Need something, Put it in here.
Private Sales Only

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

destinationtoby
Broke it
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: This front bar!

Post by destinationtoby »

silverGPX wrote: I reckon it'll be heaps better.

thats what she said
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

I reckon it needs a bit of lip like the facelift has. Bottom of the bar looks a little sparse.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

the problem with this is (and ive gone through this before because I've made my own t's factory front bar) is creating a good bond between your plastic bumper and the fibreglass. If you didnt know already fibreaglass does not stick to plastic at all... so you have to rely on bonding agents and epoxys to help make it stick but even then its not very good, your gonna get cracks sooner or later due to vibrations, bumps, heat expansion ect.

If your going to make this then I'd definitely recommend not using the original and instead getting a mould made and using a full fibreglass replica, in which case it would cost more...
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Tippin wrote:the problem with this is (and ive gone through this before because I've made my own t's factory front bar) is creating a good bond between your plastic bumper and the fibreglass. If you didnt know already fibreaglass does not stick to plastic at all... so you have to rely on bonding agents and epoxys to help make it stick but even then its not very good, your gonna get cracks sooner or later due to vibrations, bumps, heat expansion ect.

If your going to make this then I'd definitely recommend not using the original and instead getting a mould made and using a full fibreglass replica, in which case it would cost more...
Problem being he's doing this because it looked free at first glance.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

Yeah if I can't find a good filler, ill just have to keep the original fog lights .
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Tippin wrote:the problem with this is (and ive gone through this before because I've made my own t's factory front bar) is creating a good bond between your plastic bumper and the fibreglass. If you didnt know already fibreaglass does not stick to plastic at all... so you have to rely on bonding agents and epoxys to help make it stick but even then its not very good, your gonna get cracks sooner or later due to vibrations, bumps, heat expansion ect.

Problem with me owning the original Dwaynes bar, i was thinking about selling it and just getting a copy but i really cbf'ed with the expense now.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

silverGPX wrote:

Problem with me owning the original Dwaynes bar, i was thinking about selling it and just getting a copy but i really cbf'ed with the expense now.
Didn't realize that was the original !
Taz wrote:When funds allow
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Kustom wrote:
silverGPX wrote:

Didn't realize that was the original !
Yah man, its got huge chunks of bog in it lol, thats why it was pink before it got sprayed (instead of black), its actually a red facelift, im not sure what the DC lip colour is. I scraped it when i got it painted and theres stress cracks everywhere. Only noticable up close though.