please help auto transmition

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

scotty1810
jedwabna poszewka promocja

please help auto transmition

Post by scotty1810 »

:evil: hi

I recently bought a fto and just my luck its a lemon. The transmition is doing somthing funky. I turned out of my driveway this morning and tryed to change gear (its a triptronic) and the revs hit the roof because my foot was on the acelerator so i took it off and it changes gear no clunkinking it just lags like two seconds and it happens in both auto and manul. It happens to all gears exept reverse i took it to the mechanics and they gave me these two error codes but they have no idea 12afs and 24da co connect please help :?: :?: :?:
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Re: please help auto transmition

Post by shadowarrior »

Check on fto help section for a whole list of error codes and what do they stand for.

And Welcome to the club.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Quite often lagging can be a result of the transmission oil. These boxes are very picky when it comes to oil. Put in the wrong type (or if its too old/burnt) and youll have issues. Im not saying this is definitely the issue because I dont know the transmission codes myself. As shadowarrior said, do a search for transmission codes and you might find something. Otherwise, im sure someone will jump on soon and shed more light.

[edit] Here are the codes:

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14667

[/edit]
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    shadowarrior
    Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

The code 12 would be for Air Flow Sensor, not sure what 24 is for... vehicle speed sensor?
    scotty1810

Post by scotty1810 »

Thanx i will replace the trans oil does anyone no where the speed sencer for the engine is located
    scotty1810

Post by scotty1810 »

And thanx for the welcome :D