Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hooking up alarm to accessories barrel

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Hi guys,

So apparently my alarm was never installed properly from the start which was done by Autobarn (big shock there) a few years ago. I need a wire from the alarm to hook up to the accessories barrel so I can disable it when the keys are in the ignition and stop the bastard from going off every-time I disconnect the battery.

Does anyone have a guide to how I would go about this?

Thanks
payaya
Oldtimer

Re: Hooking up alarm to accessories barrel

Post by payaya »

Look up the wiring diagram. From memory it's white or white red? You need to find the wire that has voltage when the key is in accessories. Usually a backup siren goes off no matter so doubt that will solve it. Don't you have a key to your siren?
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

This is the e-mail I got from the alarm company:

"The most important part of the override procedure for the siren, is that the green wire is wired to either the ignition or accessories position of the key barrel.

Please make sure that the siren is first disconnected at the connector near the siren and then disconnect the battery.

I did notice in your email that you mentioned, "anytime you unplug the battery, the siren still goes off".

This should not be the case. What should happen, is the siren would go off once it is unplugged from the wiring harness in the engine bay, before you would have a chance to disconnect the battery.

If you have installed the system, please check that the green wire has power, when the key barrel is turned forward.

Should the install have been done by a store, please organise with the store to book your vehicle in and check that this is the case with the wiring of the green wire on the siren."

My alarm doesn't disable at all if the battery is disconnected, that's why I'm trying to hook it up to the barrel to overide it,
cheers
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Your first post says alarm goes off when disconnecting battery. Your second post says the alarm doesn't go off when you disconnect the batt?

Does your alarm go off when you try start it when armed? If it does, the alarm is hooked up right?

BIG WTF :)
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Yes it does go off when I disconnect the battery. The second post was an e-mail I got telling me how I can stop the alarm going off when I disconnect the battery, which doesn't work.

When the alarm is armed and I put my keys in the ignition and switch to acc / on it goes off, so I first have to disarm it before I can use the car. Pretty sure the dumbass who installed it didn't install it properly, and I've never dealt with alarm installations before so I'm not sure how I'd apply the fix.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

It sounds like the system is working fine? Of course you have to disarm the alarm before you start the car.

What's the point in having an alarm lol

Also its probably a good thing the alarm goes off when dis connecting the battery lol
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Why is it a good thing? What about when my battery and terminals are faulty and I need to spend time changing them over? Not the best to have the alarm going off in an apartment block...

It's meant to disarm the alarm when the keys are in the ignition and I disconnect the siren itself.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

My alarm has a digital data siren, if you disconnect the battery when it is armed, the siren will start blaring. If you disconnect it when disarmed it won't do anything.

Most alarms though, have a key for the siren so that you can put the key into the siren and turn it off.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)