Replacing brake disk rotors

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

destinationtoby
Broke it
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Replacing brake disk rotors

Post by destinationtoby »

hey guys can someone tell me what this is? sensor of some sort?
noticed it yesterday and looks dodgy
Attachments
image.jpg
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

That is your oil pressure switch/sensor.
Last edited by PHIL069 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Super dodge! lol
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Rule of thumb is always to change pads when changing rotors. I also flush brake fluid with rotors.
destinationtoby
Broke it

shadowarrior wrote:Rule of thumb is always to change pads when changing rotors. I also flush brake fluid with rotors.

Farrakhanell now you guys have me worried
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

destinationtoby wrote:$75 but with the rotors i ordered tierod ends,gaskets,timing belt kit and radiator cap. $75 postage for the lot not sure how much for disks alone
Just got a quote back from Camskill, 90GBP shipping for just the front rotors, and 110GBP shipping for front and rears.

Are you sure they just charged you $75? Because the shipping price when you checkout is only for up to 5kg's, they should email you after the purchase to tell you they will charge more for the extra weight.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
destinationtoby
Broke it

Vectose wrote:
destinationtoby wrote:$75 but with the rotors i ordered tierod ends,gaskets,timing belt kit and radiator cap. $75 postage for the lot not sure how much for disks alone
Just got a quote back from Camskill, 90GBP shipping for just the front rotors, and 110GBP shipping for front and rears.

Are you sure they just charged you $75? Because the shipping price when you checkout is only for up to 5kg's, they should email you after the purchase to tell you they will charge more for the extra weight.

Yeah man my invoice here says total for the items 310GBP plus 50GPB for carriage
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Yeah I smell bs
fraz91
Hair-do

Post by fraz91 »

shadowarrior wrote:Rule of thumb is always to change pads when changing rotors. I also flush brake fluid with rotors.
Another one that's often overlooked is to sand the rust and crap off the hub surface when changing the rotors, so that the rotor has a perfectly flat surface to mate to. Otherwise you can get DTV (Disc Thickness Variation) and uneven wear on a brand new rotor simply because it isn't sitting flat.
I'll have an FTO one day... i swear!

until then:
1. 2001 Merc-Benz A160 (porta-loo on wheels)
2. 2007 Peugeot 307 TDi (more fun than you'd expect)
3. [url=ttp://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25373]2009 Mitsubishi Triton Di-D (a monster in its own right)[/url]
4. 1992 Nissan NX Coupe (club car and project car)
5. 1996 Holden SB Barina - "The Nugget"
6. 1996 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport - The Budget Build
7. 2010 Toyota Landcruiser 76 Series - V8 Goodness... - Build coming soon.
8. 1990 Audi 90 manual - The delightfully dignified daily driver
Astron_Boy wrote:No correction needed Gen Y, you are correct.
Bennoz wrote:My rubbing happens on the inside.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

fraz91 wrote:
Another one that's often overlooked is to sand the rust and crap off the hub surface when changing the rotors, so that the rotor has a perfectly flat surface to mate to. Otherwise you can get DTV (Disc Thickness Variation) and uneven wear on a brand new rotor simply because it isn't sitting flat.
good point :thumleft:
destinationtoby
Broke it

silverGPX wrote:Yeah I smell bs

Why would I bs about any of that idiot

I didn't even check what was taken from my account but that's what the invoice reads and is what it said when I checked out , plus why would I pay more for postage then what I pay for the rotors? It would be cheaper to get a pair off eBay at that price.
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
destinationtoby
Broke it

shadowarrior wrote:
fraz91 wrote:
good point :thumleft:

I actually cleaned,sanded, wire brushed everything in that area and behind. I'm going to get some new pads today, just to be safe
Thanks guys
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

I would suggest you actually check your account because what Camskill do is charge you (and give you an invoice) the amount with 50GBP shipping. Then afterwards they review your order and charge you the additional shipping fees.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)