License Test

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shadowarrior
Tightarse
jedwabna poszewka promocja

License Test

Post by shadowarrior »

So am sitting for the practical driving test on Monday and had to shift to the FTO instead of the Pajero as well 2 days before the test. I had been practicing on the Pajero since I have way more vision on it, and hence feel easier to parallel park in tight spots etc.

Have a question for those who have recently given their test, or someone who would know about this, is rolling a cm in front while doing a 3 point U-turn an insta fail? Same goes for a teeny weeny cm roll back on the hill start? Am fine with the hill start but sometimes the car would roll a cm ahead on the three point turn. :\
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: License Test

Post by Taz »

shouldnt be a problem if its only a cm, hill start you would expect a cm - but make sure you do the handbrake as well in front of them :D
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

As above, if you roll over a M then you are best off parking the car turning it off and give the keys to the person that is testing you lol.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Haha :p I don't roll on slopes at all. I just noticed today while doing my three point turn.... i took the right... shifted to reverse... and was about to reverse, then complete the u turn. But the car went like mm in front while going reverse. Just that micro second of leaving the brake and stepping on the accelerator. I can always counter it by putting the hand brake on. :)

Btw, the passenger window switch broken, is that a road worthy issue? I have to take a 'road worthy car' to the test. I can roll the window up or down from the driver's side controls.

@taz do you still have the passenger side mirror switch assembly?
Last edited by shadowarrior on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Just leave it rolled down or come round today or tomorrow arvo and i can fit a working one for you ;)
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

If they say any thing about it ( but they should not ) just tell them that you have that side locked out, then you just open it or close it for them. But not when you are driving, do it before you set off.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Thanks Aza, I guess I'll take my chance with the window then :)

I am still confused about their 'rule' for hill start. One of the videos posted in RACQ website (who works with Transport Authority here for Learner Driver Training) says use the hand brake to get to the friction point, then release the hand brake and balance for 2 seconds using just the clutch and accelerator. Isn't that straining my clutch? Shouldn't a car always be on either hand or foot brake when stationary? (as a rule?) I always stop at the slope, use the hand brake and have the car balancing on clutch and accelerator (not much on the accelerator, so it isn't revving like crazy, and haven't let go of the clutch all the way out so that it's not trying to wobble up against the hand brake)...when the lights go green, I release the handbrake while disengaging the clutch and pressing the accelerator....and the car moves up smoothly, no rolls.

All these so called 'rules' are confusing the *peep* out of me. :\

Source:
Video no 14. Hill Start from that list:
http://www.learn2go.com.au/learner_driv ... lls_videos
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

This is why u have official driving lessons.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

They're gonna be picky as hell on you doing the test in a sports car.

Goodluck !
Taz wrote:When funds allow
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Kustom wrote:They're gonna be picky as hell on you doing the test in a sports car.

Goodluck !
Thanks mate :P
That's exactly the reason why I wanted to take the Pajero...keeping a low profile and act like a noob..looks like destiny had different plans for me....here goes $40 into the gutter :|
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

shadowarrior wrote:Thanks Aza, I guess I'll take my chance with the window then :)

I am still confused about their 'rule' for hill start. One of the videos posted in RACQ website (who works with Transport Authority here for Learner Driver Training) says use the hand brake to get to the friction point, then release the hand brake and balance for 2 seconds using just the clutch and accelerator. Isn't that straining my clutch? Shouldn't a car always be on either hand or foot brake when stationary? (as a rule?) I always stop at the slope, use the hand brake and have the car balancing on clutch and accelerator (not much on the accelerator, so it isn't revving like crazy, and haven't let go of the clutch all the way out so that it's not trying to wobble up against the hand brake)...when the lights go green, I release the handbrake while disengaging the clutch and pressing the accelerator....and the car moves up smoothly, no rolls.

All these so called 'rules' are confusing the *peep* out of me. :\

Source:
Video no 14. Hill Start from that list:
http://www.learn2go.com.au/learner_driv ... lls_videos
At the end of the day all you need to worry about is staying calm and not worry about being tested.
You know how to drive so just get in there and get it done :D .
Good luck with it mate you will be fine.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Hell effing ya... i passed :)
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

:cheers: Congratulations mate!
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Congratulations!
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

ash1987
Grease Monkey

Post by ash1987 »

grats mate
1998 gpvr aero
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Post by FTOwnage »

Well done!
FTO GPvR 6A13 Single Turbo (Almost finished....)
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

*gets off the footpath*
LED ALL the things.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

LOL :P

I didn't even have a single 'non critical driving error'.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Well done :D
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol: