For sale: 6A13TT VR4 Setup SYD $1500

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BI65ND
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

For sale: 6A13TT VR4 Setup SYD $1500

Post by BI65ND »

Hi all,

For sale I have a 6A13TT setup. I purchased the remaining parts of a front cut off a forum member on ozvr4 who did a manual conversion on his VR4 galant. He used the gearbox, shifter, linkages, engine loom and ECU. I got what was left which was perfect as the AWD gearbox and parts were no use to me. I then purchased the additional parts required for the swap separately. However have now decided to go in a different direction, as it's not really suitable for what I want to use the car for. As the halfcut was used for the manual conversion, the engine and sections of the wiring have been unbolted from the halfcut shell.

What's included in the parts:
6A13TT engine
VR4 engine loom and plastic case ECU from a manual legnum (which I purchased separately)
VR4 standard intercooler and hoses
VR4 Dash loom and dash parts
Assorted other bits and pieces

Will be looking for about $2000 neg (may separate parts if you already have a gearbox)

Please contact me via PM preferably or if you want to call or text my number is 0432 889 366

Ian
Last edited by BI65ND on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Re: EOI: 6A13TT VR4 Conversion parts SYD

Post by aza013 »

What is your location?
What are the K's on it?
Has it been test started?
BI65ND
Apprentice

Post by BI65ND »

Hey mate,
There is 136xxx kms on it. Car was started before the manual parts were removed and I have been told it ran well with no tappet noise. I am in mortdale and have the gearbox here, but the halfcut parts are still in the workshop that did the swap in Hornsby. I was in the process of getting it delivered to my house but it is probably better sitting inside the workshop rather than in the weather here until it sells.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Also are the turbos still with it?
BI65ND
Apprentice

Post by BI65ND »

aza013 wrote:Also are the turbos still with it?
Haha yeah of course. Basically all that's gone is the manual gearbox and transfer case, and the original loom and ecu, which I have purchased separately and have here.
BI65ND
Apprentice

Re: For sale: 6A13TT VR4 Conversion parts SYD $2k

Post by BI65ND »

Ok officially for sale now, have changed plans so this has to go.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Hey mate,

If I were to take out the gearbox, clutch, flywheel, shifter linkages, what would a ballpark figure be? (I already have all of this, basically interested in engine and ECU related parts)

Just a thought at the moment.

Cheers
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Daniel2019 wrote:Hey mate,

If I were to take out the gearbox, clutch, flywheel, shifter linkages, what would a ballpark figure be? (I already have all of this, basically interested in engine and ECU related parts)

Cheers
Did you even read the thread?
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Kustom wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:Hey mate,

Cheers
Did you even read the thread?
What's included in the parts:
6A13TT engine
VR4 engine loom and plastic case ECU from a manual legnum (purchased separately)
VR4 standard intercooler and hoses
VR4 Dash loom and dash parts
FTO gearbox - dont need
FTO Clutch and flywheel - dont need
FTO shifter linkages - dont need
Assorted other bits and pieces

Will be looking for about $2000 neg (may separate parts if you already have a gearbox)

Yes... I realized the PM part after I posted and sent a PM.

I was asking for a ballpark figure for just the engine and ECU bits?

Am I missing something :lol:
I fix cars.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Daniel2019 wrote:Am I missing something :lol:
Aza maybe ;)
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
BI65ND
Apprentice

Post by BI65ND »

PM replied Daniel
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

What would the labour costs be roughly, to do this conversion does anyone know?
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

I dare say probably not too much. Only modification needed is to the rear turbo I believe. Apart from that it's pretty much straight forward.
I fix cars.
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

Daniel2019 wrote:I dare say probably not too much. Only modification needed is to the rear turbo I believe. Apart from that it's pretty much straight forward.
so are we talkin under $1500 to put in?
hmm so damn keen to get this but so unsure weather or not ill able to get the job done right :/
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Daniel2019 wrote:I dare say probably not too much. Only modification needed is to the rear turbo I believe. Apart from that it's pretty much straight forward.
:lol:
BI65ND
Apprentice

Post by BI65ND »

I havent had much of a look or experience with FTOs but with mirages it requires the brake prop valve and lines to be moved as they're on the firewall and clash with the rear turbo. The front waste gate also clashes with the slave cylinder on the gear box so it needs an adaptor made to move the waste gate - there are probably other ways around this but this is the method we were going to use. Also requires slimline fans, preferably mounted in front of the radiator. And in the mirage the washer bottle sits where the intercooler piping goes so I modified an evo overflow bottle to use as the new reservoir.

Not sure how much of this is the same as the fto but it should be pretty similar.
BI65ND
Apprentice

Post by BI65ND »

destinationtoby wrote:What would the labour costs be roughly, to do this conversion does anyone know?
No idea, best bet would be to ring a couple of places. I'll pm you the name of the shop where the halfcut is if you want, they are one place that would do such a swap. Also probably enquire at the shop bennoz had his done.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

BI65ND wrote:I havent had much of a look or experience with FTOs but with mirages it requires the brake prop valve and lines to be moved as they're on the firewall and clash with the rear turbo. The front waste gate also clashes with the slave cylinder on the gear box so it needs an adaptor made to move the waste gate - there are probably other ways around this but this is the method we were going to use. Also requires slimline fans, preferably mounted in front of the radiator. And in the mirage the washer bottle sits where the intercooler piping goes so I modified an evo overflow bottle to use as the new reservoir.

Not sure how much of this is the same as the fto but it should be pretty similar.
Yeah its pretty similar, I either had to move the brake lines or move the turbo, I ended up moving the turbo. Same issue with front waste gate, made up a little bracket & extended the waste gate arm to suit.
I did 2 x 12" slimline fans, but on the inside. Didn't have to move the FTO washer bottle.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Bennoz wrote:
And why is that funny? As a mechanical engineer you should know that ANY engine conversion only requires mods to the rear turbo.

6A12 Mivec into a Mirage? Mod the rear turbo.

4g63 into smart car? Dont even worry about it, mod the rear turbo and it's good to go.
I fix cars.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Daniel2019 wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
And why is that funny? As a mechanical engineer you should know that ANY engine conversion only requires mods to the rear turbo.

6A12 Mivec into a Mirage? Mod the rear turbo.

4g63 into smart car? Dont even worry about it, mod the rear turbo and it's good to go.
If you can fit the 4G63 I have in to my wifes Smart Car, I'll give you $1.00.

And on with the sale.

Buy it Aza.
I can help you move it in the cute trailer. :lol: