Need something, Put it in here.
Private Sales Only

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Vectose
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Looking for a FTO driver seat

Post by Vectose »

dstocks wrote:If you like I can get a price on the parts for you from Japan. Will be a LOT cheaper than that. This is assuming you have a GR. If you have a GPX, you wont need new ones,they just need to be adjusted. Either way, a lot cheaper than what youve been quoted. Best piece of advice I can give is dont go to Mitsubishi Australia for work or parts for the FTO. Because its an import, they charge through the roof (including for labor). If you go direct to Japan, much cheaper. As far as installation, you are better off finding a local mechanic you can trust.
I believe payaya has changed his tappets a few times and he recommends using Nason branded tappets.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
bryan
Apprentice

Post by bryan »

dstocks wrote:If you like I can get a price on the parts for you from Japan. Will be a LOT cheaper than that. This is assuming you have a GR. If you have a GPX, you wont need new ones,they just need to be adjusted. Either way, a lot cheaper than what youve been quoted. Best piece of advice I can give is dont go to Mitsubishi Australia for work or parts for the FTO. Because its an import, they charge through the roof (including for labor). If you go direct to Japan, much cheaper. As far as installation, you are better off finding a local mechanic you can trust.

Ok thanks for that advice dstocks...yeah i have a GPX. Would Japan possibly have a brand new FTO seat i could buy?
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

The freight would kill you.... With respect to the seat, youd be better off buying an aftermarket seat (or 2) and custom fit to the FTO rails. You can also buy aftermarket seat rail kits for the FTO (although they do cost a bit).
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    bryan
    Apprentice

Post by bryan »

dstocks wrote:The freight would kill you.... With respect to the seat, youd be better off buying an aftermarket seat (or 2) and custom fit to the FTO rails. You can also buy aftermarket seat rail kits for the FTO (although they do cost a bit).
    Yeah the freight :facepalm2: .........erm so i just go to any local car accessory shop and ask if they can tailor make a seat for my fto?
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

No, You can either pick up any aftermarket seat and get someone to fabricate or modify FTO rails to fit, or there are certain aftermarket brands such as Bride and Recaro that have an FTO seat rail kit you can buy to fit them (although these have to come from Japan and last time I saw them they were a couple of hundred.

In all honesty, your cheapest option is to pay an upholsterer to replace the foam in the bolsters and get them recovered in a fabric of your choice or alternatively, just get the foam repaired and buy a set of the leatherette seat covers to fit.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      bryan
      Apprentice

Post by bryan »

dstocks wrote:No, You can either pick up any aftermarket seat and get someone to fabricate or modify FTO rails to fit, or there are certain aftermarket brands such as Bride and Recaro that have an FTO seat rail kit you can buy to fit them (although these have to come from Japan and last time I saw them they were a couple of hundred.

In all honesty, your cheapest option is to pay an upholsterer to replace the foam in the bolsters and get them recovered in a fabric of your choice or alternatively, just get the foam repaired and buy a set of the leatherette seat covers to fit.
      That sounds like a brilliant idea....thanks again for that!!...u r a legend!!! :salut:
      bryan
      Apprentice

Post by bryan »

bryan wrote:
      dstocks wrote:No, You can either pick up any aftermarket seat and get someone to fabricate or modify FTO rails to fit, or there are certain aftermarket brands such as Bride and Recaro that have an FTO seat rail kit you can buy to fit them (although these have to come from Japan and last time I saw them they were a couple of hundred.

Im considering buying new seats at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009IH ... OJAJDNQSRP ....

What do you think? worth it? and what custom seat brackets is he referring to?