FS SYD: GPX Misc parts and spares

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shane001
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FS SYD: GPX Misc parts and spares

Post by Shane001 »

Edit: See latest thread here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28350
Last edited by Shane001 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Re: FS SYD: GPX Misc parts and spares

Post by Daniel2019 »

I'm a little bit interested in the engine...

Any ideas on cost involved to fix it?

Edit: Surely less than a head and block service? How desperately do you need the space mate? Me thinks I will take it.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Minimum cost would be a rear bank head gasket and valve replace/repair.

If I was to repair this as a spare for the race car this is all I'd do. The rest of the engine is good.

There was a guy on here selling a rear bank head gasket only a while back, probably still has it.

If you're interested I'll throw in the other rear head so you have a full set of valves and valve train components.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

This will take over as my project engine. I took mine apart and started to spend money so I dont want to be doing it myself anymore as Im scared ill lose money when (not if :lol:) I stuff something up..

Gonna hand it over to a shop, give them 5-6k and say rebuild it with a port and polish! :D

Sounds good to me mate. I can send you money now if you like, or cash on pickup. Will just have to organise a ute to come and get it from you so may be a week or so.
I fix cars.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Money now is good :) Though a deposit is fine and balance on pickup. pm your email address and I'll email my bank details.

Cheers.
miiladk
Apprentice

Post by miiladk »

what exhaust system you running? interested :D , btw im new to this club!! thanks all!
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

miiladk wrote:what exhaust system you running? interested :D , btw im new to this club!! thanks all!
Not sure what you're asking? This is a parts list for sale lol.

The exhaust listed above is a side exit exhaust pipe with no cat & no muffler, basically straight through. ie only suitable for the track.

And WTTC :)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Oh.. also.. what kind of condition are your GPX calipers in? Need a rebuild or good to go?

Edit: Should I just bring extra money next weekend and go from there? :lol:
I fix cars.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Daniel2019 wrote:Oh.. also.. what kind of condition are your GPX calipers in? Need a rebuild or good to go?

Edit: Should I just bring extra money next weekend and go from there? :lol:
lol, good idea :cheers:

The calipers haven't been used for several years but should be OK as is, but for the cost of a seal kit probably better to rebuild them if you can do it yourself. They also include a set of (I think, will check tomorrow) Akebono pads that are near new, nothing special but would be fine for normal street use.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

No worries. Still weighing up whether or not to do brakes before engine. Leaning towards after, because I just need it running now, but on the other hand would be nice to have it done while parts are available...

Will let you know on the weekend.
I fix cars.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

I might be interested in the cv boot assembly (inner and outer) and the steering rack boots. I need 1 set of inner and outer CV boot assembly, right?
Also, are they brand new, never installed?

Are you planning to sell the Tein coilovers as well?

Cheers,
Sidds
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

CV boots & steering rack boots are sold pending.

Tein's you're currently second dibs re your EOI in the original racecar for sale thread. TBH though I'll need to look at how much hassle these will be to post, as they're big and heavy. If first dibs doesn't take them I'll let you know.

Cheers.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Hi Shane :D

GPX left and right complete front hub assemblies - $50.
What condition are the bearings like?

Pair GPX Front Control Arms - $50.
Do they have decent bushes in them?

I might be interested in these, I would have to ask daniel to collect them for me and hold onto them until we next meet.
Cash would be next weekend.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

PHIL069 wrote:Hi Shane :D

I might be interested in these, I would have to ask daniel to collect them for me and hold onto them until we next meet.
Will have a look later today, bearings are probably OK but I expect they are the original 90K old factory units.
Front control arms, don't know but why would you put em in with used bushes lol! Buy some new ones ;)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Shane001 wrote:

Will have a look later today, bearings are probably OK but I expect they are the original 90K old factory units.
Front control arms, don't know but why would you put em in with used bushes lol! Buy some new ones ;)
I was thinking it would be easier to have a spare set to change bushes and then swap them out, but if you had already put new bushes and/or bearings in it would have been a bonus :D
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

PHIL069 wrote:
Shane001 wrote:

I was thinking it would be easier to have a spare set to change bushes and then swap them out, but if you had already put new bushes and/or bearings in it would have been a bonus :D
haha, good thinking, but then I'd want more than a fiddy for em ;)
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Shane001 wrote:CV boots & steering rack boots are sold pending.

Tein's you're currently second dibs re your EOI in the original racecar for sale thread. TBH though I'll need to look at how much hassle these will be to post, as they're big and heavy. If first dibs doesn't take them I'll let you know.

Cheers.
Oh someone took the CV boots and steering rack boots already? dang!

I guess I'll have a chat with Daniel if he can hold the coilovers for me, and I can pick them up from him when am heading towards Syd or someone from NSW driving towards QLD. I am also happy to wait till next year Bonfire to pick it up from him if he can keep it at his place.
Do they need any re-conditioning etc?

I want the same coilovers which Phil and Bennoz has. Just going to check with Bennoz if he has type HA as well.

Cheers.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

shadowarrior wrote: Just going to check with Bennoz if he has type HA as well.

Cheers.
Nope he doesn't, he's first in line lol! Just waiting for him to confirm if he wants them.

Re reconditioning, I haven't used this set, these were my spares for the racecar, though these are in much better condition than the ones on the racecar and they've been going strong for 3 years. So I'd say no they should be fine as they are. But only way to know for sure is install them and take it for a drive. Pretty confident you'd be fine though.

If Ben passes I'm more than happy for Daniel to pick them up for you, provided Daniel or you pay for them first of course ;)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Yup. If you guys send me the money I can. If not, I can make a second trip to Shane's, thats not a problem. Just let me know whats going on ;)
I fix cars.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Shane001 wrote:
shadowarrior wrote: Just going to check with Bennoz if he has type HA as well.

Cheers.
Nope he doesn't, he's first in line lol! Just waiting for him to confirm if he wants them.

Re reconditioning, I haven't used this set, these were my spares for the racecar, though these are in much better condition than the ones on the racecar and they've been going strong for 3 years. So I'd say no they should be fine as they are. But only way to know for sure is install them and take it for a drive. Pretty confident you'd be fine though.

If Ben passes I'm more than happy for Daniel to pick them up for you, provided Daniel or you pay for them first of course ;)
Oh lol!!! Damn!! Bennoz!! stay with shocks setup...it's way better :D

Would you recommend them for a daily street drive car though? I loved Phil's setup...it was fully adjustable, and was as comfy and soft as sitting on shocks. He just adjusts it to be tight with this special tool when he wants to hit the twisties. Phil isn't sure if he has type HA though.

@Daniel, okie will keep you updated. I am yet to let the Mrs know about the purchase plan...so...need the finance department's approval as well :D