Hot start issues

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jase726
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hot start issues

Post by Jase726 »

Every morning my car starts first click of the key. Has done every morning for the last 11 years. Even when its hot. However lately unless its that first start in the morning it winds for a few seconds before it kicks. I was thinking plugs, leads or coils however when I had it in getting a few things done the other day the mechanic said it sounded like a timing issue. He couldn't get it to do it again while it was in so for the time being I've put it on hold. Any ideas?
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Re: Hot start issues

Post by ZFL45H1 »

I wouldn't think timing would be the issue I have never heard of an engine jumping a tooth on its own I especially if its been fine for so many years
Could be stepper motor but id wait for more experienced people to jump on this :)
gotta get there one day :)
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Something obviously doesn't like the heat. Could be a sensor or even something electrical. It's not your timing.
Jase726
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase726 »

If it gets hot and you turn it off it starts straight away. Leave it for 30mins and it plays up. I'll do the plugs etc and if I get no love it can go to the mechanic$$$.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Would say starter motor on way out, common issue prob full of oil from being dripped on from filter
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI