2 x single head unit.

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Slither
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Slither »

IMO u'd b better off gettin a single DIN head unit that u can link to a changer, iv'e got a cd\md changer, the head unit plays md's but i can link it to a standard cd changer so it will play both

If u were goin to try and hook up your speakers to both headunits i think u'd run into some problems as u'd b sharin power and what would happen if u used both head units at once??? 8O
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

It can be done, but you will have to make a switch box, so you can switch between the two decks. If you connect both head units to the speakers, and they are both turned on at the same time, you will blow all your speakers becuase you will double the Ohmage onto each speaker. You will be better off just buying a double DIN head unit that plays both.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Can u get a double DIN head unit that plays both cd and md??
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

I know Sony came up with one a while ago. I saw it at a product launch I went to two years ago. But I havent seen it on the market yet. I do remember that it had a retail price of $4999. I guess thats why its not on the market!! It had its own hard drive, which meant the deck could store 1000's of songs, and I remember you could connect a Laptop to it, to download background pictures on the colored face of the deck. It had heaps of other stuff, that I cant remember..
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

hi ajr

you might be able to get a deck that has a line in as well cd stacker controller

therefore your speakers will be connect to one deck

dont know if this is what you are after
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

AJR wrote:Just had a look before and the space below my head unit at the moment is too small to fit an extra head unit anyway, or so it looks. I have seen an FTO with a head unit and an equalizer underneath, the're about the same size aren't they? Will another head unit fit?
Yes they will fit, i originally had a set of Alpine MD player on top, & equalizer at the bottom, running CD stacker at the boot.

All you have to do is take out the outer bracket, & then you see there's plenty of room. :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.