1995 FTO GPX 175,000km - best offer [ACT]

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sahin
HULK
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: 1995 FTO GPX 175,000km - best offer [ACT]

Post by Sahin »

It only needs a new $80 waterpump lol and when you swap in an engine you do a timing belt and waterpump anyway so why would you replace the engine and make yourself more work?
That and a rocker cover gasket replacement and the engine in it will be fine...?? ohwell :geny:
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Cheers aza I thought so too :)

I love how all of you are assuming this and that.
Ive been talking to him, and all ill say is that most of you dont know sh*t and all your doing is making me laugh at your assumptions.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

fair enough
:)
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Taz wrote:Cheers aza I thought so too :)

I love how all of you are assuming this and that.
Ive been talking to him, and all ill say is that most of you dont know sh*t and all your doing is making me laugh at your assumptions.
If that is directed at me it is a tad bit harsh..

But what they say about opinions is true.. Everyone will have one.. None of us have talked to the guy and just making an assumption about text. If a water pump is leaking, it is the sign it is broken. Waterpump broken = first thing to do is overheat. Dont have to be a mechanical engineer there..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

and not really, he says that the engine is overheating as well these other problems. leaks caused overheating which caused??? blownhead

matt, i dont think "too proud has anything to do with it" maybe its just convenient that he has a greatworking engine and is buying an fto with a broken engine

just curious as to what has taz keen to get the car when its so far away
Same reason I would have if I had a spare engine lying around. Much easier to do a full engine swap than to do water pump and belts. With a new engine, itll be worth a lot more as long as the cost is below 3K to get it back (which it will be), hell be ahead. Looks nice and straight apart from the engine, so will make a great daily drive.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Taz
    Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

more directed at sahin if anything. Its not just a simple waterpump issue - and if it was, like dwayne explained its going to cost me nothing to swap in my engine at home, which i know to be strong and in perfect working order with little to no maintenance needed for a long time (also lower km's and not knocking ritici but guarantee it has a better history)
    I will probably later down the track try and restore the engine when i have the money/can be bothered but right now the goal is a car for as little money as possible, and for under 2k delivered to my door its a steal.
    Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!