How low can you go?

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Daniel2019
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: How low can you go?

Post by Daniel2019 »

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope it all works out for you.

In terms of saving some moneys, I know in NSW if you call them about paying fines and things and explain a situation where you're low on income/have none, that you can pay the fines off with smaller fortnightly payments rather than all of them in bulk (i.e. $20 every two weeks)

I dont really know a lot about the other stuff, apart from Centrelink, who SHOULD pay you a lump some from between the time you first applied and to the time you get your first payment (I've had a few mates do it)

And I hate to say it.. but.. you're probably gonna have to sell a couple of, or all of, your cars.

As mentioned dont borrow money to pay money back if you can avoid it. That won't end well.

But yeah, sorry to hear man. Here's to hoping it all works out for you bud.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

destinationtoby wrote:
Taz wrote:Well one of the cars is the Red FTO, which im sure i dont have to explain that one.
What's wrong with it?, swear I saw it for sale a while ago
Let's just say someone got pissed and flooded it
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

Don't mean to be harsh but do you really think you've tried hard enough?

Instead of borrowing more $$$, why don't you do some temp job?

and before you start pointing your finger on family/relatives who refused to lend $$$ to you, try to think what you can do with both of your hands?

Your dad is right on not lending you $$$, as he hope you'll learn to survive and learn the lesson, just so next time you'll be better on managing your $$$ & savings..
He don't want to see his son to be in debt the whole life without any savings and shitt stuffs like GF got pregnant by accident while too poor for anything but abortion, or don't have $$$ for baby's milk and have to beg for Centrelink to feed your own baby.

Try apply for those asian food stores/cafe as a cleaner and wash their dishes/pots/toilets,
though the pay is going to be shittt and even lower than min. wage, but better than nothing.

It's better than waking up late in the morning, looking at the mirror, trying to convince yourself you'll get your dream job soon and keep on dreaming.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Congrats on filling a whole post with sh*t andrew.

so you think his FATHER is spot on by intentionally letting his son get chased by creditors, destroy his rating for ~7 years, get thrown out into the street and have no form of transport to get to and from work when he gets a job? You would be a horrible father if you followed this train of thought... :facepalm2:

Do you really think hes not looking for a 'temp job'? Hes just mentioned hes applied for numerous places including mcdonalds..
And talking about abortion n sh*t? wtf?
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Taz wrote:Well one of the cars is the Red FTO, which im sure i dont have to explain that one.
One is the Black FTO, which you probably dont want to sell your only source of transport when you get a job.
Not sure what the other one is, but it might not be viable - i.e. have a loan against it or something.
The other car is a late model SX Celica (facelift shape) and it owned 50/50 wth the missus, so I can't sell it. :(

I travel 1 and a half hours to get to uni every day, and public transport doesn't reach where I'm living...
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

destinationtoby wrote:
What's wrong with it?, swear I saw it for sale a while ago
Everything. :facepalm:
Jack

BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

ObsidianRadio wrote:
I travel 1 and a half hours to get to uni every day, and public transport doesn't reach where I'm living...
well fair enough. what are you doing at uni? what skills/work exp do you have? speak another language? just brain storming.

Look, what Andrew said has some sense, if you ignore most of it. lol
- don't borrow money to pay debts back
- even apply for the dodgy cash in hand jobs.. any money is better than no money
- don't rely on family bailing you out

I'd also like to add to the last point, I've seen what can happen when family bails the kid out. Not going to go into details (mostly because I'll end up writing an essay), short version: his parents bailed him out of all sort of bs, and he's worse off for it and still going down hill. Obviously it sounds like you are at the extreme other end of the scale to him, but the point still remains.

And obviously we don't know your full situation, and it's not our place to judge. You posted the thread to vent/ask for advice. Pretty much all the options and useful opinions are already mentioned, so good luck.

Andrew & Taz, your points have been made, now drop it. I actually think I know what u r both getting at there, but please think about how something will sound and if it's appropriate to post it or not, before you hit the submit button.
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

I think you should sell any assets you can live without (such as extra cars) and ring up Centrelink to see what the issue is. A lot of the time they just want additional information from you but don't actually contact you properly to say that's what they want.

As said, debt consolidation might also be an option. You can take a loan out to pay off the current ones and put the term to the maximum of 7 years to keep the repayments down per week. You'll probably need some form of income before you do this though.
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

So I just got rejected from McDonald's AND KFC on the same day. :facepalm:

Starting to think that either I'm too expensive for them, i'm over-qualified, or one of my references isn't exactly talking me up like they should be...

Meanwhile, Centrelink still can't tell me when I'll be paid. :cheers:

How much would a car dealership give me for an average 1995 GR in stock condition?
Jack

Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

ObsidianRadio wrote:So I just got rejected from McDonald's AND KFC on the same day. :facepalm:

Starting to think that either I'm too expensive for them, i'm over-qualified, or one of my references isn't exactly talking me up like they should be...

How much would a car dealership give me for an average 1995 GR in stock condition?
About $300...
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Sahin wrote:
ObsidianRadio wrote:So I just got rejected from McDonald's AND KFC on the same day. :facepalm:

About $300...
That'd be right. Would someone consider it for $5000 ONO privately? It's in a pretty decent condition, no roof rust :cheers:
Jack

Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

You'd get like 1500 for it at a dealer mate..
I fix cars.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

I highly doubt youll get anything more than 1k at most especially for a cash deal over a trade. Dealers already offer well below the value of a car, and then even more so for a cash deal.
You could get 3x more just as quick to a member on here/carsales
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Taz wrote:I highly doubt youll get anything more than 1k at most especially for a cash deal over a trade. Dealers already offer well below the value of a car, and then even more so for a cash deal.
You could get 3x more just as quick to a member on here/carsales
Err.. I got offered 2.5k for mine. Shoulda taken it but it was early days when I was trying to get more for it for this next project.
I fix cars.