I hate people

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Daniel2019
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

I hate people

Post by Daniel2019 »

Driving back to the shop at work this arvo, some idiot's kid standing next to the road, behind a car, about 10m from a sharp speed hump.

First time driving the FTO in a while as the Barina is un registered at the moment.. Had left it in first because the speed bump is only about 50odd meters from the corner where I had just turned in from and was going to just use engine braking to assist :geny: but whatever. Not doing anything illegal. Doing probably 40km/h, 45 absolute tops considering that it's a 50 zone, I only had about 30 metres to accelerate before the speed hump which I have to do about 20km/h over due to steepness and sh*t, wasn't even hitting mivec in 1st. Guy runs half out onto the road (not in front of me, im guessing just to block his kid or whatever, fair enough I guess) and gives me a death stare.. I pull up down the road to go back into the shop to go on my next delivery or whatever. 2 minutes later he storms into the shop demanding to know who owns the "silver car" to which I replied me..

"Dont drive like a dickhead down my street, way too many kids here, stop speeding you dickhead or I'll call the cops next time etc. etc." yelling in the middle of the store.

"Mate I was only doing 45 tops, I left it in first so it wouldve sounded like I was going faster than I actually was" Starts yelling over the top of me, not even giving me a chance to explain (I was talking normally, no yelling or anything)

Continues his rant of "dickhead, speeding, hoon etc"

Manager steps in and apologises to the idiot, who storms out in a huff.

Why in the name of f**k would you come into a store and abuse someone like that. I did nothing illegal, I was not speeding or driving dangerously. Him and his kid were no more than 10 metres absolute maximum (probably around 5-7 if anything.. about 2 car lengths) away from the speed hump so how the f**k could I have been speeding anyway? If I was speeding I would have been more than happy to cop abuse from him, but I wasn't. And it's lucky that I was at work and wasnt really allowed to argue back otherwise it could've turned into a two way screaming match instead of one.

Stupid people. Stupid stupid overreacting people :facepalm2:

/rant
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: I hate people

Post by Taz »

You can thank ACA for people like him...
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Taz wrote:You can thank ACA for people like him...
I was very tempted to tell him to go ahead and call the police but yeah considering I was at work and stuff I figured it was probably best to just let it slide.

But f**k, just because you're having a sh*t day for whatever reason doesnt mean you have to go find an excuse to yell at someone. The thing that pissed me off most was that he didn't even give me a chance to explain anything, he just started yelling over the top of me when I opened my mouth to calmly explain things. If he had've yelled at me then let me speak and explain it and understood what I was saying and said something like "Fair enough, just take it easy down this street" I would've reacted much better.

But instead, I left the car in first for the length of the whole street every time I went up and down it for the rest of my shift :troll:
I fix cars.
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

And this is why we need a new-age holocaust. :facepalm:
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

ObsidianRadio wrote:And this is why we need a new-age holocaust. :facepalm:
Dunno about that,

but just, f**k, man, common sense! At least give me 10 seconds to explain things. I can understand where he was coming from, having a kid near the road and a car at high rpm and such, but to accuse me of speeding just because of that reason and threaten to call the cops is just stupid.
I fix cars.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Also, if I was doing more than 25km/h I wouldnt have a front bar left on the car :facepalm2:

So much facepalm. Grr.
I fix cars.
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

AND THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO SIGN OUT OF OUR FTOAU ACCOUNTS WHEN USING PUBLIC COMPUTERS. :facepalm:
Jack

silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Lol moral of story, change into 2nd :lol:
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Daniel2019 wrote:
Dunno about that,

but just, f**k, man, common sense! At least give me 10 seconds to explain things. I can understand where he was coming from, having a kid near the road and a car at high rpm and such, but to accuse me of speeding just because of that reason and threaten to call the cops is just stupid.
Reminds me of something that happens often to me:
I live in a part-rural area, in around a lot of little farms, There is one street that my property almost corners onto at the end, that I travel down daily, it's an 80KM/hr zone.

Most evenings on my way back from work/Uni, I go that way home, and I pass 2-3 women riding horses, in the opposite direction, on the opposite side of the road. I would usually slow down to about 50KM/hr going past them in respect of the horses. They ALWAYS start waving and yelling demanding me to slow down :?:

The last time I saw them, I was driving my car, and Nick was in his FTO, we slowed down, and they did their normal yelling at us. The man at the back this time, decided that pulling the finger at us was a good idea :!: , our response? Drop down to 2nd and floor it :lol:

Stuff them! If they want to pull the finger at us, after we have slowed down 30KM/hr from the speed limit, and are traveling on the opposite side of the road to them. Then they deserve 0 respect IMO.

/Rant.
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Just yell out something like "its an 80 zone ya cockhead" or something similar :lol:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

In proper response to your thread Daniel, I have similar issues in Adelaide.

This happened to me last year;

Driving down to the shops in D (not in tip), and accidentally flick it into neutral thinking I was in tip and the engine almost redlines, and this is when I had the cannon so it was... Audible. An elderly man WALKS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, PULLS OUT A PHONE, AND FACES THE KEYPAD TO ME AS HE DIALS TRIPLE ZERO. I hop out the car, sprint up to him and snatch his phone out of his hand and explain my situation to him, and then he tells me that people like me need to be in prison and "separated from proper society". Was tempted to smash his phone on the ground in frustration but it was a Nokia 3310, so my attempts would be futile. DAFUQ.

Damn law-abiding citizens.
Jack

Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Some people think that over-reacting is going to fix everything...
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

In response to technikhaus and taz - "Dont be jealous because I have 200 more horses than you" would work better :cheeky: or "If you're going to use our road, can we go do laps of your horse track"

@Jack - I do that sometimes too. Personally I wouldnt have touched his phone, but a call to 000 would have done nothing. They would've got there (if they came at all - would they really respond and send a car out to "Some kid revved his car accidentally") and laughed if anything. Also if you had've thrown his phone down, you would've got busted for destruction of public property (i.e. putting a crater in the concrete)
silverGPX wrote:Lol moral of story, change into 2nd :lol:
Meh, I didn't do anything wrong at all, it wasnt even hitting mivec.

Again I understand that he was making sure his child was safe, I dont have a problem with that but if he had've simply let me explain what happened then he wouldn't have appeared as such a shithead.
I fix cars.
XenaP
Grease Monkey

Post by XenaP »

I got a phone call from my dad yesterday telling me I'll probably be getting a visit from the police soon as someone in his street has dobbed me in for 'hooning' :roll: I mean FFS, I've never gone more than 50 on his street, it's just the old wankers have nothing better to do :evil: Average age of street - Methuselah LMAO

Should be fun if the coppers turn up :lol:
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Amusing thread is amusing.