydney "Shell and Retail margin" of 12.8 cents per litre is second only the Northern Territory of 20.0 - all other states are lower.

The refinery price of petrol is around 31.5 cents per litre...the rest is tax.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

who cares about the price of grocery?? i don't have to pay for 'em... the company does, haha... :wink: i just keep the receipts and reap the fuel discount!

might not sound like much savings, but it is still money back in my pocket, enough to even get me a Hungry Jack's meal!

...now you see why i'm excited LOL
scracy
Grease Monkey

cheaper optimax

Post by scracy »

im with you fto 338 4 cents per litre big deal my car runs better on synergy 8000 anyway! :roll:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmmm in that case 02NV i shouldn't worry about anything at all, cause company pays 4 my petrol!! :twisted:

Company pays 4 your grocery?? u mean your entertainment expense! eheheheheh

Ohhh & Scracy welcome back, howz your new place going???
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

well, the company does not pay for my grocery, coz we run our own cafeteria at work so the company pays for its own grocery needs (but i keep the receipts)

...hmmm, maybe my company should oughtta pay for my petrol expenses as well LOL..!! gee i sound like a rort...